Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

InSnow-3.JPGInSnow-7.JPGInSnow-9.JPGInSnow-8.JPG2-sweet-girlssm7.JPGInSnow-2.JPGHi all!  Well, we are in the midst of a blizzard here in Indiana, and I thought I'd share a few pics with you guys to let you all see what we've got going over here!  The pics don't really ever do snow depth justice, but I thought I'd throw in a pic of my girls in the yard in the summer so you can get an idea of how much snow has come dowm.  Also, our Bernese Mountain Dog, Frodo, is in some of the pics, and he's a 130 lb. dog, if that gives you anything to compare the snow to... lol

Kimberly W.

Hmmm, there seems to be a problem with the image upload thingy, so I had to do it different.

There are more pics down in the post of this morning after the snow finally stopped, too!
-K

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I think the pics are missing!

Jane

Ft. Bragg, NC

I think I got it figured out now! lol

Kimberly W.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Gezzzzzzzzzzzzz I feel for ya, we are getting more snow in Colorado, suppose to not be as bad as it was last time.
But I can tell ya, this Texas girl has seen enough snow!  bear_wacko

Stay warm.........

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hee hee, yeah I'm sure that you all in Colorado, not to mention those in upstate New York and other such places, are looking at this more like, "Eh, a bit of snow..." which I'm used to more snow than this too living in NH before here, but it has literally shut everything down here!  Even Wal-Mart shut down!!!!!!!!!  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked   bear_laugh

BUT my dog, kids and husband love it!  bear_tongue And I do too!

Kimberly W.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Looks the same here......urgh!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW!!! I'm gobsmacked!!!! I have never seen anything like it in the real. I have no understanding at all.
But boy I would hate for the heating to cut out. sshshshhsiiiivvvvereeerrr.............. bear_grin  bear_grin
I looks enough to make your teeth rattle.

Wendy bear_thumb

Stellajella Wien

*shiver* Kimberley,I hope all is well with you and your loved ones! This looks dreadfully scary to me!
...just hope that nobody with bear bottom ( spelle the other way*G*) is cought out in this mass of snow....

Guess I could say: Happy Snowshoveling Day to you! :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wowwwwww, keep safe and warm over there Kimberley :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Bad here also, Columbus Ohio ( Gahanna) every thing closed except for my job !!!! Kohls ( Retail) I can't believe any one would be out shopping today !!! BUT ....... they will !! All those husbands that for got Valentines Day !!! I am the jewelry supervisor AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

2521.gif

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Edit3.jpgEdit2.jpgEdit1.jpgHi Kimberly!!!!  It's now passing through the northern Ohio area where I am.... OH MY GOSH!  It's awful here too... but SO pretty!  My husband had to stay the night at his office last night, which was SO strange!  Everything is shut down here too.  Stay warm honey!!!  I'm trying to do the same!  The kids are just dying to get out there and play.  The wind chill is about -10 coming off the lake, so I think I am going to have to cover every inch of their skin, and restrict it to 15 minutes! 

Oh my Gosh!
Kim Basta

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, I bet your kids are lovin' it! It snowed all day yesterday where I'm at. I don't think we got as much as you did, but I haven't actually been outside yet so who knows! My daughter is dying to get out there and make a snowman.

Ft. Bragg, NC

FrodoSnowSm.jpgGabSnowSm.jpgGabSnowSm2.jpgFrodoSnowSm2.jpgBrynnSnowSm.jpgBrynnSnowSm2.jpgOhhhh yeah, the kids loved it!!  Gab, my older daughter is still out there, but Brynn has opted to come in for Hot Cocoa.  Here the high is 18 but it sure feels warmer!!! Weird.  But tomorrow the low is supposed to be -2 or something like that, which is nothing new here either.  We've had some REALLY cold temps, like wind chills in the negative teens.

Here are a few pics of the girls and Frodo out in the snow.  Rocky, our other dog only made quick appearances... he's getting old and doesn't like all this snow! lol

Kimberly W.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Great pictures, Kim!! We go some snow here in southern Ohio, but what has shut everything down here is all the ice. We had freezing rain and sleet all day yesterday and into the night.

It is so pretty but I am worried about the trees. We lost one which couldn't handle the weight.

Hey! I was going to put some pictures in but I don't see the "image upload" button.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

20070215_0008.JPG20070215_0017.JPG20070215_0003.JPG20070215_0022.JPGOk, here are some pics. I still miss that image upload button at the top of the post but let's see if this works...

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, what great pics, Kimberly! I finally made it outside today. We didn't get as much as you, but there's still plenty for my little one to play in. It's 17 degrees here right now, but it sure felt warmer when we were out. It's a beautifully sunny day, so that must be why it didn't feel so cold.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm on the east coast for a visit; in Gettysburg, PA right now, and it's about 23 degrees with who-knows-what wind chill but DANG it feels way colder than that, especially when you're out in it for 20 minutes touring a historic battlefield!  Everything is shut down here too; schools, downtown, all the museums.  The only things open are hotels, grocery stores, and the occasional restaurant.  Oh, and the movie theater near our hotel!  I love the beauty and stillness of it all but I've been waiting my whole life to see the east coast and all I'm seeing today is my hotel room.  It's not even the temps or the snow that's the problem but rather, the crust of ice on the roads.  Even if you're driving 5mph you just can't stop.  Scary!  We had a few hours today where it felt safe to venture out but we're back holed up at our Marriott for the rest of tonight.  Hopefully we'll be able to get to DC tomorrow.  Wish us luck!

For the rest of you buried under the snow in similar conditions, you have my empathy and my wishes for lots of polarfleece covered, hot cocoa sipping, fireplace moments this week!

Hugs!
Shel

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Shelli once you get to Washington, find the underground train, it keeps you out of the weather and it takes you everywhere, we found it on the 2nd to the last day of our trip there and really wished we had found it sooner, I didn't realize you were on vacation, I had went to your website, I didn't know you were doing so many other things, you are so multi talented, I had a couple questions, don't worry about messing with them while you are trying to vacation, have fun , stay warm and enjoy yourself!
Bear Hugs
Jodi

Ft. Bragg, NC

That ice is really beautiful... but I know it wreaks havoc on trees and powerlines!!  Too bad it just wasn't simply gorgeous to look at huh??  And what is it about those red berries covered in ice that's just super pretty?? lol

You all have posted some really nice pics in here; thanks! I love seeing what you all are going through too!  I'll tell you what, that blizzard yesterday gave me some really long dedicated hours to bear making! lol  And today the roads still aren't much better... So much for getting out!

Shelli, I looove DC!  I used to live a half hour away from DC, and loved visiting there. I hope you get to go!

Kimberly W.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Thats an impressive snow fall! You guys are so lucky...no matter how heavy the snow or how cold it is NOTHING ever closes here- no snow days all the years in school!
Looks like we are finally getting a break...it was -26C this morning and windy but its supposed to be +2C by tomorrow! Yay!

Cheryl bear_flower

Ft. Bragg, NC

OK, Cheryl I just got a cold chill and mumbled to myself "oh my goodness brrrrr," when you said what temp it was there.  Our -2 has NOTHING on that!!!  lol  I hope you are keeping warm!!!

I wonder here, on days like these that are bitterly cold for here, what the homeless do.  bear_sad  What do they do there in THAT kind of temperature???

Kimberly W.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton
BearBottoms wrote:

OK, Cheryl I just got a cold chill and mumbled to myself "oh my goodness brrrrr," when you said what temp it was there.  Our -2 has NOTHING on that!!!  lol  I hope you are keeping warm!!!

I wonder here, on days like these that are bitterly cold for here, what the homeless do.  bear_sad  What do they do there in THAT kind of temperature???

Kimberly W.

Protection for the homeless (and yes there are alot) is a big issue here. We have recently had a huge economic boom and housing prices and rent have skyrocketed. A lot of people have moved here in the last 2 years with no idea that its so expensive to get housing so it has left a lot of people out in the cold.
The city opens warming stations which are basically warehouse spaces that are heated but people can't sleep there. There are shelters (but just not enough) and patrols that give out blankets and hot drinks but sadly there are still deaths every year from the cold. It is a serious problem.

Your kids look like they're having a blast!

Cheryl bear_flower

Ft. Bragg, NC

We are not in as big of a city, so you don't hear much about the homeless until temps get like this or it's so unbelievably hot outside that there is a problem.  It really humbles a person and makes one appreciate that they have a nice warm home to go into, a car that has butt warmers (heated seats) and plenty of food. I have no idea what the homeless do around here; we have shelters, but I never hear if our city shelters are big enough to accomodate for days like these.

Yep, my kids are ready to go back out and finish their fort today!  bear_wacko  lol

Kimberly W.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Kim W, Kim B and Tami, amazing photos!!!  Oh to dream of seeing that in real life  bear_wub   Looks lovely, I love those photos of your little girl and dog Kim, and Tami, those berries look beautiful coated in ice  bear_innocent

Board footer