Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Hi Everyone

After my last post a few have Pm'd and emailed me about needlefelting jewellery. I do make jewellery, in my spare time,  bear_grin and when I saw this book on needlefelting jewellery I thought I'd have some fun .......in more of my spare time bear_grin  bear_grin

I don't want to break any copyright laws so I've only done the cover of the book and one project to give you an idea of what it's all about.
cover.jpg

page_1.jpg

page_2.jpg

Project_2.jpg

And truthfully I am having fun with this and because of the extra friction caused by rubbing on the felted jewellery it's a great way to hone and refine your skills. As I have found the least little shortcut and the needlefelted jewellery looks terrible after one day.  I look at it a go .....well image if that was a bear face and someone touched it for a while.......yuk my bear would look terrible in a few years.

So I have really learnt so much more about needlefelting and using the different needlea to advantage in the last few weeks since playing with this. Maybe a good trainng ground for all is to make a few beads and carry them around in your pocket and see how they wear......then you'll know just how good your finish really is!!!   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Very Neat stuff Sandra...thanks.. I know a lady who does interesting jewelry with metal & wool...I met her just over a year ago & she was doing wet felting for her work & I taught her about needle felting...here is a link to some of her work:http://www.kristinlora.com/jewelry.php?c=felt

Hugs &

Board footer