Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

so, this month must be pick on Ann Month.

my 14 yr old daughter lives with her dad...

he just called me...

she pierced her nose...

and not the dainty cool piercing on the top or side...

SHE PIERCED THE CARTILLIAGE IN BETWEEN HER NOSTRALS!!!  LIKE A BULL!!!!

i need a big hug

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awww...... <smiling a little bit>... I can almost FEEL your anguish, poor mommy.  Kids torture us in ways no one else can, don't they?  And don't get me started on how ex-es torture us!

You've got all the hugs I can spare, coming your way.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Okay...at first...I laughed out loud. Seriously though, I would be furious. My daughter is only ten and has already asked me if when she can color her hair. Like...not until your 18!!! Won't the school make her take it out? I am so sorry...I'd need a hug after that phonecall too. <<hugs>>

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

well, i don't have kids, so i am certainly no authority, but being on the younger side, knowing people who got such piercings in high school, you can take a little solace in the fact that in all likelihood she will get tired of it and take it out.  bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

:hug: I promise you that there is life after puberty

both hers and yours....and it gets wonderful somewhere between 20 and 30.....this age-15-18 is the worst...

but remember she is doing what she is supposed to do-she is asserting her independance, cutting the invisible umbilical cord, becoming her own woman.....

however she hasn't the knowledge base to know what is safe or not safe as she does these things.

Blessings on you dear Mom....

Now is when you have to trust that she has remembered enough of the foundations you and her dad have taught her so that she doesn't go completly off the deep end.

she'll be back...Hang in there....say a prayer.....

hughughug.....really big gollyhugs......

dilu

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: While it seems just awful now, this too shall pass.

Shelli is soooo right: kids torture us in ways no one else can. So true. Hopefully, she will outgrow it if she finds it isn't going to freak you out like she'd hoped.

I let my son get one ear pierced when he was 16...then he went to UC Berkeley and came home with several more ear piercings and an eyebrow pierce and I don't know what else there may have been in places I couldn't see. I didn't like it but I smiled with furrowed brow and said "cool." I couldn't fool him, though, he knew right away I hated it. Thankfully, when he started grad school he removed all but one ear ring...he started thinking maybe he should look a little more professional in order to get a part-time job while in school.

Good luck...and remember, on the grand scheme of things, this isn't the worst she could do.

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

Thanks guys!  I'm just beside myself.

First, she has disrepected me and her father. Not good.  Not good at all!!

Secondly... well... it's funny.  HE has to deal with her 85% of the time.  And he's done a FANTASTIC job with her, but he's a bit easy on her sometimes.  This should teach him not to be so easy on her.

Thirdly... OMG!!!  SHE LOOKS LIKE A BULL!!!

(I haven't seen her yet... )

My Katie BEFORE....

katie1.jpg

My Katie AFTER...

bull.jpg

my pretty katie...   bear_wacko

sarahjane Brisbane

Oh poor mum....I too would be horrified and needing a big BIG hug...so all the big hugs I can spare coming your way!!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Omigosh!
She's such a pretty girl. I'm surprised she would even want to do that!
However, I think it's one of those fast phases. I can't imagine she'll leave it in for long because girls that age want boys to think they're attractive...and I don't think most boys (even at that age) will find that bull ring attractive. She's just doing it for shock value right now. I imagine within weeks/months she will be tired of it and take it out.

Here's a hug for you  :hug:
I can't yet relate cause I'm only just now 28 and childless, but I do feel for you. I'd be furious if my future daughter did that...especially at only 14!

Wow...I thought my generation was wild. This younger generation has gotten crazier and crazier! I never rebelled in that way but I had friends that did similar kind of things...only no bull rings!

So sorry to hear this...but trust me...it's just a phase for a short period of time. She'll soon grow out of this.

-Eliza

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

EEEEKKK! bear_shocked  I would never, never pierce my face... even when I was younger that never went through my head... My dad flipped when I was 19 and got my bellybutton pierced though.. and then when I was 20 and got my tattoo... (wasn't even living under his roof! bear_rolleyes )

Things to look foward to when I be come a mom....  bear_shocked  bear_shocked

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Ok, Ok, I just re-read... 14??? So how did she get pierced? 14 is waaaay under 18! you can really get that place in trouble that she got pierced at!  bear_shocked

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website
kbonsall wrote:

Ok, Ok, I just re-read... 14??? So how did she get pierced? 14 is waaaay under 18! you can really get that place in trouble that she got pierced at!  :o

yep.  14!!  The ex is wanting to seek legal action against whoever did it, but we can't get her to tell us where she got it done.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Here is a big hug coming your way.
:hug:

Katie is so pretty and I am sure that she will soon realize how much pretttier she would be without the ring.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Ann- this reminds me of my conversation with my niece who turned 40 recently- Desiree behaved just like your daughter in her teens, she was IMPOSSIBLE, she lived with her mother, who then booted her out , so she went to live with her father and gave him grey hairs !!!!! 
My brother said she caused the hole in the ozone layer by the amount of hairspray she used  on her hair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, well I could go on and on.
Well back to our recent conversation, I said to her Desiree how are the girls ? ( she has two daughters Roxanne now- 15years and Chloe 6 years)

Desiree:- Aunty Lyn- Roxanne is driving me mad- living with a teenager I give up- her boyfriend has gone to live in Portugal- she uses up our broadband every second day, our telephone account is sky high, and when they do speak to one another the fight all the time as he insists that she does not go out with any other guys.
It just so difficult trying to cope with a teenager in the house. (Desiree and Roxanne's father are also divorced)

Well I had to smile and not let Desiree hear me silently giggling. - so Ann all I can say is HANG IN THERE,
From one mother to another mother here comes a big hug,

Lynette

Lynette

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I have to admit...I had my nose pierced at 14 and I've still got it 11 years later.... bear_whistle ....it's on the side though!!! I had my tongue pierced at 17 too (yes, I still have that too but most people don't even realise)  bear_grin !! My mum went CRAZY when she found out I had my tongue pierced.... bear_wacko . But (even my parents say this) I was actually a really well behaved teenager - I didn't do all of the typical teenage things. I'm now 25, am getting married in August (after 7.5 years together!!), have 2 wonderful little boys and have the absolute BEST relationship with my mum...she really is my best friend....we talk about absolutely everything.....and I mean EVERYTHING! So, even though there were a few arguments when I was a teenager, mum and I have a rock solid relationship and I love it! I get on very well with my dad too but I don't think he can quite come to terms with the fact that I'm not his 'little' girl anymore!

So Ann, keep your chin up - things WILL get better!  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooooooooooh no!! I feel terrible for you!!!  My Mum would have killed me!!!!!!!!  LOL

HUGE Hugs - she;ll get over it!!!!!!!

Danni

Board footer