Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I know it will depend upon the pattern size, but I started with my larger 16 and 18" bears non jointed.  Now I've got a piece of curly lamb that I'm dying to turn into a teddy bear  :pray: Heaven help me! I swore I 1. wouldn't touch lamb again 2. want to create a specific pattern because I've got this idea in my head that will NOT go away!

So, its probably best for me to make the bear up, and then order the size discs I need, right?   That would be sensible.  But in the meantime, does anyone who makes these larger bears have a 'standard' size that they usually use??  I'm not asking much am I  bear_whistle ?

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I would say around 1 3/4".  Mine can be anywhere from 1 1/2 - 2 1/2".
Have fun!
Donna

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I tend to use 1 3/4 inche for the arms and 2 inch for the legs in a bear that size, which is pretty much the size bear I normally make.  But like all things creative, it all "depends"!

audemesange Aude-Mesange Creations
Montral

1 3/4 or 2'' depending on your pattern and the fit you want!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_grin  Thanks for the measurements gals!  I realize everything is 'ishish' when it comes to bearmaking....if the shoe fits  bear_whistle

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Depending on how floppy or solid you want the bear to be will halp determine the size dics you use.
I think that I use anything from 1" to 1 1/2" discs in the arms and legs.
Hope that helps.

Board footer