Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I arrived at ‘The Hugglets Winterbearfest ‘ in Kensington, London nice and early to join the queue, which by the time the show opened went right out of the town hall grounds and along the road as far as you could see. One heck of a big queue of excited teddy bear lovers! Once the show opened people rushed to find their favourite artists tables. The show was throbbing with people eager to spend money on all the beautiful creations, which get better each show. Paula (All Bear) was there with her beautiful big bears and as usual Paula hid from my camera.   bear_grin  Yvonne, another one that likes to hide,  bear_grin  had some gorgeous Bebbin Bears for sale. Her son Tom was, unlike Yvonne, happy to pose for me, thanks Tom! At one-thirty Gemma, Vicky, Laurie, Chloe and I met up in the lobby for a natter. It was great meeting up with them and their beautiful children. Quite a few Teddy- Talkers were exhibiting so I hope I have taken pictures of all of their tables. Sorry if I missed anyone! The show was a high quality show that I could ramble on about for far longer than I think you all would wish to read about so here’s some pictures for you all to enjoy.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

GlennJackman.jpgAllBearPaula.jpgPaula2.jpgBarabaraAnn.jpgBearCollection2.jpgBears3.jpg

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

BearsbySueQuin.jpgBearsUponSoar.jpgBebbinBears.jpgBebbinBears2.jpgChloe.jpgChristinePike.jpg

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

ChristinePike2.jpgDomiBar.jpgFourTeddyTalkers.jpgJacqlynBears.jpgJCWBears.jpg

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

JCWBears2.jpgJoAnnBears.jpgKelly2.jpgKellyDean3.jpgKellyDean4.jpg

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

KerrenMorris.jpgKMBears.jpgLittleBloomers.jpgMajasBears.jpgPennbeary.jpgPipkinsBears.jpgRunningBearCompany.jpgSamanthaPotter.jpgThreadTeds.jpg

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

ValdorfBears.jpgWeeScone.jpgZena-Arts.jpg

I hope you have all enjoyed the pictures. Now I'm going to sit down and relax, I'm exhausted.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Great pictures Jane bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb ....thanks for sharing!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Jane, you've done a great job with that camera!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

wonderful photos, wonderful bears  bear_smile

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Thank You so much Jane for the pics - really appreciated.  bear_flower

Congratulations everybody................... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

WHAT A GREAAAAAAAAAAAT DAY!!!!!
It was lovely to meet you all!!!!
Thanks Jane for the lovely pictures!!!
I hope you like my pose guys I have been practicing for weeks. :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Hey Mel ,I was thinking the same thing. Shame were not 10 years younger. :crackup:  :crackup:

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE STAR! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

ITS NOT FAIR.... I WANT TO MEET EVERYONE... THATS IT NEXT HUGGLETS IM THERE!!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

I hope you like my pose guys I have been practicing for weeks.

Chloe you crack me up.  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  Great meeting you yesterday.

Melanie and Chloe I think you should start up a 'Tom' fan club. He is a great guy...do you think we've got him blushing yet?

Hugs Jane.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

thanks for the pics Jane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:

Lynette

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Jane your a star!!!!  bear_flower What a great job you and that camera have done!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Melanie and Chloe......well I am biased of course..... but I have to say, I have had a few offers for him!!!

One of the collectors, kept pointing to what I thought was a bear at the back of the stand...saying "I want

that one" so of course I handed her the bear....but she meant Tom...much to his embarrassment!!

Yes....Jane he is blushing  :redface:

Hugs,

Yvonne  :hug:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Great piccies Jane!

I must say that Tom certainly is dishy! I thought Eric was a bit of a hunk too (some of you will know who I mean!).

Hey, see the Christine Pike picture (last picture on the 2nd post)?? See the undressed panda in the front with the red collar and white bells?

HE'S MINE!!!

. I am soooooo over the moon with him! I didn't get to have a good look at him at the show, you know when you just keep turning them and studying them? But I did it when I got home and all I can tell you is that Christine's bears are pure perfection.

I loved every minute of the show!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Thanks so much for posting so many lovely photos!!!!   bear_wub  bear_smile  bear_wub  I almosr feel that I was there!   bear_cry  bear_wub  bear_smile

Kim Basta

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Thank you for sharing your pictures. I've never been to a show and it looks like great fun. Tom is quite handsome; bet he will break some hearts before he settles down.

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Jane, the piccies are terrific and just to see, as well as the bears, the way different artists set up the tables...  super job..

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow!  So many beautiful, beautiful bears.  Jane, you're such a rock star for taking photos to share with all of us; THANK YOU!!!! 

I'm super tickled to read that so many of you had successful shows.  I'll have to find a way to fit Hugglets into my life one of these years.  Is it always held in February?

Bravo to all for a gorgeous job (bearmaking, display, reporting) well done.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a fantastic show!  Jane, thanks so much for reporting and taking all the pics . . . you rock, lady!!  Wonderful work from everybody and I'm so glad it was a success for all you TTers!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Thanks for letting us have a peek at the show through your photos Jane - that was really great.  You did a wonderful job!

Jane P.

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

For Shelli and anyone else thinking of exhibiting;
Hugglets is held twice a year, in February and in September (both great months for reasonable airfares!!).  It is handily located in the centre of London, at Kensington Town Hall and there is a tube (subway) station right across the road, so you don't need to hire a car.  It is one of THE best artist bear shows around - anywhere - and draws exhibitors from all over the world.  If you are interested, I suggest you contact Irene or Glenn Jackman asap because it gets booked up quickly and there is a waiting list.  Their e-mail is: info@hugglets.co.uk
Tell them you saw details on Teddy Talk!! bear_grin  bear_grin
Bear hugs,
Chris

Board footer