Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

I have been having problems with my shoulders and arms for some time now. Thinking it was a pulled muscle from the gym it has been getting progressively worse and the pain in unbelieveable I can't use my right arm much at all. Moving it in a backward motion (pulling up pants or putting bra on ) is impossible. Xrays and Ultrasound show that I have swelling in the Bursea and a rotacuff injury. This last few days I have now got pain in my legs and back and have been for blood tests to rule out Polymyalgia. Please send prayers and good vibes that it isn't this.  I haven't been able to do any sewing or housework and I can tell you I am feeling very sorry for myself just now.  I was back at the Dr's today and the test show that it is Polymalgia which is being treated with Prednsone. They don't know what cause's this and it is mainly in women. It could take 2 5 or 10yrs to get it out of your system or some do have it for life. The medication can make it managable in time. Living with pain is not something new to me I have lived with cronic back pain for over 20yrs and I have been able to manage that pain for many years now and I am going to beat this as well.  I thank you all for your prayers and support, it really does make a heart lighter to know that I have so much love and friendship with me...

sarahjane Brisbane

Patsy I am so sorry to hear this I hope it isn't anything serious....I am sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way....and hugs until you feel better  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Thinking of you!!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Patsy I am so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. You have every right to feel sorry for yourself. Just take it easy and let others help you whilst you are in so much pain. The housework can wait and there's plenty of time for bears later.  Take care my friend, I pray that you will soon feel much better.
Sending you BIG SQUISHY HEALING HUGS.

Hugs Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Oh Patsy
POOR you! I really HOPE it isn't anything too serious, and as already has been said - the b.... housework can WAIT!!! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way, and lots of bear hugs...
I'll keep everything crossed for a positive outcome

huggies
Maria bear_flower

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

I'm so sorry to hear that get better soon. Denise :hug:

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Dear Patsy, my thoughts and positve vibes are flying their way to you, I do hope it is not serious  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower

Catherine
xx

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh Patsy, I am so sorry to hear your not doing too well.
My prayers are with you sweetie  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:
:hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Patsy, I'm very sorry to hear that,sending  :hug:  :hug:  hugs of comfort,support and healing.I know how it feels to suffer with pain and started a new medication a few months ago which has really made a huge difference. I also think that doing yoga at least 5 days a week has been very benificial to managing my pain. bear_original Hope you get well soon and have pain free days ahead  bear_flower   bear_wub  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Patsy I'm so sorry this is getting worse bear_sad  Take care of yourself..hugest squishy cyber hugs to help you feel happier  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Hope the doctor will give you some pain relief...

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Patsy, lots of hugs and best wishes that your pain goes away soon... bear_wub

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hi Patsy, I am sending my prayers, hope your tests come out ok.  You are allowed to feel sorry for yourself.  Take care.

Warm wishes
Pauline

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Patsy,
     I's so sorry you are in so much pain - it must be so frustrating.  Get lots of rest, and pamper yourself and hopefully you'll find out soon what's causing the problems.  Sending warm thoughts and big hugs!

hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Very sorry to hear about your pain and I'm sure it is very scary when you don't really know what's causing it. Be positive if you can and know that many are thinking of you and sending good thoughts. :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm thinking of you, Patsy, and hope your tests come back okay.  Pain isn't fun at all!  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hugs to you Patsy xxx

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Man, it's so not fun or good to be hurting, Patsy.  I'm so sorry to hear you're having a hard time of it.  All the healing thoughts I can spare, coming your way! 

bear_flower

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Healing thoughts,  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  and :hug:  :hug:  :hug: .

Wishing you health and lots of warm hugs,
Aleta

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

What are they going to do about it??? Is the Rotorcuff torn???
I'll be praying for quick healing!!!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, Patsy. I hope they can figure out what the problem is soon and fix you all up again. Sending lots of hugs and good vibes your way.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Patsy,

So very sorry to hear that you have not been well and I hope that the tests come back fine.
Sending my prayers and good wishes that you will be feeling better soon.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Patsy-I too had been suffering the same pain in my right arm and shoulder since November-even on my trip to Florida for 5 weeks.Couldn't dress -nearly faint trying to do up my bra,couldn't comb or curl the back of my hair.Tried Ibuprophen, Alleve, Tylenol-you name it!!Couldn't sleep, knit or make bears.I figured it was from overuse of the arm.I went to my Doctor finally and he gave me a shot of cortisone in the jointwhere my arm joins the shoulder.Instant relief!!He told me to get Glucosamine and take 3x per day.I have not had a twinge of pain in 3 weeks and can do up my bra in record time.(Do you suppose that's important bear_grin )Anyway I feel terrific and wish I'd gone in sooner.Maybe you could check with your Doctor about this???I will pray for your recovery because I truly know what it feels like. :pray: Sincerely Jane D.

beary_clairey Luton

Sending Big Healing hugs

Claire

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OH Patsy!!! I am sooo sorry :hug: 
I am sending GOOD VIBES your way. Unfortunately they will have to hitch aride with the sunshine vibes. Cause they are the only ones working for me at the moment.
I'm praying the condition is'nt degenerative and is fixable with rest. :hug:  :hug:
Wendy bear_thumb

puca bears puca bears

Hi Patsy - really sorry to hear that it's polymyalgia (?spelling)....I hope the medication helps. Seems like an awful lot of us have back, arm, neck or whatever troubles and when the "cure" is to give up sewing, we learn to live with the pain - even so - it is NO fun.....
I do hope things start to improve for you, and I'm still sending positive thoughts
and big huggies
Maria

Board footer