Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

I've finished his feet.  They are alittle different than I've made before, not much, just a little.

I've finished his arms.  Completely joined, stuffed and closed...

I finished the head.  Had a little trouble with my first glass eyes, but he looks great.... even plucked the muzzle!!   bear_tongue

SOOO... I go to connect the head to the body.  THIS STUPID COTTER PIN WON'T TURN!!!! I must need to work out or something.  I've tried and tried.  This cotter pin could hold a bridge up it's so strong. 

I'm so close to finishing him, except his clothes and this thing is making me madder and madder and madder...

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

sorry... I feel better now.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Can we see it and help you get excited?

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

my goodness!!!   I got it!!  I guess all it took was a rant!!   bear_grin  bear_grin

only 5 minutes after I ranted, I got that feller to turn and I'm excited again.

my camera is packed up 'cuz I'm going out of town this weekend, I'm already late leaving... I had to finish that head!  Jennifer, I'll post a pic as soon as I get it out!!

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Sometimes it just needs a walk away...a cuppa tea or something different to see or think about...then go back to it later ...and voila!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I hope you have a cotter pin turner, if you don't invest in one cause some of those cotter pins can be pretty tough to turn especially when you get into the larger size ones.  Pliers sometimes just don't do it, (ok it will but it takes a a lot and the number of times I have almost goughed my eye out when they slip  bear_grin )

Can't wait to see how it turned out.

big hugs

Shane

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website
thebearguys wrote:

I hope you have a cotter pin turner...

umm... nope.

thought my father did, but he didn't.  I had worked on that thing for what seemed like hours before I posted that rant.  then poof!!  it turned!   bear_grin

I talked to the little feller about having his picture taken, he's being shy 'cuz his legs and back are "exposed"...  :crackup:   I have to go get some weighing material before I close him up.  He's standing on his own though!!!  Shane, aren't you one of the ones who told me to get those joints as tight as possible to make my guys stand?  Well, using a nut and bolt joint REALLY tight on the legs seems to have done the trick!

Actually, my camera is still packed... I'll snap a shot soon, when he's not looking, so that he won't be embarassed about being "exposed" and nekkid.  I have a really cute idea for his outfit... one I've been thinking of doing for years.  My first mohair bear might as well be the one for it!!

bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Good for you Ann!

Yes, nut and bolt are a sure fire way to help the little dicken's stand.  I usually use the ratchet and ratchet down as tight as I can and then back off 2 ratchet turns...

Don't forget, there really aren't any hard fast rules, if it works for you......it works for you!

Really looking forward to your work.

How did you like actually like working with the mohair?

dilu

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

ok... here's a quick pic of "Jim", my FIRST mohair bear!!  I'm gonna post him over in the showcase, too.  He's waiting on a special accessory and a few more clothes before I put him up for sale.

quikpic-jim.jpg

Hope ya'll like him!!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Jim is adorable !!! Just look at that nose !! , very good, isn't mohair easier to work with ? Now you won't go back !!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Now wasnt that worth all that trouble Ann?  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :dance:

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Ooohhhh!!!  What a lovely face!!! bear_smile
You've certainly done a great job with him - what a character!!!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

OMG! Im in love! bear_wub

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

he's being shy 'cuz his legs and back are "exposed"..

LOL - I've made only one full-sized bear - in a Dianne Gard class years ago, just to experience what the rest of you go through - and its name is 'The One & Only'.   Never again!!!
Diane takes a photo of all students & their creations: he's around here somewhere, still needing one arm to be jointed more firmly than some Tpins holding it in place - and his back seam to be closed!!!

Board footer