Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

We are having a really major snowstorm here in Denver ,Colorado..... they closed the airport , all schools, the post office could not even run today, they are going to try again tomorrow.  What a time to get backed up with packages right here at christmas.  There are 4,500 people stuck at the airport and tons just sleeping in their cars on the highways.
I feel so sorry for them.  And the snow is suppose to continue until tomorrow afternoon.  I hope everyone can make it home safe. My husband can't even make it home tonight from work :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well it is still snowing, my neighborhood streets are bad, you can't leave your house and I don't think anyone
can drive down it. I took some pics this morning, showing how deep with the mailboxes and neighbors car.

snow1.jpg

snow11.jpg

snow2.jpg

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

ohhhh Tami...we are not that far away..northern NM & it's been snowing here...heard about your weather on the news earlier...stay warm & safe!!!
Hugs &

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

On the other side of the world here in Victoria, Australia it is 35+ and so hot.  No wind but lots of smoke because of the bushfires.  One little town Walhalla where we had a camping trip last Boxing day is under threat... these fires have been burning for more than 3 weeks now.  The firemen deserve a medal for what they do....

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Oh Tami, I heard about your snow storm. We in Minnesota are going to get a dribble of what you guys are having...But we snow-hungry Minnesotans are drooling for some of that snow...the poor weather person is throwing his hands up in defeat every time he reports we are having "spring-like" weather...

And Denise, such sad, sad events happening in your country. I am keeping all my Aussie Teddy Bear Friends in my prayers and hope the fire stays away from you guys. Keep safe.

Michelle

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Ugh a snowstorm.  Brrrr.  I hope everyone is ok and your hubby gets home eventually.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh Tami, send us some this way PPppppllleeease.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Tami...a snow storm always sounds kinda nice to me  bear_rolleyes  but I've never even seen snow mind you!

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Tami, hope you guys are safe. We had ice and lost power for days, it was very isolating when you are used to the internet! I hope people just stay where they are at and keep safe!! Pam

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I saw about you guys on the news this morning - what a smack Mother Nature gave you! I hope you are safe and warm...Take care!
Cheryl bear_flower

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I seen the pictures of Denver.  My son would be in hog heaven out there.  He so wants a blizzard.  I think the boy is a bit touched.

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Its hard to comprehend snow like that when us Aussies never see it that thick in towns.  Another hot day here today but they forcast a late change with RAIN and they are forcasting snow on the alps for Christmas eve.   How fickle Mother Nature is....

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Tammi what wonderful photo's ..I love to see snow like that it looks so pretty. I guess it is a diffrent story when you have to live in it. Stay safe and warm.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

That kind of storm can be so dangerous.  People sleeping in their cars?!!  I do hope they have sense to brush the snow away from their tailpipes while running the cars for heat.   bear_sad

On the brighter side......and I do try to look for the good....the snow is just BEAUTIFUL!  You can keep it there in Colorado though, okay.  I've had my fill of white Christmas's growing up in Alaska! bear_tongue

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

SnowDay.jpgThe kids are having so much fun! They come in every once in a while to toss their coats and snow pants in the dryer and have a snack and warm up. Then back out there again.
The snow in our yard is about 3 feet deep, even deeper in some places.
Here's a pic out my dining room window. The snow is up to the windows and you can see it hanging off the roof.
Yes, that's our hot tub out there. You can see this side of it, but the other side is completely under snow.
I'm sooooo tired of shovelling!!

There is a guy in his truck pulling another guy down the street on his snowboard! He's hanging onto a rope and having a great time!!

By the way, anyone that had an order this week . . . .
I'm sorry, it will be a while. The post office is closed.

I'm going to go sit by the fire and work on a bear!!  bear_grin

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Hi Tami,
Oh What a horrilble storm!
My sis in-law sent me a couple pics from Brighton CO. The kids are having a blast  bear_grin
kids1.jpg
kids3.jpg

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Yes I think all of the kids are having fun, NOT my husband , he is still stuck at the airport!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh no Tami.  I was hoping he would have gotten home for you.

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

Blizzard-Dec-2006-horiz..jpgBlizzard-Dec-2006-Cinderbea.jpgSnowed in the mountains of Colorado all alone except for my Birdie and all the bears.  Here is Cinderbearella standing in my front door  trying to sweep some of the snow away..  I got nearly  4 feet up here in Evergreen so I am not going anywhere any time soon...  My oldest son is driving home but had to postphone due to the roads so won't see him until Sat to dig me out...    It is truely a White Christmas here in CO!!!      Janet

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Wow!!!  bear_shocked   But then again, its pretty typical snowfall for Colorado  bear_rolleyes   I can remember being all of three and my auntie and uncle had to be careful about me and my brother with the snow...veery easy to put a little one down, and then poof!   bear_shocked   Into a snowbank you get swallowed  bear_ermm

I felt so bad for all those people stuck in the airport...then heard about the ones stuck in their cars, and thought at least the ones in the airport have got access to heat, food, and most importantly ~ restrooms!!!  Really hoping everyone gets safely home or to their end destinations...

Board footer