Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

BearHugger Lichfield, Staffs, England

Hi everyone bear_flower ,

I am fairly new to teddy bear making, and I have only been here a few days bear_original .

This is my newest bear, ‘Titch’ he his made from 70mm pile cream and honey synthetic fabric, brown ultra suede, brown glass eyes, wood wool, poly-fibre, steel balls and 40mm nut and bolt joints. He is 26 inches standing, which he does not like doing bear_ermm , and 20inches when sitting.

This is my fifth bear and I must admit I still have a lot to learn. His head took me 3 goes to get right, then I had trouble embroidering his nose, had to restart 4 times on that, because the shape was wrong and then I ran out of thread bear_cry  (tip; never ever use the end of a thread you find in your sewing box, because like me you’ll run out and cry because it was the perfect colour and the perfect shape for your bear). Also, his joints are a bit loose, so I need to work on tightening them too. However, other than that I really love this bear bear_wub , he turned out just how I wanted him. Now I just have to find somewhere for him too sit, because where he was going to sit is too small for him bear_rolleyes .

Here is a picture :photo:  for you all to enjoy

P1010011.jpg

Edit to add photo, wouldn't come up first time.

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Uhm..... WOW!!       for a "newbie" you are going great guns.

What a great set of eyes and his expression is amazing.   Maybe I can see what you are saying about the nose ....it is a tiny bit off...... but really!!...with a bit of practice... you will be making some absolutely unbelievable bears!

How did you make his little toesies if I may ask?

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Welcome to TT, BearHugger (as I don't yet know your name)!!  You did a fab job for being a new bearmaker!  Don't worry, we all had those sort of troubles when we first got started making bears.  What's that old saying? Practice makes perfect!  And those toes are WONDERFUL!  You should have seen my first bear; it had far more 'problems' than yours... lol

Kimberly W

BearHugger Lichfield, Staffs, England

Veronica and Kimberly, thank you for you lovly comments :hug:

Veronica I have PM'd you about those toesies bear_original

Kimberly, my name is vikki

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome to Teddy talk Vikki.
Your bear is very cute - well done.

Hugs
Carolyn