Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

hee-hee!!!

It's here!  It's here!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

LOVE the mohair!!!   LOVE the eyes!!!

SCARED TO CUT INTO IT!  bear_shocked

I'm probably gonna just stare at it for a couple of days...  OR dive into it in the next few minutes!   bear_grin

puca bears puca bears

Yeeaaahh - good for you!!! And DON'T be scared of cutting into it - ooohhh - I can feel your excitement.
Go for it - and have HUGE fun!!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
huggies
Maria

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, enjoy.  It's sooooo easy to work with.  You've just received the best gift ever!  bear_original  I still get excited when mohair arrives at my door...

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Ohhh I know just the feeling. Have lots of fun.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

After looking at it and feeling it and looking at it...

I'm not scared any more.  It is the ultra-sparse curly-matted, so I shouldn't have a problem cutting.  I'm thinking if I can cut that extra dense plush that I used for my "yeti" without a problem, I should be able to slide those scissors in correctly for this.   bear_whistle

Just cross your fingers for my pattern!!!  I miscalculated the joint kit I bought... I wanted my first mohair to be as perfect in size as I could and was wanting an 8" bear first.  Instead of buying at the hardware store, I got a kit to make sure everything was the right size.

I bought a kit for a 12" bear!!  I'm an idiot.  bear_wacko   Don't know what I was thinking. 

SOO... I enlarged my pattern, and as I was cutting (on card-stock, not the mohair!!).... as I was cutting, I made A LOT of "tweaks"!!  I even changed my 4-piece body to a 2-piece body, since I'm more comfortable with it.

Those couple of bears I made to test this pattern were sorta not needed.  Oh well, they're cute.   bear_grin

Here I go!  Off to cut.   bear_shocked

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Hooray the mohair is here :dance: It is great when you have some lovely new mohair to try and just think when you have finished using the mohair and made your bear you will be able to order some more :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Make sure we see some pictures of the end result :photo:
Laurie :hug:

teeeej Brisbane

I love getting mohair in the mail too!!! I also love that I can go down to the teddy bear store here in Brisbane and stroll through the isles looking at the mohair. I love picking it up and feeling how nice it is. bear_thumb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh you are too cute!  Yes I have been having an affair with Dave from UPS for many years now....come to think of it so has my hubby.... :crackup: He brings so much fun into the house....

Aren't you clever changing things to fit your joints!  I wouldn't have thought of that, or actually I would have, but seeing an opportunity for another order and  I would have taken advantage of such an auspicious opportunity and reordered....gotta build up your supplies, ya know.....

don't know how long it takes you but we are all waiting for pictures....bet they will be wonderful!

gollyhugs'
dilu

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Funny, I thought this was going to be about the UPS guy being cute. Then I was going to add that the manager at our Post Office was a cutie and going after hours was a bummer.  bear_whistle Oh well, sorry for the hijack!

Kathleen Pa

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the fresh scent of a new mohair shipment.  Life doesn't get any sweeter than that! bear_wub

Kathleen

Board footer