Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I am thinking of investing in a sewing machine that does embroidery too. I want one that I can use software to design my own patterns etc. It's a huge investment and I am looking at various options..any input..advice..positive/negative, likes /dislikes would be hugely appreciated. I am not going to just jump in and buy one but if anyone uses one they like or has experience I would love to hear about it...

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Jenny

I can recommend Janome, I have one that does everything, connects to my Laptop no problem at all so designing is a doddle.  Plus I purchased all the software for the pc.  All you need is a simple programme such as Paint to do your drawings in and save them as a Bitmap image.

Once you start there will be no holding you back.

Good luck with your research.
Jacqui bear_thumb

warwickshire uk
Website

Which one do you have Jacqui?..I have looked at these, I have a Janome for sewing the bears..just a basic one..I also looked at Husqvarna (expensive) and Bernina..I am not sure..it's a big chunk of dosh to shell out but I think it would be great to be able to design my own logos and things

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

I'm eavesdropping I'm afraid - been dreaming of this too (if I win the lottery)

Jacqui I was fine until you mentioned the word computer ................... :crackup:

There are some beautiful ones about - I'd be interested to hear the views of others as well (Hope you don't mind Jenny). bear_flower

warwickshire uk
Website

I agree Sandra..Now I'm all excited too!!!

Lynn Wisconsin

I love my Bernina!  I have it connected to my computer where I do all of my designing and then I send it to the sewing machine.  I'm sure most of the embroidery machines are very similar.
                                                                                                                                                                   Once you get started you will have alot of fun with it.

Good Luck
Lynn

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Jenny

I have Memorycraft, the latest one.  I must say what swayed me was they have offices in Bramhall, Cheshire, and if you have a problem it is so easy to sort out with an engineer, saying that I have not had to use one yet, but they will come out to you wherever you are in the UK.  The machine itself is great with easy to use touch display.  I am not that brilliant with machines, the sort of person who does not read the instruction manuel, just looks at the pictures, this machine shows you on its screen how to do everything.  I was also told by the Janome Rep to buy software off the internet  (be careful too many to look at), I stuck to buying Janome's own.  I also bought there own embroidery cottons, big mistake far to expensive, look on ebay for the good quality ones, they are amazingly cheap on there.  Sorry if I am a bit vague on the computer side of it, but I rely on Darren, he is a whizz on the computer and designing side, if you need any help on this side I am sure he will help.

If by any chance you have a John Lewis store nearby they are great as they have an instore demonstrator for each sewing machine,  who will sit down with you and go through everything even if you don't want to purchase at that time.  I had a great demo and even had a go myself before purchasing, because as you mentioned they are not cheap and you certainly don't want to make a mistake.

I say THUMBS UP FOR JAMONE.
Best wishws
Jacqui

warwickshire uk
Website

Do you have the 11000 or the 9700? I have looked at both....

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I have the Husqvarna #1+ (which is old now.. lol). I think the new ones are easier to use for the
embroidery, as far as programs go anyway.. mine is a pain in the buttola to program so I never
use it anymore.. lol.

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Jenny

9700 is the one, I was too impatient to wait for the 11000, I wanted something I could take home there and then not later on in the year.

Hugs
Jacqui

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks Jacqui ..that's food for thought!!!!

Board footer