Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Melissa!
Your work is out standing and don't you stop making bears!  We all can not be picked and it is the luck of the draw....he is a winner in my books... in fact I think everyone is a winner..besides no one knows what the judges may like from year to year. Keep up the good work. Look at what you have done last year and having your bears in the paper and a showing to boot.  No more crying ...pull up your socks and smile as tomorrow is a new day. bear_original  bear_original  bear_original   bear_wub

zemeski Posts: 434
Lhearn wrote:

Melissa!
Your work is out standing and don't you stop making bears!  We all can not be picked and it is the luck of the draw....he is a winner in my books... in fact I think everyone is a winner..besides no one knows what the judges may like from year to year. Keep up the good work. Look at what you have done last year and having your bears in the paper and a showing to boot.  No more crying ...pull up your socks and smile as tomorrow is a new day. bear_original  bear_original  bear_original   :love:

Lynn -
I'm not giving up making my bears. I couldn't stop doing something that brings me such joy in doing!! I'm alright!! It was just the first feeling of disappointment of finding out like so many others probably felt a little sad. As a matter of fact I spent all weekend painting and buying more work tables, shelves, and storage for my work room. I now have all my teddy bear supplies in one room instead of throughout the house. Okay, except when I'm not sleeping at night and working in bed watching TV. BAD HABIT!! LOL!!

Thanks for the sweet comments!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Melissa! Benson is outstanding! Hon who knows how these things come about but I adore your work! You are an artist for people like me to aspire to!

hugs Louise

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Benson is fabulous Melissa, as are all your bears.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Melissa
well I entered the toby awards for the first time :dance:
I know how you must feel as I was a little bit gutted.  However my good friend Laraine from Rainebears got a nomination and I am very excited for her
Maybe next year I will try again
I thought your bear was great :clap:

Hugs

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

wow, he's incredible. I can't believe he didn't get one. Makes me scared to enter because that bear is fabulous.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I'm completely baffled as to why Benson didn't get nominated - he is tryly AMAZING!!!

I am truly in love with this guy!  bear_wub

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Benson is amazing Melissa and i'm not just saying it!  you're a talented, talented artist, and to all the other talented artists who missed out, hugest hugs!!!  keep on keeping on  bear_thumb

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

He's incredible! My bears are so simple, and imperfect......I dont even enter. I like my folky bears, and so do my collectors! So dont fret........he'll sell QUICKLy! Pam

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Melissa !!! Don't ever give up . That bear is wonderful !!! Even great bears like yours don't win every year. Please enter again !!!

Last year I enterred what I still think is one of my best and he did not win either , so I know the feeling. Chin up !!!

zemeski Posts: 434

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments. I've been so busy today and haven't thought anymore about it. This was my first Toby entry and my second Golden Teddy entry. I will try again next year but may enter more than one??? I love Benson and probably will keep him for myself. Besides its time for me to keep one of my bears. I don't own any of my own work and he would be hard to part with.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Melissa,
don't you dare beat yourself up for not getting a nomination...you are an outstanding bear artist..in fact I have to say that you are one of my very favourite bearmakers..whenever I need a little cheering up, I just go to your website and  look at all your fabulous creations...they're amazing all with such character, I just love them. Your time will come, and there can be no doubting that!!

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

Benson is absolutely fantastic!!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_grin I wouldn't be letting go of him either ~ he's gorgeous!!!  bear_wub   And I just love the pose you put him in...perfect for picking him up for a quick cuddle.  bear_wub

Indeed, who knows how they can pick so few out of all those entrants  bear_wacko   I know I couldn't do it, I couldn't judge these contests ~ no way!!! 

Give it your best shot, and try again when you feel ready.  I entered three bears a couple years back in both the TOBY and Golden Teds, but came nowhere....and very quickly learned that I had MUCH to learn about photography, let alone improving my bears.  Its given me heart, and I realize I'll enter again only when I'm good and ready  bear_happy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh well, Melissa, we all agree to say Benson is fantabulously cute! a real darling! YES IT IS!
I give him my hug award!

Just try again next year, honey! Don't give up!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Benson is awesome Melissa. I saw him on your website a while back and was so impressed. I think he is definitely a winner. Who can predict the tastes of the judges? I'm glad your feeling better and trying a gain next year! :hug:

Board footer