Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

Hi,

My Heart goes out for those poor Victims, and my part of helping is, I am taking one Family into my Home til they get back on their Feet.

I donated Money to the 9/11 Victims, BUT,  the News came out that MOST of the Donation Money just dissapeared into alot of "scammers" pockets and the Victims never got a penny

Rita

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

How generous and thoughtful of you, Rita!!  I'm sure that family will be forever grateful!  I know some of the 9/11 money was a fraud, but if you donate through the Red Cross, Salvation Army, or some such organization, I think it will be spent in the right places.  Keep us updated on your experience.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh Rita how incredibly generous of you.  I only wish I was in the position to help in some way as well.  We will be making a donation but it just seems like it's not enough.

Good for you...I'll keep you and your "family" in my prayers.

Shantell

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

I hope it works out and there will not be too much "red tape" from preventing me to take in a Family.

I keep you all posted

Rita

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Rita, you deserve not just thanks and congratulations, but a medal.  What a generous heart.  I hope things go smoothly and you are able to help out as you hope without too much stress and hassle getting in the way of that very remarkable and worthy goal.

Hugs and support to you,

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Rita,

I was just thinking today that if we were closer to where the devestation from Katrina is and the victims are that we'd most definitely take in a family!

You are a true american... a hero... you will be to the family you take in!

Big hugs to you!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Rita, you are such generous person.  You have the hart of gold!
I turned the TV this morning and saw the more tragic....
I made a donation thru Salvation Army but that is not enough to
help even one person's life.....
I will pray for your family and for the Victims.
Hugs/Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh gee Rita, that is so lovely of you all!!!

Such terrible news, and situations, it's hard to believe it happened in the USA...

Danni

Deb Upstate New York

Rita ~

I'm sure you'll be blessed!

If and when any of you hear of a missions trip (so to speak) into NO, please let me know.  When help can get in, my 22 year old would like to go, but I've asked her to please stick to volunteering with the better known organizations.

Deb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Rita that is very warm and noble of you to take in a family.  How close to you live to the area that was hit?

Any amount of help. no matter how small will help these people.   Our church will be taking a colletion on Sunday.  I feel confident the money will be directed to the right place.  I agree with Sue Ann, the Red Cross is always a safe bet.  %100 of all money is delivered.

WHat a tragedy.  It just goes to show how fragile life really is.

Keep them in your prayers too.  God listens.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Rita, that is very generous hope all works well.  Sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy, it is very hard for us to believe.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

How incredable Dear Rita;

Are you going to teach them bear making?  I bet you will.  It is so therapeutic and so many of us used bearing for healing.  Fantastic. 

What a wonderful atmosphere for a familty in need to heal.

My prayers will go out to you and your new family, when they arrive, for good healing, and the ability to come to a resolution with what has happened to them and through that into healing.

Hugs

Dilu

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm glad that you have done that Rita. I would love to take a family in, but being in Canada, it's just not going to happen. THank you for having a big heart.
Heather

Board footer