Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I am starting to work on a design for a mini bear and was just wondering if anyone uses darts in their patterns or not when they are so mini?  I'd like to get a nice rounded look to the tummies..

THANKS
HUGS
Catherine

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Hi Catherine,

I never added darts on any of my mini body patterns until one I made for my neighbour at Christmas. I just added a small dart at the bottom of each side of the body, but not on the top. It did give a nice round shape. Here's a picture to show you how it turned out....

cookie_001website.jpg

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:hug:   Hi Catherine! 

I use lots of darts on my patterns.  I almost always use darts at the top and bottom of my body pieces... it gives the extra fullness and shape that traditional four piece body has without the extra pieces!

Kim Basta

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

This seated Cubblet is about 1.75" tall. His body (w/o the 3 pc head) is 4 pieces; on the back 2 pieces there are 4 tiny darts across the bottom seam - on each side - 8 total. All 4 legs are in just those 4 pieces.
The front pieces have 2 darts on each side/bottom seam edge. That's how I got a really nice pooched out bottom/seat for him.
He's really hard to turn so when I created a kit out of him, I increased the size to about 2.5" seated.

Cubblet.jpg

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Catherine I also use darts on my patterns. Top and bottom. I like the full rounded body shape.
Wendy bear_thumb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

yep, I'm a darter too  bear_tongue

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

darts are our friend.

Marion

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Okay now I am going to have to dart!!!  bear_tongue

Australia

oh my, I'm so laughing as I read down this post  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Dart away ladies! 

Kim Basta

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Looks like darts it is then  bear_tongue   Now I finally finished my two Easter bunnies I can focus on trying a mini - wish me luck!
hugs
catherine
x

Australia
Dilu Posts: 8,574

Absolutely dart, darts and easing stitches--how else can we get the roundness we want?  So dart away, dart about, shoot darts, throw darts but when you sew them take tiny stitches and back stitch at the end so they don't unravel on you.....

hugs
dilu

Board footer