Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

at long last my little corner of Vt may be getting hi speed internet! yeah! we've been standing in the driveway ..cable in hand ever since my dh saw the trucks before Christmas..!!  on to my question..i have earthlink with Verizon dial up..so we host with earthlink..if i switch to comcast and decide to swith away form earthlink..how iwll that affect my site in the search engines? or will it? domain names go with me? and how? help before he signs me up! bear_original:):)  deb

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Deb, if i undestand your question, you're asking if you switch internet providers, will your .com change?

The answer is no. Don't worry. That is no if you have purchased a .com
Now, if you have your website on the space provided by your internet provider, than it will change.

Clear as mud?

How it affects the search engines, I don't think it would, although i wouldn't stake much on that answer.

Fairfax,Vermont

so i purchased my domain names (.com) thru earthlink..so i can still use them and they are mine? anyone webhost thru comcast? or have any other cautions or advice?  thanks for answering me Heather! deb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I PM'd you Deb!

Fairfax,Vermont

Thanks Daphne i never think to look there ( and i confess i went to my email first :}:}
back at ya!  deb

Board footer