Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

How long have the Banners been showing between posts?? They look great and I think it makes you more aware of them. Quy I am sure takes credit for this he is a genius with his work.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've noticed them and to be honest I worry that in time they'll be taking over the board! And because so many of us are used to them NOT being there before the last post we think that we've reached the end of the thread when we get to the banner and don't even see the last post. (I've been talking to some other TTers about it!)

It's not that we can't adapt to change. Loads of fantastic changes have happened to TT in the last 2 years!!!!!! But I don't want to feel like I'm going to a site that's going to be full of advertisements. No, I don't have a banner advertisement but I can honestly say that even if I did I'd still feel the same way. I come here to share with fellow bear artists... I can go to a magazine or an onloine e-zine if I want to be see ads. I'm not saying TT is over run with them yet but is this a sign of things to come???

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I think Quy's just "trying on" a new way to display the banners here.  He's always trying to give advertisers maximum exposure without compromising the functioning of the site.  I think software tweaks like this sometimes require a real-time, temporary change in the site for "preview" purposes< to get an accurate feel of how things will look when rolled out.   

If there's going to be an permanent change to the site in this or any other area, it will be announced officially like we always do, to keep readers informed.

Thanks for your input!!

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I noticed banners midway thru topics yesterday...and I almost missed the posts below...and scratched my head..and this morning, for a while the list at the botton of the page of who is on line & birthdays & shows, were all left justified... so it was a long list bear_rolleyes Guess it's been Quy Play Day :crackup:

Hugs &

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Now have you ever met a computer wizz who will not leave things alone, I am not a wizzz and boy oh boy I would have Bill Gates, QUY, turning bald/grey/pink if they saw what I could do with some of the pc programs-

I cant leave things alone, I have to experiment on the PC, normally to my pc technician glee, as then he has to come "fix" the mess up.

Lynette

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Well as Shelli said sometimes the only way to test something is to put it through a live test,  I guess I wasn't paying attention cause I didn't even notice   bear_grin .   

big hugs

Shane

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

It doesn't bother me and I like the idea of giving advertisers maximum exposure.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Looking good with the few extra banner placements!  Still in balance with the rest of the site, not overwhelming. Thanks Quy and those behind the scenes who always keep things flowing while promoting the artists here!!  bear_flower 

:hug:
~Chrissi

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, I'm pleased to see them out of the middle of threads!  bear_original
Leave it to me to be the only one with guts to say when she doesn't like something that everyone else thinks is looking good! bear_tongue

Board footer