Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Picture-5026.jpgPicture-5023.jpgPicture-5021.jpgPicture-5019.jpgI used to do a lot of sculpting in polymer clay and worked on fabric sculpted dolls. I feel a pull towards them both if I can only get enough time  bear_tongue  These are two angels I sculpted, both live with my sister. I made the one with the baby for a baby shower for her. I wonder if I should try my hand again or if they are just too amateurish to bother. These are not the best pictures but you get the idea  bear_grin

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

You should never waste the gifts you have........ bear_flower

That's my two pennoth for what its worth  bear_grin

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Hey Shari

if you enjoy sculpting you should definitely give it a go again.  Our first efforts on anything new or different usually seem a bit amateurish to us.  Where can you go but up?  And it does take some practece.. perhaps a lesson or two.  When I first attempted some sculpting I was pretty surprised to find out that "sculpting" was not what I thought at all.

Calgary, Alberta
Website

ooops... pressed "enter" and it got away before I was finished....how rude....lol

Anyway...I was going to also say, you could take a short online class.  They have them at DollStreet Dreamers site... also Joggles has some on occasion... and if you type in polymer clay or add sculpting to that...you will be blown away with all the stuff you can see...and even pick up a few freebie online tutorials.  Also have a look at the site...   http://www.studiowillich.com/StudioWillichDolls.htm    I love the stuff and they have a tutorial on hands and feet etc...         Also...each site you go to has links to others....

be prepared to sit at your computer for a while just gawking...lol

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I think they are great. I would make more for sure!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thank-you Sandra and Heather  bear_wub   bear_flower  Thank-you Veronica for the helpful information. I know it takes a lot of practice and time, these are an improvement on my first attempts bear_grin   bear_grin  I will definetly use those links when I get a chance.I want to have a peek at your website too  bear_original   bear_smile

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Veronica, I've just had a look at your site  bear_wub  Cloth doll making is another thing I want to get back to doing. I really love the painting and shading on Mertika's face. Did you learn that in an online class? I like to make Father Christmas's also and enjoyed looking at your first attempts. I will make time to check out your links, I can hardly wait, thank-you!!  :dance:   :hug:

Calgary, Alberta
Website

Hi Shari

Yep....I learned everything I know about colouring and making a face from my very first online class...which was the Echliln doll...the same pattern as Mertika... 'sept I gave her a tail and made her a bit different.  there was about 20 pages of information and I downloaded it.  I refer to it all the time still when I do a doll face.  There are also some great cloth doll books...and lots of classes online.  The Cloth Doll Connection is another site that offers classes on an ongoing basis.   Also if u are interested in cloth dolls.... just find any of the doll artists names..who sell pattern on those sites...and check out their classes that a lot of them offer.   I definitely think you should give it a go...

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Whimsical and Wonderful bear_thumb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Veronica, I'll be checking all those sites and  links and I do have some really good books, just need time to read and the ability to concentrate bear_shocked

Thanks Matilda bear_wub   bear_smile

Board footer