Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I've been waiting two years for this glorious news.  You may, or may not know, that a bear I designed for a Steiff competition awhile back won the Grand Prize.  Steiff has now made that design available in its 2007 Worldwide Collection.  The bear is named 'Cappuccino' and is 13" tall, EAN 001000.  I thought they did a really good job with the likeness.  My original design was named "Dallas" and was 17".  Here are the two bears.  This is Dallas.
DallasforTT_2.jpg

And this is Cappuccino.
Cappuccino_from_Toy_Shoppe.jpg

Cappuccino is available at The Toy Shoppe and, I presume, other Steiff dealers.  Thanks for looking.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I am so proud of you honey!  and glad you outed yourself!  You know how we get around here!  Everyone wanting to hear the good news.....  hugs amd kisses from all the gollies!

goodgollyhugsandniceynicegollyslobberkisses

dilu

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Woooo hooo SueAnn!!   :clap:  :dance:  That's awesome!!  I just took a peak at this happy fellow out on Toy Shoppe's site! 
Congratulations  bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh wow Sue Ann!!!!!!!  I'm SO happy for you, you must be totally over the moon.  Congratulations!!!!!  :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Sue Ann, I am so happy for you , I kept looking for it, I must say that I would be proud of myself if I were you , because even a wonderful bear company like Steiff can not capture the complete beauty of an original Sue Ann Holcomb. It is still a wonderful bear and I am soooooo Happy for you. What an honor.
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I have tried to get one of your Holly the Holiday bears for years but no one wants to part with theirs which I think says a lot for the bear and the artist. One day she will be mine!!!!!

Bear Hugs
Jodi

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

yahoo.gifHow very excited you must be! I hope you do something really wonderful for yourself to
mark the occasion! You totally deserve ityahoo.gif
Cheryl bear_flower

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sue Ann,
     I am thrilled to bits for you!  You totally deserve this wonderful honor - I'm only sorry you had to wait sooooo long for it to come.  You must be beaming from ear to ear and deservedly so.  You really must to something special to treat yourself!

hugs,

Brenda

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sueann I am very very proud of you. It is a brilliant achievement. I applaud you and am giving big  :hug: !! bear_thumb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm proud as well and am so impressed with the great likeness Steiff managed with this mass produced bear.  Wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL!  You must be so thrilled to think of how many homes this great design will visit.  Yay, you!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Congratulations Sue Ann and just imagine you will live forever in posterity with this bear!!!!
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

:hug: That is wonderful news Sue Ann!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Congrats big time!!!!! :hug:

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

That's fantastic SueAnn - congratulations, you must be thrilled!

Jane P.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is wonderful SueAnn, you must be feeling so proud! -  Congratulations on an adorable bear.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

teddylinks Teddy Links

This is wonderful news, huge congratulations SueAnn! bear_laugh bear_thumb  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Look at that! How incredibly exciting to finally see Steiff's version!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Congratulations, Sue Ann!
What an honor!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thank you so much to all of you for your support and good wishes for this occasion.  You can't imagine how much I appreciate your being glad with and for me.  Yes, I'm XTREMELY pleased with Steiff's interpretation of Dallas.  They said from the beginning that it might not be a close match - that they might make a few modifications.  But, I like the end result.  Thank you, Thank you, my TT friends . . . you really ROCK!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi SueAnn, I am so happy for you and I know how proud you must be.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  Steiff did an amazing job of getting the bear to look like Dallas.

Hugs,

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Dallas looks wonderful as a Stieff! Congratulations Sue Ann
Sonya

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

WOW! how exciting for you :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  You must be thrilled, congratulations! bear_thumb

Hugs,
AndreaM bear_original

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

What an honor, Sue Ann.  A great big congratulations.

Mark Mark's Bears
Albuquerque, NM

Great news Sue Ann!  I wish you well with your continued bear artistry.

Happy bear trails,

Mark

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Congratulations Sue Ann!!!!!!!   I had been thinking about him lately too!  He turned out great!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is wonderful, Sue Ann!!!!!! Congratulations, I am thrilled for you! Both bears are gorgeous!!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Firstly congrats,
bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
and secondly where did you find out about this comp, is it something that Steiff so on an annual basis or what ?

Lynette

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

That is WONDERFUL news!!! I am so happy for you - must be such a thrilled to finally see him in the fur!

THey did a great job
I'm so proud of you  :hug:
Danni

Board footer