Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I was absolutely jumping out of my seat in the theater tonight when the trailer for MIMZY came on!  My first RECOGNITION of Daphne's handwork was of this cute little bunny as seen from behind at the very end of the trailer; before that, I didn't realize this was the trailer for MIMZY at all.  It looked more like a kind of kid-centered sci-fi/futuristic movie of some sort, about two kids who can "see" things -- messages from the future -- that nobody else can see. 

All I could see of Daphne's bunny in that moment, was the ears.  Almost -- but not quite -- in silhouette.

But that blanket-stitched edging and those furry little ears could ONLY have been made by our Daphne.  Totally starstruck; that was me.  I told my kids, "I KNOW the girl who made that bunny!  She's my friend Daphne, from Teddy Talk!"

They didn't show a clear frontal view of MIMZY after that, but they did say that the little girl "talks" to her bunny, who tells her things about the future.  Who teaches her things.

And they also showed Timothy Hutton and Joely Richardson as two of the film's stars!  Woo hoo!

It was TOTALLY cool to have that little bit of insider scoop while watching this trailer, and my kids eyes opened really wide that their otherwise entirely dorky mom had some inside track on a Hollywood film.

Daphne... TOO COOL, girlfriend!!!  Your bunny rocks!  Can't wait to see the film; it looks family friendly and really fun!

And check it out... I found the exact trailer that I just saw, online.  And there are, like, a bajillion images of MIMZY in the trailer, after all ... if you know what to focus on and look for (meaning, NOT the actors!).  She's the freaking star of the movie, that bunny is. 

Awesome, awesome, awesome, Daph.  Can I have your autograph?

And PS... Why aren't you given credit on IMDB?  It had BETTER be in the closing credits!

See the MIMZY trailer for yourself, here:

http://-trailers.blogspot.com/2006/12/m … ailer.html

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

ooh how cool is that!!!  Sounds like a fun movie - can't wait to see it.  Daphne, you must be so excited!
Danni

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Danni's right...HOW COOL IS THAT!? Congratulations Daphne!

Cheryl bear_flower

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Daphne,
  Shelli thanks for the info on the trailer - I j ust watched it!  OMG Daphne, that is sooooo cool and I already have your autograph LOL!  Congratulations and they BETTER give you credit!

hugs,

Brenda

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Yay for Daphne...that is so cool.  I do seem to recall that Daphne said she would NOT be named in the credits however.  Don't quote me on that...and I'm saying this without going back to her original postings when she was sharing her bunnies in the making.

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Shelli thank you for the link... Daphne how cool is that to see your bunny up on the screen ...

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Wow I saw heaps of the bunny how great is that!!
Woohoo we know a real star
:photo:

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow! What an accomplishment! The name of the movie is the name of the bunny! Daphne, are they going to mass produce little Mimzy's do you think?
Aerianna

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Lynette

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

That's sooo COOL! I can't wait to see it myself!!

Daphne WOW! So, it is TRUE!! (just kidding!)  :crackup:

So, here is the prize for your hard work! We are all over the world are going to see your creation!
WOW!

Hugs and congratulations!

Julia  :hug:  :photo:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

They may not list the name but we can sure as heck pass it round!
It was our darling Daphne.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Big congratulation again!!  Daphne !!!!!  :clap:  :clap:
I can't wait to see the movie !!!  :D

Thanks Shelli for letting us know !  :hug:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Yeah  :dance: thats so cool congratulations Daphne.  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow Daphne I don't know what date we will get the film here in the UK but I'm definately going to watch it. Great work my friend, lovely bunny and the film doesn't look bad either. Well done Daphne!

Thanks for the link Shelli, I watched quite a few of the trailers.  bear_grin

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

That is SO cool!! Daphne, I hope you're walking around with your chest puffed out and a big grin on your face!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:dance: Yiippeeee!!!!  :dance:  I could only wish they'd shown that as the trailer for James Bond...oh well.  I'll be in the theaters rooting for Daphne's bunny  bear_wub ....or is that bunnies  bear_rolleyes

I think its a bit tacky that they don't mention who makes the bunny...or the other bears, dogs etc that get used in other films.  Like the cute little puppy dog that Lucy trails around with in "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe"....I'll be telling everyone I know about Mimzy, though  bear_thumb LOL, its a small circle, but word spreads  bear_grin

:clap: Way to go Daphne!!!!!  :clap:

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

WOWWWWW Daphne, that is just beyond fantastic - you must be SOOOOOO proud of yourself - your bunny is just SO GORGEOUS - all that work and stress sure was worth it  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_smile  :dance:  :dance:

Hugs
Catherine

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OMG!!!!
A few minutes ago (6:30 AM..... way earlier that I am ever up) I opened my email and found a note from Shelli about the trailer. I didn't know it was out..... hadn't seen it! Couldn't seem to operate the keyboard or mouse to get to TT where she said she'd posted about it so I could see the trailer! Nothing happened fast enough!

Now I'm just sitting here freaking out. I mean, that's the bunny I made.... all 6 of em! HOW COOL IS THAT??????

Nope, I was told no credit line.

But like one of you said.... YOU all know!!!  :hug:

OMG!!!

Gotta go tell my family.

OMG!!!

Thanks Shelli for starting the day of great! We're off to see a bunch of houses in Maine today. Maybe this will be the day we find the right one!!!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

PS.... we're back from out house hunt in Maine today.... my head is on straight again, that's the good news... no house though! bear_sad

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thats awesome !!! Yea !!!!!!

:clap:  :clap:

The ones who really count know !!!! You could always go to the movie and yell I MADE THAT BUNNY !!!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Daphne that is just the COOLEST thing ever !  I just watched he trailer and called my kids to check it out.  I am so excited for you.  Mimzy looks fantastic , what a thrill to see it finally come to life after all that stress.  Did you see that swirly over the 'i" im Mizmy- it is the same as the bunnies bellybutton.  I am jumping up and down  for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!   WOOOOHOOOOO- Daphne rules.   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

p.s. good luck house hunting.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Dilu Posts: 8,574

Way to go Daphne!  But I bet you are still glad that its done and over....you worked so hard!

I  think Shelli is right-the buns are in everything and they are most definietly Daphne buns....

She looks terrific!

gollyhugs
dilu

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

The trailer looks wondeful Daffers - your Mimzy looks super and i can't wait for the film to come out over here, i will definitely go and see it.

See.............all that madness paid off in the end Daff - YOU ARE FAMOUS!!!!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Penny  :hug:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Wow that's incredibly cool.  If there's no credit line given, you're still allowed to post it as your creation in a portfolio type thing aren't you?? My bro -in- law is an animator and can show works on his site, as long as the "ownership" stuff is noted...at least I think that's how it works, I'd have to check with him.

Wow, Congratulations..esp since it seems like the bunny is totally key to the movie.

:hug:
~Chrissi

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Well Daphne I am totally amazed..That's fantastic..and the bunny looks good too...

Very proud on your behalf!!!!

It's a bit mean not to credit you though....you deserve that, at least!

Board footer