Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Over the last 12 months the number and variety of bear magazines on offer at my newsagent, has greatly reduced. When once i could go in and buy a bear magazine from Canada,USA, England or Australia, I am now lucky to even find our own Australian Bear Creations. In their place are many new publications on Beading , Scrapbooking etc. Sadly I think this reflects yet another downturn in Bears.
I have, however, taken a subscription out for Teddy Bear and Friends and love receiving it in the mail. Today I also subscribed to Australian Bear creations so no longer will i have to search for it or bring it home only to find I already have it.  ( No more complaints about only wanting one magazine but receiving two )I must add that it was an excellent deal...and while I 'd been trying to reduce the magazines I buy , both offer real value as subscriptions.
I do however, miss the impulse buy, that  o/seas publication which is usually so expensive in Australia.
What magazines do you buy and which offers you good value?
Susan

sarahjane Brisbane

Hi Susan....I am a real sucker for magazines...I buy Australian Bear Creations, and Dolls, Bears & Collectibles Magazine.

Whenever I can I buy whatever overseas publications are available, usually Teddy Bear and Friends or Teddy Bear Club International but I can't always find them!!!

djbbears Queensland

yep agree with you on so many different craft magazine's that have appeared here as well, I do buy Bear Creations and Dolls and Bears but there is more dolls in that as I love reading in creations about all the different artists and how they started........even hubby has read some of them....he would die if he knew I was telling :dance: .yep there isn't much here anymore which is very disappointing :doh:

Debbie

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

It is great to see that the Aussies are supporting Australian Bear Creations but is it as popular o/seas?
I have also . only just yesterday , subscribed to my second bear magazine.but thought that maybe in a few months may look at another.  It is usually a less expensive way to buy, however, you need to know a little about the magazine first.
Sarahjane do you find Teddy Scene good value? I would love to be able to just pick up the odd o/seas magazine as I once did but it is no longer there....all beading etc.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I subscribe to both of the US mags: Teddy Bear and Friends and Teddy Bear Review.  I also have issues of Australian Bear Creations, Teddy Bear Scene, TBCI and Teddy Bear Times (which I know have now combined)

Quite often I'll search ebay for back issues of the other magazines... I'd LOVE to subscribe.... but just can't right now

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I only have one UK subscription and that's to www.teddybearscene.co.uk which is a great magazine, particularly because it doesn't patronise it's reader.  It's edited by Kathy Martin who is a really dedicated supporter of the bear world and has done a terrific job of turning this magazine from one I couldn't bear, into my UK favourite.  Other than that I subscribe to Teddy Bear and Friends and Teddy Bear Review from the US, both of which I really enjoy finding on my doormat!

sarahjane Brisbane

Susan I love Teddy Scene but unfortunately I have found it difficult to fine and can't afford a subscription at the moment  bear_sad   But I buy it whenever I can find it, I have found one newsagent here in Brisbane who stocks a couple of the overseas publications that I buy when I can get there......I must say that I find Australian Bear Creations my absolute favourite though

beary_clairey Luton

Hello All,

Well I subscribe to:

Teddy Bear Scene
Teddy Bear Club International
Australian Bear Creations

The Australian Bear Creations I subscribed to through isubscribe.com or .co.uk and you can subscribe to any magazine that you want wherever in the world you are.

Hugs

Claire

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_rolleyes I've come across the same problem as you Susan - all the overseas teddy bear magazines have disappeared from the newsagent where I live, big sigh! Anyway, I subscribe to the following magazines....

Australian Bear Creations
Teddy Bear Scene
Teddy Bear Club International
Teddy Bear and Friends

I enjoy all the magazines and always look forward to receiving them  bear_grin

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thanks everyone. I dont know of Teddy Bear Club International. I think I will ask the newsagent to just get in one or two copies for me to buy and see what they are like. The trouble is they are always so expensive and I think the money could go towards mohair....maybe not. I already have too much!   But sometimes they are half the cost of a good book!
Susan

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I presently subscribe to Teddy Bear and Friends and Teddy Bear Review.  I also purchase Teddy Bear Club International when I can find it.  I should just subscribe to it.....it's one of my favorites! 
bear_original  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

puca bears puca bears

As I currently live in Germany, I suscribe to two of the four German bear magazines - BarReport and Teddybar und Seine Freunde - and quite often pick up one of the others!
I also suscribe to Teddy Bear Scene, and I agree, Paula - it is GOOD, mainly thru' the efforts of Kathy Martin - and she is such a nice lady!
And don't forget, all of you who are interested in the TBCI - it actually has "i-magazines" on its website, so you can read it on-line ( www.teddybeartimes.com)
huggies
Maria

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I sub to Teddy Bear and Friends and Teddy Bear Review... I usually get Teddy Bear Scene but my subscription ran out and I didn't get it again.. but I should because it is a really great mag... we use to get a few more at the Book store here.. but they don't seem to get them in anymore bear_sad
Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm a TB&F and TBR subscriber.  I've also got subs to TBCI and TBS but those were gifts and are quite pricey so I probably won't renew. bear_sad 

I think LuluBears stocks individual issues of the Aussie magazines in her bear shop.  She's an advertiser here.  Click thru to her via her banner in the VENDORS area; you can get to VENDORS via the button in the masthead, next to the TT logo.

Enough abbreviations for you all in this post???

bear_tongue

Stellajella Wien

My first, and for a long time only connection to the teddy bear world was TEDDY& Co., a german bear magazin, which I found in an Austrian newspaper shop.
Last year I subscribed to Teddy Bear & Friends and a few days agao to Australian Bear Creations.
Guess, this should be enough;)

Gaby bear_flower

Board footer