Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Have you ever had someone you did not know do something nice for you?  Have you ever had someone you know do something nice with no strings attached?  Jenn

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I see it happen every day on TT  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Someone helping someone else out,  bear_thumb
taking someone in hand and showing how to stretch themselves.  bear_thumb
Prayers for people who are having dificult times.  :pray:
And hugs when were feeling down  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Yep, and there is just no feeling like it to be both a recipient or giver of a random act.  That's what life is all about.

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I agree, I have never met a nicer bunch of people than teddy bear artists, especially those on TT. It amazes me to see everyday the tips, techniques, prayers, praise, support, fabric, I'm sure I've left something out, that is provided. And when the recipient shows how a these things have helped, the giver is then rewarded for their kindness.

Hugs,

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I can't tell you how many times it has happened, and especially here, at TT.....

and isn't it nice....and then we get to pass along the favor to someone else.....

thats just as fun!

gollyhugs

dilu

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I was stuck 2 hours from home with my brother and my best friend about ten years ago and no one had gas money when we ran out of gas.  It was late at night and I had paid for a weekend trip.  Some one noticed the three of us talking a young man handed me money for gas and was gone before I could thank him.

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

well, of course all the awesome encouragement and help on this site are certainly acts of kindness!

when i was in college i decided for fun to make little pieces of art (collage type items), then wandered the dorms meeting people. i met two really nice girls that were roomates and chose them to be the random recipients of my little artworks. so later when they were gone i left one on their door, and did so for the entire school year. always whenever they weren't there, and i never told them i was the one doing it. years later i told a good friend of mine about what i did that year, and turns out she knew those girls too, and said they loved the random acts of art that happened to their door. she was also amazed to find out it had been me.

i tend to do randomly nice things when i can, and often am met with suspicion in the real world today. like people think i want something in return, and i really don't! but i am happy, since i totally believe that we get what we put out into the world.  bear_wub

teddylinks Teddy Links

I'm another person who does random acts of kindness and I agree that it is often treated with suspicion. I'm a firm believer in karma and believe that you will get back what you put into life. bear_original  bear_wub

Steven

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

I have to agree, TT is a group of Kindness!!! So many people on here have helped me!

I like to try what I can, If I see someone at the bus station looking in there purse but don't seem to have any money, I offer to pay there fare. Or If I pay for a carpark all day, when I leave, I always offer my ticket to someone else (That's a bit naughty I know!) I walked a girl home when she vomited on the bus, She looked really ill and so I explained to her parents. Just random little things, Doing it makes me smile.

Richy~

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Yup!  I believe in it totally, not only does it make other people feel good, but it makes you feel good  bear_grin  Makes life happier and more positive for everyone.
I see it here on TT all the time and it really is so heartwarming.  It takes a few seconds to post a nice note, even to people we don't know very well, but that small act means so much to someone in distress or need.  :hug:  :hug:  I love the people here for the unconditional kindness they show  :hug:

Board footer