Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya one and all.
Just to let you know that I am going into hospital to have my long awaited operation on Tuesday 13th September. I had the pre-op tests done on Wednesday and all was well so I will be making a very early start to get to the hospital for 7.30am for my operation the same morning. I expect I will have one heck of a lot of reading of messages to do when I finally get back to my computer. my kids are freaking out at the thought of my op...I thought it supposed to be me that freaks out but I am staying calm for their sakes.

Jane.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh Jane,it must be a relief to finally be getting rid of the "demon organ" Very best to you and your family.We will miss you!! I wish I could do one of those great cards that I just saw you do on Louise's  post but since I'm hopeless,please know the thought is there.Hmmmm...maybe you could pick out a nice one and post it to you in my name....:lol:.:lol:.:lol:

Hugs and be well,Shari.

Deb Upstate New York

Jane ~

I wish you the very best and will be thinking of you.  Any chance hospital has a website?  (The hospital my mom is in has a website, with a link to create a greeting. They arrive at a station, are printed and delivered to patient.)  Wouldn't they flip when you got 100 cards or more in a day!

Deb

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Jane, all the best to you my deary and we'll all look forward to 'chatting' when you get back home.

Hugs,
Catheirne

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'll be sending good thoughts your way Jane!!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Very best wishes, Jane. It will be nice to have it all behind you. We will be looking forward to hearing from you when you get back home.
Take care of yourself!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Untitled---2.jpgJane, you're very strong. Generous, kind and great lady. I wish you the very best and soon hope to enjoy your post right here.

HUGS, Julia.

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Jane, you will certainly be added to my prayer list and your children too.

I know this must be very traumatic for them.  My mother had a lung operation when I was just a wee one and it scared me to death...so I will certainly keep them in my prayers as well.

I feel certain everthing will be fine, with todays technology...it is amazing how much can be done.

Yes, please let us know if we can send e-cards to the hospital...with that many cards coming in, they would know you are truly 'special' to an awful lot of people and they BETTER treat you right! :D

We will miss you and look forward to your speedy recovery/return!

Hugs and blessings,
Nanc.......

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Jane, I wish you all the best on Tuesday.  Relax and put your faith in the hands of the doctors and God.  I'll be thinking about you and your family.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Good luck Jane. Hope your kids are OK about it. Make sure you rest when you come out. I've heard they have to tie you to the chair to stop you working and bearmaking! All the best, Mandy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Hope you have a speedy recovery... you might go through withdrawal from no teddy talk!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Jane

Thank goodness, Halleluia! it's about time! Yippppeeeeeeed! :D:D:D

I am so very very glad you are getting your operation- you have suffered enough for ten people with really naughty gallbladders! :/

Thank God the British Medical System is coming through, hurrrraayyyy!!!

Now- down to the nitty gritty- is it going to be done endoscopically?

( 2-5 1" slits in abdomen, blow you up with gas and snip it out kind of thing) 

noseynurses want to know bear_tongue:P:P

I will keep you in my prayers, my dear Jane, and all the gollies will too! (they can be somewhat recalcitrant, so I'll make sure they say their prayers.)  I am truly so very happy that you will not have to go through such horrible pain anymore.  My very best wishes to you.  :):):)

Bless you, stay calm, and no fat eating :lol:

Dilu bear_tongue

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Jane, I'll be thinking about you on the 13th...best of wishes...lots of  prayers...and most of all enormous bear hugs coming your way.

Shantell

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I have spent lots of time in the hospital (my daughter has Cystic Fibrosis)...this may sound silly to you but it really works...I made a sign that said Please remember to wash your hands! And I taped it to the head of her bed. I had nurses thank me for the reminder sign because they really do forget (and the hospital is the most unhealthy place that you could possibly be...you don't want to come out with any extra bacteria...it happened to my daughter).

Best Wishes
Kathy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jane, no surgery is fun surgery, but despite the worry and inevitable pain (hopefully, well managed), it's a routine operation and you WILL be just fine... said just to reassure you and your kids.  Even with a total blockage and serious jaundice, plus pancreatitis which developed acutely as a complication prior to surgery, my dad -- in his sixties, after a very serious bypass/endarterectomy surgery some years prior -- sailed right through the gallbladder removal thing with flying colors.  The worst part is the hospital gown; or so he said at the time.

I'll be thinking very healing, warm thoughts for you and yours on the 13th.

Warm hugs,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My best wishes for successful surgery and a rapid recovery, Jane!!  bear_laugh bear_laugh  I know you must be so relieved that finally you will be rid of this horrible source of pain in your life.  Will be thinking of you next week and be pleased when you are able to rejoin us on Teddy Talk!  Take care, my friend, and big hugs!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Dear Jane, I send you all my best wishes and lots of hugs.
AmitiƩs,
Marion

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Hi Jane,
I hope all goes well with the op I will be thinking about you.
Take care big hugs Kerren.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'll be sending LOTS of good energy your way, hope to see you back here soon
Heather

clare14 Country Bears
England

Jane,

I really hope you'll feel better soon, I'll miss you here loads!!   Take good care of yourself:)

All my hugs and best wishes

xxxx

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Jane,
                     Just to send my very best wishes to you and hope all goes well with your op on Tuesday. I'll be thinking of you. Hugs Rita xx

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Jane,

You'll be in my prayers.  I hope you feel better soon. 

Take care,
Chrissie

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

Jane, you will be in my prayers also and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Rita

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Jane,

Wishing you all the very best for your operation. We will all be thinking of you and hoping
for a very speedy recovery and that you will soon be back with us on Teddy Talk.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Jane, I know you must be terribly nervous, but I am sure everything will go A OKAY!

Best of luck, and we will keep you in our thoughts and look forward to your return!

Danni

Board footer