Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

eyes-close-up.JPGall-eyes.JPGHey guys, Just had to share this with someone who could appreciate it.
I just got these in the mail today. I bought them off some guy on ebay for $15.00 canadian. I guess he found them at an estate sale and had no idea what they were. He called them googlie eyes. LOL They are pure glass and very well made. The smallest size is about 4 or 5mm and up from there. I'm sooo excited to use them, although it's like getting a really nice candle, you hate to burn it, and I hate to waste these on any bear that isn't super cute.
Any of you guys know anything about these??I wonder if they're vintage or not.
Thanks for looking,
Heather

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Wow Heather! What a lucky find! What kind of backing do they have? Are they on wires? I don't know anything about them but I sure like the look of them. Good for you, it is always nice to get a good deal!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Heather, good buddy, great pal. I'm drooling - what great eyes. How many did you get and what sizes? They look like they have wires to loop, right?

Hugs,
Marion

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Heather, WOW!! You're lucky girl!!

How come I never across such a wonderful guys offering ANYTHING for such small price p020.gifI always pay too much..
Maybe I'm not good enough??:(
Heather, you are Must to show bears with this wonderful eyes!!

Hugs, Julia

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I would love to join in the congratulations on your great find, but in honesty, all those eyes staring out at me with their whites exposed and no lids are kinda creeping me out...

Laughing here, bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

wow, lucky duck!  I need to fall into eyes like that!  LOL

ellen ontario, canada

the wires are usually how you can tell if they are old.  do they look old/vintage/warn?
they might be taxidermy eyes.
congrats on the bargoooon!!
bear_original

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Gee, what a great way to make friends (Marion) LOL
Terrie, they do have a wire backing, so they should be easy to use.
Julia, I promise to show any bears I make with these eyes, if I can get the courage to use them!!
Shelli, you're too funny. You're right though, they do just scream out of lids. I figure these eyes are perfect to try using eye lids with. I think they would look strange without lids really. Wish me luck trying your technique for lids, or maybe I'll felt lids on, we'll see.
Ellen, the wires don't look worn, they are very strong and sturdy, So maybe they're not vintage, but they sure are cool!
You guys are so cute, thanks for sharing my excitment. My guys friends somehow just don't appreciate them LOL :D
Heather

Board footer