Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

nandesign Posts: 361

1st-Dolly-2007.jpg1st-Bunny-2007.jpg1st-Bear-2007.jpgHi Everyone:

Here are a few little projects I will be teaching this week and in the coming months. The bear & bunny boxes are pincushions. Enjoy!
Hugs, Nancy

PS...I know the bear is dark...not the best photos...but you get the idea!

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Nancy i just love the bunny  bear_wub the pincushions are such a great idea  bear_thumb

Hugs
Vicki

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Very nice projects. Where do you teach?

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Holy cow, will you come east and teach those projects.  You can stay with me for free  bear_grin   They are beautiful and that bunny is the cutest thing ever.  Very nice projects- lucky students to have you as a teacher.   bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I absolutely adore the rabbit. But all of them are truely wonderful :dance:

Thank-you so much Vicki...I love pinchushions...I have been making various styles with dolls, etc., for a couple of years now.

Thank-you Tami...I teach at various places...this week, I will be teaching at a quilting store. A quilt the owner made is on the cover of a special interest mag. called Quilt Sampler...March issue...The store was chosen as one of the 20 best shops in the US/Canada. The store is Addies Quilt Shop.
I have also been asked to teach at "Wild Fibres" at Red Deer College, Alberta. That is a North American Conference in June...I am one of 31 teachers from US/Canada...the teachers are primarily weavers and spinners with a few extra fibre arts, such as felting thrown in to the mix. I don't know if you are familiar with Pat Sparks from Oregon...her work is amazing and she will be there...I am very excited to meet some of my collegues in the fibre world.

Thank-you so much Tammy...I would love to come to Nova Scotia. I have a wonderful cookbook from there when my sister visited several years ago. I decided I needed a new bunny in the house...I will be making another pincushion with a mohair bunny which I will put in the gallery. I am hoping to have a website completed here in the next couple of weeks.

Thank-you so much Wendy...I had a lot of fun doing the rabbit...

I really appreciate having friends on this forum...you are all so encouraging. I hope you all know that I admire your work, even if I don't get on long enough to reply to everyone. Thank-you again.

Hugs, Nancy

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

They are wonderful Nancy!  I'd love to come to your classes too, will you pay for my air fair from Oz  bear_tongue   
I love the bear pincushion the best  bear_wub

Thank-you so much for your kind words...I wish I could pay for your fair...will you pay for mine?...I would love to visit Australia!

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Very cute! The bunny is my favorite!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

http://www.peak.org/~spark/spark.html

I just went off to have a look at Pat Spark's work. Then I realised that someone had the other year brought this artist to our attention.   Her work is just truely wonderful and awe inspiring. No wonder you are such a fan Nancy.
Wendy bear_thumb
                                      A MUST SEE FOR ALL FELTERS :dance:

Thank-you so much Heather. I had fun making that bunny.

Wendy...hopefully, Pat's post conference class will go...she will be teaching the flower inlay technique...it is a 3 day workshop. I would just love to take it, but I have to get back home after the weekend conference.

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nancy, these are wonderful!  I especially love the prim Raggedy and her accoutrements.   bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
nandesign wrote:

Thank-you so much for your kind words...I wish I could pay for your fair...will you pay for mine?...I would love to visit Australia!

Hugs, Nancy :rose:

Oh that would be lovely wouldn't it! At least our bears get to travel for us  bear_tongue

Hi Shelli:

Thank-you so much...it isn't the greatest pic...and the glue was still drying beneath her feet...the glitter looks better when it is dry...I had to rush her off to a store for a class I will be teaching in July...anyway...I just love prim...I have a couple of other cool projects I am working on for the conference in June....one in particular has a prim element...will post a pic when it is complete.

Congratulations to you and your association with Boyds...a huge committment. I wish you much success.

Thank-you again for the encouragement!
Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

Board footer