Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

My Face Book from Teddy Bear and Friends has finally arrived and It's amazing!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  Mindy and her staff did an absolutely fantastic job!!! I had submitted a bear and was very excited to see her in print but when I looked, she was not there  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry I knew I must have done something wrong in the submission and cursed my lack of computer savvy. :redface:  I went back and looked at the form I had submitted but couldn't see what I had done wrong until I noticed the date for submission cut off. I had sent it in early on Saturday morning, Dec.2 and it was due on December first. I am just heartbroken over my own stupidity.  bear_cry   bear_cry
  The Face Book is incredible and everyone's submissions look so wonderful  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub  This should be a lesson I won't soon forget, if Mindy ever does anything like this again, I'll be sure to have my act together. :redface: I bet noone else in the world was foolish enough to miss this incredible opportunity :doh:

ylc Y Daydream? Designs
Spotsylvania, VA

That must be heartbreaking. I am so sorry.

I was a little disappointed too as my name was spelled wrong.

All and all I thought it was a great idea. I hope they do it again in the future.

I loved the college of all the bears. I think that they should make it into a poster.

Yvette

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I'm sorry that happened!  :hug:  You will be in there next year!  bear_thumb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Yvette and Tami, I still can't believe I missed out on this  bear_sad  Maybe I'll be smarter next year  bear_rolleyes I can still show it to everyone I know and tell them about all the wonderful artists I know from TT  bear_smile

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Awe Shari, how disappointing for you.  :hug:  Well, if it's any consolation we all love you and your work , which stands out and gets noticed.  Maybe you could take out an ad with a really nice cloe-up of your best bears face....with a  caption that it was missed in the Face Book.   bear_thumb

I know of another prominent artist who was not in it either.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Sorry to hear you were just a little late.  I'm not good at dates as well but I tried to get mine in early.  I have missed out on other things by missing the date and I won't do that again - I'm hoping!!!

I haven't received my copy yet so I hope it arrives soon.

Jane

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm with you, I was just too lazy and by the time I thought about it, it was too late, so I'm not there either......

Next year, you and I can be the 1st ones to submit!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Such a shame for you Shari! 

I thought the Face book was great ... I just got mine yesterday.  I was so surprised to see some of our most established British names missing though ... I wonder why they didn't submit?  Janet Clark, Gregory Gyllenship to name just two of the more obvious ones ... these are the guys who have paved the way for everyone else here in the UK and overseas, so I was expecting to see them featured too.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aw, Shari, I'm so sorry.  There have been a few missed deadlines in my life, too, and I know the feeling.  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  You'll get another opportunity - sometime, somewhere - and you can make it up.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Shari,
     I feel so bad for you, the worst part was to have to wait and then realize you weren't in there, I was late in getting a submission in by a day and wasn't in the magazine but I knew right away I was too late so when the magazine came out I was over the disapointment.   
     I thought this was a really great idea and TB&F did a wonderful service for us bearmakers, I hope they do it again and Shari if I was a betting woman I would bet if they do, you will be the first to get the info in and what a great way to have this feature start out , with pictures of your beautiful bear.

Oh I don't mean to sound like a broken record or anything but I too think the collage of bears would be a great poster, I would love to have it framed.

Bear Hugs
Jodi

Yvette if this helps, my grandma on my dad's side never spelled my name right, I was forever Jodie instead of Jodi.

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

I'm sorry for you!

I wonder, I would really like to buy myelf a copy of the issue with the face book. Does anyone know where I can find it??

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh I hate that that happened !!!! Some times we just don't get our act together.Good lesson for all of us !!! Its hard to do every thing though !! There will be another wonderful project I am sure !!

Jodi Falk

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I just got my copy yesterday. Fortunately I didn't miss that deadline, unlike so many others that have passed me by.  Hopefully there will be another chance next year.

Marion

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Shari, I am so sorry..  bear_sad  *big comfort pats*  Am certain there will be more opportunities in the future, and like Judi suggested, an ad really helps get your name out there and am sure your bears would really make an impact!

..in regards to getting a copy of the magazine, I called TB&F and ordered two copies of it from them...unfortunately, the two copies that arrived at my door were of a figure skating magazine!! Have just notified 'em of it and Cory is going to resend the correct magazines out to me straightaway...am very anxious to see!!

Amelia

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi Shari,

I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you. Maybe the will do it again.  The Face book has certainly generated enough chatter.  Wouldn't it be fun if it could generate into a larger coffee table type book?
Amy

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I'm sorry, Shari, but I know how you feel.  bear_sad I put off sending in mine and then we lost our power for 8 days and I had no computer access. When it finally came back on it was too late. I could just kick myself for not taking care of it sooner. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll do it again.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh no Shari!!!!!!  I am so sad to hear this.....I haven't even seen it yet.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh Shari I feel for you, what bad luck.
For the aussies, I recieved mine on Monday, so you should get yours very soon.
It truelly is FANTASTIC!!!!
Mindi, you really Wowwed us  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Yes it truly is wonderful bear_wub  bear_wub
Thank-you all for your kind words and to others that missed getting in the face book as well, big hugs of comfort and support  :hug:
To all that are in the Face Book and to Mindy and staff , well done,what a wonderful accomplishment and honor!! :clap:   :clap:  bear_smile

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Having missed a few important deadlines in my day I can so empathise with your dissappointment. I am truly sorry you missed the deadline too-it is such a great compendium of bears and bear artists.....

I am hoping mindy will feel inclined to do another in 2 or 3 years, because there will be so many new artists.....perhaps then.......

Your bears are delightful-next time you will not only get your submission in on time but be so much more computer savy and talented!

gollyhugs
dilu

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

Hi Shari,

Sorry to hear you missed it.  I thought the face book looked great.  What a great advertising tool.
I met the deadline, however i completed the wrong form.  I was sent the one for advertising, so in my blonde head i assumed this was part of the face book and that you had to pay to be part of it as well.... oh well... maybe i'll get it right the next time around.
Then we can fill up the Canadian section. bear_grin

c

Board footer