Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

articicle Posts: 119

I'm new but want to throw down the gauntlet... I'm giving folks tons of time because we all may have other things that need doing that are frankly more priority, and I frankly don't want to see previously made stuff posted (things made before dec 20th 2006)

Rules: 

*Animal must have lots of charactor

*Must not be made before today (dec 20 2006)

* must have lots of "expression, charactor, unique style"

* must be "out of the ordinary" fictional... 
EXAMPLES-dragon, eh think baby dragon... 
bear maybe baby bear crying....
maybe try mixing two animals together like hampster and an elf...

out side the box is key!!!!

REWARD PRIZE TO WINNER!!!!:

I'll let my girlfriend pick the winner out of the pictures submitted on this thread, and I will make the Picture image into a digital ATC (artist Trading Card) with some animal fiction on the reverse, and send a signed one to the winner.

DEADLINE: April fools day (april 1st 2007)

-Articicle

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

sounds interesting!  Pity you weren't around when I created the 1/2 kangaroo 1/2 rat ages ago *shudder*  :crackup:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hahha Bron!!!   I think I may have missed him - sounds GORGEOUS LOL

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

This sounds like a fun challenge Articicle. I stopped trying to join the challenges because I just have too many things going at once and because I'm so doggone sloooooooow.... but surely I can get it done by April!
So since this is to be a totally mythical creature, if it doesn't turn out I can call it the creature from the black lagoon and say it is supposed to look that way?!  bear_laugh
Kidding!
Hmmmm... now to figure out what to make...... have to make a decision bear_shocked ..... so many possibilities..... this could take a while.... no wonder I'm slow at creating! egad. bear_grin

Well it doesn't have to be mythical, it could be just fictional... and even in the odd way.  So bring on the smurf/panda hybrids... 

Gee, someone could make an invisible friend out of invisible thread?  Would they just post a picture of nothing?

Being one of those freaky artists its either this or paint the walls in my house neon green and plum crazy purple mettalic.

come on, think of the fame, think of the creation, the uber cool prize... who is the offical first to enter???  Bonnie is that a yes?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Can it be made of mohair, alpaca, real fur, synthetic, needlefelted...... aka "ANYTHING".... or do you have specifics in mind?

Articicle wrote:

Bonnie is that a yes?

Sure, I'll play.  Articicle, are you going to make a critter too?

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Sounds like fun!! I think that I could come up with something weird by April. I haven't been on TT too much lately, welcome to Teddy Talk Articicle!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I dont wish to play wet blanket but I was of the understanding that there are to be no competitions on Teddy Talk.
A challenge is fine and if you wish to privately do an ATC for the one you personally like best then that is upto you.
Speak to one of the Moderaters first Art, before you go any further.

Daphne wrote:

Can it be made of mohair, alpaca, real fur, synthetic, needlefelted...... aka "ANYTHING".... or do you have specifics in mind?

well I was thinking outside the box, so just have at it with whatever... I figure expand your intrests and use this as an excuse...

AS FOR ME MAKING ONE...

Challenge accepted Bonnie.  Since your giving it a go, how can I refuse to make something?!  Maybe by then I'll even have two or three somethings?!

Hey its just a big excuse to have fun.

articicle

Oh, well this is an *unoffical* challenge then.  By all means I don't want to step on anyones toes and break rules if we cant do things like this...

I just wanted to spur people on to make new neat creations.  No offense to anyone. 

articicle

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Now dont go getting your knickers in a twist Art. I said speak to a moderator so that you can iron out any problems that may occur with this challenge and find a way for it to work properly.  bear_thumb
So stop jumping to conclusions.

Here on TT we are well known for our gift giving. I very much doubt that anyone of us expected our friends to have to earn it.  So instead of a competition, how about just giving a private gift?  :hug:
That would be in more keeping with the Teddy Talk spirit I think. :dance:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hey Articicle, Pretty cool idea! I think I might be able to join in, sounds like fun!
Maybe you could just put all the "players" into a hat and pick one out for your ATC card (pretty cool to offer  bear_original )  I've seen other teddy forums do it that way, it's not really a competition 'cause it's a random drawing...even bid 4 bears has done it that way  during challenges..put names in a hat for a listing fee "prize" for participating.   Just one idea if your original way doesn't work for the forum. 

:hug:
~Chrissi

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

hey sounds like fun bear_thumb

as im new here how do challenges work, etc how do i enter?

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Just add your picture of your creation here.  Easy done.  These challenges are usually just done to stretch our skills from what we normally do. They are great fun.

ok to make it a non ccompetition challenge to all that post a picture of a creation I'll put names in a hat and draw out someone that I will do an ATC of that creation for.  hopefully that will let me offfer a treat and still keep me out of the fire of breaking rules.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I will have to put my thinking cap on !!!!!

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

hmmm no posts up yet  ooooh

cat xxx

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

hmmmmmm.......i dunno if its going ahead or not, Articicle hasnt been around that i know of.....would be a good one to do tho

Weymouth
Website

maybe some one else should flag it up and give us a longer deadline ??
not me - im new !!! lol

*runs and hides !

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Articicle, where are you?

I think it is a good challenge idea and if you are so inclined you should go for it! Wish I had time!

Okay, Articicle.... Here's my fictional critter, A Wooly Sabertoothed Cavebear.   (You did say it could be made out of anything right?) I don't know that he is really "out of the ordinary fictional" as specified in your rules, but I had fun with him. bear_original

cavebear.jpg

He is about 8 inches tall, made of polymer clay over a gourd.  His tummy is bare gourd.

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

wow oh wow oh wow........ bear_shocked  he is wonderful.....and to think i cant even make noses out of the stuff :redface:
whats his name?
fantastic creation bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :clap:

Weymouth
Website

fantastic - you win as no one else seems to have made the date !
well done !  :clap:  bear_tongue

cat xxxx

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Bonnie, he is fabulous!! I have to keep going back to have another look at him.....he is awesome!

Board footer