Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Hi everyone,

I've noticed many avatars with stars and animated sparkles in the background.  Is there a computer program that does that?  I would love to learn how to do that.

hugs,
Sheila

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Sheilagh on another thread Sarah gave some tips on creating these avatars.  I can't seem to find that thread at the moment.  You basically create separate frames them when it runs together it looks animated. 
The program she recommended was Ulead Gif animator which can be downloaded for a 15 day trial.  I just tried it today and managed to get something to work .

You can create the separate pictures in any photo editor then load each as a separate frame in the Gif animator.  It takes some playing around but is fun .

Sarah is a sweetheart for sharing this with us and has made some beautiful avatars !  bear_wub  bear_thumb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

woo hoo!!  that looks amazing Tammy!!!  Isn't it fun!  :dance:  :dance:   I'll find the link and post it.....

Jellybelly Bears wrote:

Patty, I posted about how to animate on Ed, but because I've had so much fun playing around with avatars and animations I thought I'd write about it here too so if anyone wants to join in the fun they can :dance:

Anyway, I'm just learning how to animate, but the way I do it is by using a GIF animator. I actually switch between photoshop, ulead photoimpact and ulead gif animator. I create the base jpg in the first 2 programs and then the animations with the gif animator which allows you to work on different frames and then puts them all together for you in a GIF animation. Just incase I'll explain that an animation is basically a few frames put together and switching from one to the other...like a flip book. Its not too hard once you learn the programs and they are pretty user friendly..it still takes time googling graphics and sparklies and putting it all together, but its easier than you would imagine. The fiddly part is when you are adding lots of seperate animations to one photo. So Jodi's came together in a coulpe of hours, but the more complex the longer. Its definitely worth learning tho, it is SO much fun.

I'm happy to help with any questions, the only problem is that I'm not a healthy person so don't have heaps of time or thinking brain time in a day, so I'm just a little slow...in more ways than one te he

The other link that is really helpful when you're beginning with avatars is the challenge section, the digital challenge post...Shelli gives really good advice on how to get started with programs like photoshop and making avatars.
xx sarah

and this was the other link where we all talked about avatars and stuff.  http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=11842

I'm just playing around for the moment and having fun making them for friends but it seriously is worth having a play around...it's almost as addictive and fun as bears  bear_tongue

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked Whoa!!!  I'll say it again ~ I learn so much on here!  I don't have a program, nor the brain power and time to play with it, but now I know how the animations are created on the avatars...too cool!  bear_happy  You gals are really clever  bear_thumb

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:   My sparkly avatar is a Sarah Original!   :dance:  :dance: 

bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

I NEVER could have figured it out myself! 

Kim Basta

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Kim , thank GOD for our Sarah !! She took good care of us this Christmas season bear_grin

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nice job Sarah.

I also just changed my avatar. Animated gif's are easy to create. I can also help anyone. Anything can be animated. It's soo much fun, I just sucked up my whole sunday doing it! LOL

Dilu Posts: 8,574

2 golly thumbs up Miss Sarah you have made it a treat for everyone!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Not a problem, it makes me happy to help and share, really...and you are all too sweet  bear_innocent 
Heather, too cool avatar bear_original  They are so much fun aren't they.  I love that the forum is all Christmassy..we need a christmas smiley now  bear_tongue

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Thank you so much, Sarah.  I will study what you wrote down and try to make my own.  Cross your fingers for me!

bear hugs,
Sheila

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks for the complement Sarah.  It's soo much fun to make eh? And an avatar gives me an excuse to play around with it.

Board footer