Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hello,

I'm hoping someone will know.........

I would like to make my own ebay template. How do I do this? can I just use photoshop and Dreamweaver to create the HTML and then upload to ebay? Is it that easy or am I missing something?

Thanks

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Heather,
Do you maintain your own website? If you do I'm sure you're familiar with uploading to your ftp. For your template all you have to do is create a page and call it your ebay template (I used one of my website pages, to keep it simple, and just replaced the images and text with my auction information). At first I just load the jpegs and text into my new auction page. When you're ready, upload your images to the ftp. When that's done you have to go back to your page html; change the jpeg images name to show their source i.e., instead of just the jpeg name you would add the source, where you've placed the image in your ftp -  http://www.your address/images/auction/jpeg name. Then you can just copy the whole page html and paste it into the ebay description box. This is with a MAC and the Adobe GoLive program but I know Dreamweaver is not that different.
Karen

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Heather
It IS just that easy. Just save it as HTML and then copy the html code into the description box on your listing
Sonya

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks Ladies, you're the best.

Yes Karen, I do maintain my site, thanks for typing all that for me.
I'm off to create something right now......

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Ooh.....I didn't know that was possible. :doh:  I've been using an auction template service site....and paying money for the privilege bear_ermm , but I do maintain my own website and have the software to do this.  I will have to give it a go as well!!  Wow....Heather I'm so glad you posted with this, and many thanks to Karen and Sonya for the wonderful explanations! :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

You guys are so smart. To read those directions it is like Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla !!!! Some day I will get all this stuff. I have come a long way in 2 years so maybe I will figure this computer thing out !!!

SOMEDAY

Kathleen Pa

I'm with Jodi!!!  You guys are technologically( is that a word or did I just make it up) amazing!!!!! lol

Kathleen

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

WOW - am I glad I'm not alone in not understanding ANY of that - I was feeling soooooo  stupid.  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:   sorry - 'computer challenged'!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer