Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Hi I would like to show you some of my visitors that came today.
233600117.jpg
The Sulpher Crested Cockatoo being very friendly.. note the fishing line that he is standing on ... it is meant to put the birds off coming on to the deck. I don't they know what it' s for bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh
233601708.jpg
A few more came to say hello to our cocketiels...
233600981.jpg
Here we have a mother and baby King parrot (green and red) and a Crimson Rosella (blue and red)
233600340.jpg
This is one that was taken a few years ago. My grandson feeding the Rainbow Lorrikeet. We had some in today but couldn't get a good photo.
233600293.jpg
This is my grandaugheter feeding the Lorrikeets. We have had up to 40 of these birds in our back yard at the one time. The one that my grandson is feeding only had one eye, I called him One - eyed Jack and he came in for years bringing his partner and babies...

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Wow Patsy - your pictures are fabulous!  My cats would have heart attacks with birds like that at the window LOL!.

hugs,

Brenda

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Great piccies Patsy, we do have some pretty Australian Birds...

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

How lucky to have those lovely birds in your garden.  I wouldn't want to work, just be looking out all day!!

Warm wishes
Pauline

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Patsy how fantastic to have such awesome birds flying around and visiting your home. Your grandchildren look wonderful, what beautiful children. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Patsy, that is the thing I just LOVE about Oz!! My most memorable times there were when I was in the Dandenongs just watching the sulphur crested cockies flying from one tree to another and then the Kookaburras laughing first thing in the morning.

Your photos are amazing and it looks beautiful where you live......guess who I'll be coming to visit next time I'm in Oz??!  bear_whistle

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Those are wonderful I don't know what I would do to have birds that beautiful in my backyard! wow

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

What amazing pictures and beautiful birds. I thought the first one must have been a pet. I just can't imagine so many beautiful free birds in one spot. I think I want to live in your back yard.

puca bears puca bears

Wow, Patsy - I think I'd be another one who would get NO work done - just sit watching all the birds, all day long. We never had so many birds in our garden, when I lived in Perth - something to do with the cats???? Even so - the Galahs will always be my favourites - they seem to be natural clowns, and I'm sure they have a well-developed sense of humour (or is it devilment?!).
Right now we have greenfinches feeding - usually a sign of an impending cold snap.....
huggies
Maria

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Patsy: You lucky dog you....What wonderful birds to have in your back yard. I want them, I want them...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very beautiful birds, Patsy . . . thanks much for posting!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

WOWIE ZOWIE !!! Those birds are beautiful. I could only see those in a pet store here !! And you can enjoy them in your back yard. Im jealous !!! bear_grin

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Wonderful pictures Patsy! What a treat to see such gorgeous birds in your own back yard!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Oh My, what awesome photos! I can't imagine having those flying around! lol.
We have an Amazon parrot as a pet and have only seen birds like those in
stores.. it must be quite the sight to have them flying around and coming to
visit bear_original
Just a odd question though....... do they destroy things? heehee.. Asking this
because I've seen the things our parrot has done when he has decided to get
off his cage and go for a walk.. lol.

Huuugs!!
Melanie

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Beautiful Patsy  bear_wub  bear_wub Your grandkiddies are cuties  bear_innocent

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

thank you for sharing your beautiful bird visitors with us Patsy.
Your grandchildren are adorable and you must be so proud of them.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Melanie yes the Cockatoo's can be very destructive which is a pity because I love them to come in to the garden. But when they start chewing on things I have to stop putting feed out for them. There are a few of us that feed the birds so they have someone else to go.

puca bears puca bears

Not exactly destructive, but I just have to pass on a story of a Close Encounter with a Galah - it happened years back, in the dark ages, before I discovered contact lenses......anyway , we were at a dinner party with friends who had a pet Galah......after we'd more or less finished eating, the bird was let loose....he happily wandered round the dinner table, scoffing grapes, and finally came face to face with me....and had an absolute ball, scribbling, with his VERY sticky beak, all over the lenses of my glasses!!! This, I have to add , was much less painful than his "trick"- he would cuddle up on your shoulder and then proceed to carefully pull hairs out of the back of your neck...OUCH!
huggies
Maria

Board footer