Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

My first of 4 bear books arrived today, The Complete Book of Teddy-Bear Making Techniques.

This is my 3rd bear book. The other to were.. well I'll say awfull. They didn't explain anything, give seam allowences or even show you verious techniques.

I cannot praise this book enough. It has from bear styles to making your own patterns, Working with different joints, eyes and armature. Hits on also soft sculpting (A little) , Needle work like pad details and even how to sew on a machine! They don't really focus on Mini's but there is one mini pattern. The patterns on the book arn't great... Well I don't like them and dout i'll use them but I found it a fountain of Knowledge... I can't wait till Nancy Tillbergs 101 arrives...

I've already started making my own pattern... Of course i've already hit away from how they show you to make an typical bear... But that's me, Never stay on the side of easy or not very challenging!

I do reccomend any Newbie to get this book. It's wonderfull... If you can't find somthing in it you don't like, I will refund your money in full  :crackup:

On cloud nine  :dance:

Richy~

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

This is the book Richy is talking about... by Merrett & Stephens

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Ted … 0762403497

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

That was the first bear making book I got and I loved it.

TeddyTyke Posts: 65

We live near a book clearance outlet and they have quite a few teddy making books for around £6 or £7, including the 101 one. I started off with a couple of books, but recently got Ted Menten's book, from Amazon. It's brilliant. Can't recommend it highly enough.  (I've only been making bears since October).

dakotahicks Paws In My Garden
Georgia

OK, you guys made this book sound too good to pass up and I ordered it last night.  Plus a couple of others to add to my library of books that did not help.  I really hope your suggestion to buy this book explains bear making more up close & personal than other books I already have.  Though books do give good information there are so many hidden unknowns they don't talk about.  I tend to make things that are not in a book like dogs.  I can't wait to get this book.   How Exciting.  Thanks for the advise I hope it helps me grown in my bear making skills. Hugs, Angela Hicks of Paws In My Garden.

Board footer