Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Remember folding paper and cutting out snowflakes when you were a kid? Now you can make a virtual flake here:

http://snowflakes.lookandfeel.com/

As if you didn't have enough stuff eating up your time right now.....  bear_rolleyes  bear_laugh   This is fun though and a bit addictive.

Post your snowflake for all to see! Here are a couple I made...

flake1.jpg

flake2.jpg

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Bonnie, the teddy bear one you made is adorable! You're right that it's addicting...trying to see what the system will let you do and getting frustrated. It's fun to look through the gallery. Here is my attempt with an allusion to bear heads (you inspired me!):

debsflake2.jpg

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

flake.jpgLovin' the snowflakes!  Here's mine ... I had a few issues with scissor control so it's not what you'd call fine art!! :crackup:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow this looks like fun, well done everyone.  :clap:

Great snowflakes Deborah and Paula! Aren't they fun? :clap: 
I love your teddy flake Deborah.
I know what you mean about frustration and scissor control. Sometimes the program will let you make certain cuts and other times it won't. I'm glad they included an 'UNDO' button! :D
It's still a lot of fun to play with though. Lets see some more! :clap:  :clap:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap: That was fun......it was hard to stop!! bear_grin Here's mine:

tracysflake.jpg

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Bonnie,

how clever you are and what fun you have brought everyone.  Thank you.....love the bear head snowflakes you guys!

Website

Well done, Paula and Tracy!  bear_thumb I'm with you, Bonnie--I'm glad they included that Undo button! bear_laugh

I was having such fun that I made another one with a semi-bear theme...
debsflake3B.jpg

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

NO NO NO I can't add another addiction!!
must stay away!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I just couldn't resist having a go!!

Mine looks rather boring compared to everyone else's flakes!

flakeheart.jpg

Website

Bronwen--you make me giggle! bear_laugh

Ooo, I like yours, Gemma!  bear_flower

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Aww, thanks Debora!  :hug:

I couldn't resist doing another!!.....

flaketree.jpg

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

oh good lord i flunked making virtual snowfalkes! havent cut one out in many many years..not like riding a bike at all....i just had outlines and a pile of paper at the bottom!
how about i have NO scissor control!!:{:{:{  deb

Website

Oh, that's a really neat one, Gemma! bear_smile

Deb, try again! (I used that Undo button quite a bit...I inadvertently cut off the whole top portion of one of mine and was left with, well, nada!! bear_wacko )

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Here's mine.

The entire time I was doing it, my incredibly impatient 13 year old son was alternatively saying either, "Lemme see it!" or, "I WANNA TRY!"

So I guess it's his turn. :)

Here's mine; super fun!

flakeSH.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Here's Toby's flake -- it's snowmen!  Clever boy (takes after his mom, clearly.) :)

flakeTH.jpg

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked I feel like a total loser next to all these fine accomplished snowflake artists!!!  bear_shocked No, I'm serious, I was happy just making the scissors cut the paper ....and you lot have created simply astonishing works of art ~ replete with teddy bears!  bear_wub  :clap:  :dance: Way to go gals!!!  :clap:  :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Toby - I LOVE your snowflake!!! Make us another one!!! :dance:  :pray:

I spent 2 hours making snowflakes last night! Didn't save a one! bear_sad Many were trees and hearts which have been done by very talented ladies here already I see so good thing I didn't save and post.

But now I'm itching to make another!! It's such great therapy!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Daphne, just for you, from Toby.  He calls this one, "Negative Space Guy."  He asked me to blow up a small portion of the image so you could better see the detail of his anime-inspired little "guy" within the snowflake, complete with a shock of hair over his forehead.  Enjoy!

flakeTH2.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Toby, what a creative guy you are!  Love your snowflakes and your mom's, too!

zemeski Posts: 434

I went crazy and had some flaky fun!!!

bear_grin
flake27888.jpg
flake1900.jpg
flake3.jpg
flake1206.jpg
flake1234.jpg
flake06.jpg

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Hi all!  I'm loving everyone's snowflakes.  It's been a LONG time since I've posted.  I haven't made a bear since last Christmas!!  bear_cry  But I do try to   check in here every few days.

I couldn't resist having a go at making a teddy-snowflake!!   And I turned it white in Corel PhotoPaint.  I like them white, like on the site.  :lol:
Snowflake2006.jpg

PS - check it out - I haven't changed my avatar since the St. Patrick's day challenge!!!! AAAAaa!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I would love to do this but can't get the bloody scissors to work.............sigh...........you would'nt think i build websites would you? I am a dummo when it comes to using controls. I used to have a Playstation and my boys bought me a racing car game - i could'nt even drive round the track the right way. My sons were on the point of throttling me every time i tried to do it - that or hysterical.

No point in me trying to do this - i LOVE all your snowflakes though - have a thought for poor old Pen who will remain snowflakeless.
bear_cry

Penny  bear_tongue

Website

Oh, WOW!!! Shelli, Toby, Melissa--you've made such lovely snowflakes! So clever! And LYNNE!! bear_wacko  :clap: I am completely in awe!!!

Pen, hon, try again. I know you can do it!  :hug:

Wow, I love everyone's flakes! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  I knew you all would come up with some creative beauties! Seeing what everyone else has done is as much fun as doing it yourself.!

Board footer