Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Aquene Lincolnshire, UK

bear_laugh Hi - I am quite new so I apologise if I am repeating a subject here, I am quite curious on what other makers have experienced with using armeteurs or flexilimbs......I have used flexilimbs which seem to be able to add to the posing of a bear (especially on the arms) - but wondered what it is like to use a different system any tips and techniques would be gratefully accepted.....:)  Hugs Michele

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I know this has been suggested before by Shelli ...but after struggling with bendy perm rollers from the hairdessing warehouse for ages I moved over to using what I think are called 'terminal clips' or fixings from the electricians suppliers...those fit nicely on to cotter pins...and some even  have 7mm+  holes so you could use with nut and bolt joints. I use a crimping tool to fit on to twisted copper wire...I'm trying to get a nice bendy covered one but haven't found one yet.

My husband bought the crimping tool from his suppliers...and it cost an arm and a leg...I'm sure there are cheaper ones around...

Jenny

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Michele, read this.  http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=1104

The item Jenny refers to is called a "Ring Terminal" in the US.  Hope this helps!

Board footer