Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Thanks so much for the pattern. It being Labour Day - I laboured all weekend and finished him. I was trying for a girl but ended up with a boy...as usual. I have a lot of trouble making girl bears. Anyway, I'm pleased with him. At 13" he's much larger than I've been making for the past few years. Again, thanks,
Marion.

Brockville, Ontario

OK....here are the photos!
grnbears2.jpg
grnbear.jpg

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Awwwwwwwwwwww!! He's so cute! What a lovely colour he is. His nose is a great colour too1 What is his name?

Jane

Brockville, Ontario

I'm ashamed to admit that he's presently nameless. I'm not sure where his permanent home will be so I'll probably let his adoptive parents name him. I suspect he'll be living in Calgary so he'll probably have a cowboy name.

Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WOW, Marion . . . you did one great job with that bear, my friend, and he's so TOTALLY different looking from my original!!  bear_laugh bear_laugh  Which proves - once again - that the final look of a bear depends on who is making it.  Way to go, kiddo, and thanks so much for sharing!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Marion - you are a green gal!  that is three green bears for you so far bear_original  what cuties, they would be perfect for St. Patty's!

Brockville, Ontario

I didn't realize I had a green theme going until I looked again at some of my photos! other than the usual bear colours - I've been making a lot of green bears and rabbits. Not sure why...I didn't think green was my favourite colour.

Marion

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I think the facial sculpting is really terrific on this one, and the fur is unusual in a good way.  Is it synthetic? The little nubs on his face make me think "mohair", but the color and the density and straightness look like NOT mohair.  ???

Brockville, Ontario

Definitely mohair h/e a straight, dense mohair. I also moussed the top of the head to make it stand up. This is one of the fat quarters I bought from my friend...instead of $55 I paid $27.50. I'd coveted that particular piece for awhile but just cdn't bring myself to pay $55! I think I may shave the top of the gusset and just keep the nubs on the side - what do you think?

Marion

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Marion,
                  He's lovely ,youve made a real good job of him. I bet your pleased he turned out so nice. Heres to your next one.
                              Hugs Rita xx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Just to prove the point that everybody already knows is true, this is the pattern Marion used for her green bear!

Lovie.jpg

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Marion,

What a wonderful bear- I am presuming the pale green was the pattern in question. 

What a lovely color, so pale and yet the great nose just perks it up.  Also I love the positioning of the ears. 
Whimsical- so cute.

You have done such a wonderful job, I am impressed.

Dilu

PS  Just looked at Sue Anns picture, what a differance each artist makes with the same pattern.  Sue Ann's bears are wonderful, your bear is wonderful but so very different.  Great job ladies

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Marion! what a beautiful green color bear !!
You did a great job on the face sculpting and
I love his cute green nose too♪ :D
Thanks for sharing.

Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

wow, stunning bears!! AMAZING!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Awsome job marion. I just love your bears. The faces are soo sweet.  You do the noses very well.
I also like the green and brown bear in the 1st picture. Cool color combo!!
PS, that IS some awsome mohair!! So soft looking
Heather

Board footer