Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Absolutely beautiful!!! Well deserved nomination! I didn't seee this yesterday! Congratulations!

Stellajella Wien

Aleta, such a short and simple, and at the same time thrilling story!
Actually, last night I was wondering, if you might not have applied for the TOBY, the more it suprused me, to find your story today.
Your bear is soooo beautiful! bear_wub
CONGRATULATIONS!! !

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Good morning!  bear_flower
Bless you all for your wonderful notes.  It means the moon and stars to me.  Truly.

As Brenda can tell you, I was really hesitant to post about my nomination.  Why?  Because I know how it feels not to get a nod.  Remember, this is my third year entering and about a dozen bear entries later!!! 

It is a huge honor to be nominated and I'm still walking on air.  Here's the thing though.  I still had to clean the cat box this morning, do the dishes and make the bed.  I still have seven weeks of root grow out because I can't find a good hairdresser AND I ripped the belt loop off of my favorite jeans this morning! 
  bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

I'm still the gal with the most go 'rounds with the idiot stick......the gal that has trouble putting what people say in those framed boxes here on TT (so I end up re-typing what they said instead)....and the gal that enjoys a great Fuzzy Slipper night with her TT friends.  I'm still just Aleta - The Silly Bear.
bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Thank you again, so very much, for all your warm thoughts.

Biggest heartfelt hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aleta,
     Do you KNOW how hard it was for me to keep quiet about something like that!  :crackup:  :crackup:   I had to stay away from TT, because it was driving me nuts!
     I think your post does a wonderful job of explaining to everyone that we all feel the same about these awards - both the disappointment from not being nominated to the elation from receiving the phone call.   We should all keep trying as next year it will be someone elses' turn! 
      I am having a blast this year, celebrating everyone's well deserved nomination - I didn't get anything done yesterday afternoon LOL!  It's so exciting when it feels like I personally "know" all the nominees - what a fabulous lot of talent we have on this board and I am proud to be a part of it!

hugs,

Brenda

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Aleta, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.  I got all excited for you reading how you reacted.  I would be the same if I got the call.  It is such a joy to share everyones accomplishments with them.  We all can't be chosen, but we can all celebrate with those who did.   Enjoy every minute of this well deserved honor.  You know I just absolutely love your bears.   bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, Aleta . . . I'm sooooo pleased for you!  Your amazing work has been recognized and honored - yippee!!

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Hurray!!  :clap:  :clap:   I know someone famous!!
Congratulations!!! bear_original  bear_original

Joan

Portland, Oregon
Website

Dearest Joan,  bear_flower
Famous?   bear_shocked  Then why do I still have to clean the cat box?   :crackup:  :crackup:

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Is this the bear Aleta?? With Christe' Crocker's dolly?? Pam

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Pam,  bear_flower
Yes, it is!!  It was a collaboration piece.  I commissioned the doll made by Christine.  I've been collecting her work since.....oh, gosh....many years.  I asked her to make a doll for me and gave her free choice to make any kind/type doll she wished.  My only stipulation was the size.  When I received the doll I thought she had a slight Asian quality to her face so I designed a Panda specifically to be her companion.  I kept in the same 1880's time frame when choosing clothing and accessories to keep everything as authentic to the time as possible. 

I sent a note to Christine yesterday to let her know about the nomination.  She's absolutely delighted and will be posting a picture on her website soon.  You have a great eye for Christine's work!

Aleta

P.S.  For any inquiring minds out there......yes, this was stated as a collaboration piece with Christine Crocker.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ah, What a moving story Aleta. bear_innocent   I too have been on both sides and know the disappointment as well as bear-high.  So very very well put.  I am really happy for you :hug:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   ANd I hope you will never loose this feeling :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Beautiful! Good Luck!!! Pam(lucky you, I have only one dolly of Christe's.)...Pam

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Aleta, your creation is beautiful!! Your amazing work should honored !!! Congrats to you!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

150pix.jpg

Congratulations !!! Its a great bear !!!!!

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow, Aleta. What a beautiful bear. Congrats.  bear_laugh
Aeri

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Congratulations Aleta on a wonderful entry and story. Have you ever considered writing stories as this one sure drew you in!!!!
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Portland, Oregon
Website

Sincerely, thank you all for your kindness.  By now most of you know I pretty much wear my heart on my sleeve.  I write from my heart.  It's my way of saying, "This is who I am and this is how I feel.  I'm human."

Aleta

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Aleta thanks for giving that insiders insight on what happened as you got that exciting phonecall...Laughing at the idea of you prancing around all giddy, crying with joy  :crackup:  :hug:   I know what you mean!

:clap:  :clap: Congratulations!!! :clap:  :clap:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Aleta, you are so kind to share the whole story with us!
I almost felt like you when reading it!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub
Your bear is absolutely beautiful as well as the doll! Great work!

Congrats, Aleta, you well deserved it!
Hey, when you get very famous, don't let prices fly because I would not be able to add one of your bears in my bear hug! that would be a shame!  bear_tongue

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Portland, Oregon
Website

What is this silliness about being famous?  Girls!  I'm still the same person!!  I'm still the girl that twirls in her chair when she gets frustrated with design.  Do you know that I once twirled and twirled and twirled the chair completely off the base and fell onto the floor?!!!   
bear_shocked  bear_tongue

Just so everyone is clear on this.....I am not planning to raise the prices of my bears!!  I'm still going to use the same formula I have for the past three years.  However, I don't have any control past the reserve prices I set on eBay.  That rise is strictly dependant on those bidding.

Aleta

DebbieD Posts: 3,540
Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

Do you know that I once twirled and twirled and twirled the chair completely off the base and fell onto the floor?!!!   
bear_shocked  :P

....sooooo  nice to know I'm not alone with that stunt  bear_rolleyes  :crackup:

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Your reaction was so like mine!! Remember the big games and tournaments when Disney Land/World would get the cameras and mics right in the players' faces as they left the field or floor and they'd scream "We're going to Disney Land/World!!!"

With my first nomination, I was on the phone with Disneyworld reservations (the winners would be announced there) when DH came home after work. I yelled "We're going to Disneyworld!!"

The poor reservationist must've had a heart attack as it was about 30 very looong seconds before she talked to me again!

What Fun! Enjoy it, Gang!!

Board footer