Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Not sure where this goes- Powers in the know please move

Just got my notification- for those wanting to enter into this prestige comp getting sewing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEADLINE IS 30th JUNE 2007
5 categories- and here Undressed bears are that- No ribbons, No Bows -NO NOTHING

5 bears are nominated in each category and REMEMBER NOMINATED BEARS ARE REQUIRED TO BE SENT TO THE TITA OFFICE AT YOUR EXPENSE- they are returned to you at their expense.

Nominated bears will be exhibited at the Japan Teddy Bear Festival in October 2007- maybe some of you can start saving up to visit the SHOW as well. Lots of time to start saving.

ENTRY FEE: First Bear JPY 8000.(approx US$65.00) Additional Bear JPY 6000.

Competition is limited for individual artists making less than 1000 bears annually.

For forms please contact :
Ms Machiko Ozaki TITA Project Manager, email : magazine@teddybear.co.jp

Mr Audie F Sision
JTB Advisior/International Coordinator
email:afsatba@yahoo.co.uk

or anyone can contact me and I will put you in contact with the right person.

What I like about this comp, is that no only are the bears judged by pictures , the actual bear is also sent in- to me this is the right way. Today ,especially now that I am busy with the photography course with Nancy Tillberg, you can learn so much about "How to take a good shot of your bear" so at the end of the day are you a good photgrapher or a good bear maker ?
Please dont jump on my head- I appreciate that winners in other competitions DO deserve their nominations etc- as we are aware of the standard of their work- and we know that many of their bears have fetched high prices when for sale- which speaks for themselves.

Maybe in a comp where only photos are called for, they should get a snippet of the mohair sent in that the bear is made from aswell- that would give a good indication of the quality of the picture as often I have had a bear made from a stunning fabric only to look horrid in a picture or vice versa.

Lynette

Winkle Bears Winkle Bears
Brisbane

Hi lynette

why are the entry fees so expensive? ($65 = approx R520?)
per bear
or am i just reading this entirely wrong? bear_ermm

Is there a limit to the number of bears you may enter?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lynette, I really appreciate the posts you've made lately about these awesome international competitions which are sometimes hard to understand or even find information about, even online.  You're so appreciated!

bear_flower

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton
Winkle Bears wrote:

Hi lynette

why are the entry fees so expensive? ($65 = approx R520?)
per bear

Hi Christine
I'm not Lynette but maybe I can answer this.
I think this is a pretty standard entry fee for "A list" competitions. There are many expenses involved in putting together a big comp. plus it keeps people from flooding contests with entries. A higher entry fee means that you are serious about entering and will only enter what you think is your best.

I think this is why but what do other people think?

Cheryl bear_flower

PS thanks for the info Lynette!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Christine,
Yip Christine that is what you are going to pay.
You can enter one bear per category.

Christine- are you going to Hobby-X- if so I am at stand D45- thats why I have not been around- only decided on Friday morning that I would go, was able to get a stand, so since then I have been packing and packing, not taking bears , just bear making materials and needle felting materials.

Normal people book in advance, prepare in advance- people with nuts in their head, like living stressed out , and do things at the last minute, and then next week I go to Japan :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Lynette

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Lynette,

You may be stressed out, but you are surely cute about it.  Thank you for posting the information.  For all we know next years big winner is one of the Talkers!, who might not have heard about it without your posting.

Winkle Bears Winkle Bears
Brisbane

Thanks all

i am still new to the competition game and only entered so far into one in RSA. So i am not used to the entry fees.

i understand that one will only enter their best. makes semse. Just a pity that as this point i do do have the funds to do so and with have to wait before i can entre such 'A-Class' comps.

But reading what you have said... i think it is right to have the appropriate fees. Will just have to save.
Thanks guys.

Lynette.... see you at Hobby X on Saturday morning.
(didn't know you could still get a stand one week in advance.....)  :doh:

Board footer