Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I am really fed up because I have just cancelled my table at Hugglets. I have had a flu thing for about two and a half weeks and it's just wiped me out and stopped me working to get my bears done in time. I have had to decide to cancel because I just feel that more harm than good would be done by turning up with a depleted collection of bears I am not 100% happy about ...

Now I feel really depressed!!!!!

puca bears puca bears

Oh Jenny - poor you.....no wonder you feel depressed.......but I'm sure you've made the right decision, no matter how hard. Sounds like you just need to take some time out and look after yourself...and Hugglets will come around again
huggies
Maria

Stellajella Wien

Jenny,oh,I´m so sorry! I´m a big fan of your extra sweet creations and I know how much it means to every well known teddy artist to be at Hugglets! I wish that your cold will disappear soon!
One thing that you can be sure of: this wave of cold and sneezing and feever will probably keep a lot of people from visiting Hugglets!
So you´re not alone.

Gaby bear_flower

warwickshire uk
Website

Every cloud has a silver lining..I just got offered a table in September.....one door closes and another one opens!!!! :dance:

Stellajella Wien

Wicked!
And in September you´re gonna be  all ok and you´l have the most smashingest bears you ever did! :dance:

So, for now: back to your echanicia and nose drops and coughing pills;)

Gaby bear_flower

warwickshire uk
Website

:crackup: ....And the tissues...let's not forget them..the most important thing in my life right now..a box of tissues!!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Jenny, I am so sorry !!!  bear_cry I'm sending alots of hugs to you !! hope your flu will go away soon.  :hug:  :hug: 
I am big fan of your bears and I never told any one but I keep all your photo at  Hugglets, that ones you posted at TT.  :redface:
I know many customer will get shock if they don't see you at the show BUT your self is more important !!!! please take a good rest now.
I know you will have left time to sell your bear at Other than Hugglets LATER and everyone who can't go there will have chance to
adapt it !!!!! am I helping you to make feel better ??? if not I am so sorry for my poor English.
I just hope you don't feel bad for not atending to the show. I just hope you will recover from your flu soon!!!

by the way, I'm having this terrible flu for 3days now and my fever is not going down.
I think I'm going to take day off at my day job and I know my boss will  going to yell at me but
I don't think I can get up in a morning....I just lost my voice now... bear_cry but Im taking medicine so I will be ok.   :doh:

Take care Jenny !!!
hugs
Marie

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone :hug:  :hug:  :hug: ...It's horrible having to face up to reality ..and I did think I could do it ..ie get enough bears together ....but it's much more damaging to take bears I am not quite happy with to such a prestigious fair than it is to admit defeat!!! I am not the type of person to do things by halves and if I am doing Hugglets ..then I am 'doing' Hugglets all guns blazing...not hiding, shame-faced,  behind 3 bears and an old stand from last year..which is what it would have meant!!

I am glad I cancelled now..I feel better just for easing the pressure.

Now at least I can work on the bears at my own pace and feel happy with them.

I can't wait for September now!!!!!!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, Jenny. I guess that must have been a tough decision, but I'm sure you did the right thing. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better about your decision.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Noooooo!  bear_cry  Oh what a shame Jenny. This flu thing that has been going around over here is just awful is'nt it? I had it last month and i am still getting over it. We need some prolonged cold weather to kill off all these nasty bugs.

I'm glad to hear that you have been offered another table in September Jenny - maybe i'll come and see you and the bears!

Get Well Soon  bear_wub

Penny  bear_tongue

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

How frustrating this must be, Jenny!
A chance you can go to next one in september.
That way, you will have more time to get ready and no doubt all your bears and friends will be outstanding.
I really love your critters and I bet i am far to be your only fan, he he he!

So cheer up and be sure t have enough tissues until you feel better.
Then, you can enjoy some chocolate!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks girls...you're all just the medicine I need...Penny..I haven't forgotten....nudge nudge , wink wink....

I'm just being a bit sloppy at the moment....

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Jenny ....... I think it is time for you to take a good rest.   

Sometimes our bodies..or Mother Nature.....or both.... give us a warning to make us take some down time....... please take note of what your body is trying to tell you.  There will be other Hugglets....

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Oh Jenny, so sorry to hear you're unwell and had to cancel.  I've been considering the same option myself today ... so was really surprised to read your message as it was a real coincidence!  With moving house, I've just not had the time to make enough bears for the show and I'm really tied up for the next few days ... so .... going to have to make final decision early next week.  Am really peed and stressed about it all today.  bear_sad

warwickshire uk
Website

Things just get on top of you don't they, Paula...I don't  usually crumble easily but this time I just can't do any more..I need a  break!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

How disappointing for you, Jenny; I'm sorry to hear you had to cancel.  I've been sick for weeks now, getting better, relapsing, improving, relapsing.  First time in forever I've been this sick (I used to tell people I had a "supernatural constitution" which kept me well when everyone else was felled by the flu!)  Anyway, my point is, I understand completely.

You can only do what you can do and when you're sick, that's not much, is it?  You really are better off taking care of you and coming back with a BANG in the fall!  And for sure, your bears will be no less darling or desirable then.

Feel better soon!!!!

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

aaww Jenny, what a shame bear_sad these winter bugs go on forever don't they, it won't do you much good pushing yourself if you are not up to it,  and like you say, there is no point going with not enough bears,  or worse, ones you are not happy with, onwards and upwards for Sept, you have the lovely British summer to recover....hhmmmm bear_grin

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jenny I am so sorry to hear that your not well and proberly the best thing to do cancelling Hugglets I hope your feeling much better soon :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Sorry to hear your not going to be there Jenny,was looking forward to meeting you and seeing your bears in the fur.Hope you feel better soon, I am panicking now as I am behind with what I wanted to get done bear_sad ten days to go !
hugs,
Louise x

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh poor you Jenny, I do hope that you feel better soon. Missing Hugglets is like missing Christmas. Just think though Jenny how many beautiful Three o'clock bears you can get ready for September. I'll miss you being there!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh Jenny, I'm so sad for you, so dissapointing for you  :hug:  :hug:  Hoping things will look much brighter later on in the year for the next show  bear_thumb   Get well soon!!

Paula and Ellen, I'm sorry you're both thinking about cancelling too  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Jenny, I'm sure you are heartbroken , but it sounds  you like you certainly made a wise decision.  Please take care, the bears will wait !

Paula, you too, get well soon.

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Oh Jenny...I'm so sorry your not going to be there.....I'll miss you!!

But your health comes first, sounds like you need a rest...and time to recover.

Take care of yourself....and see you there in September!!

Yvonne  bear_flower

Board footer