Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Hi my old friends....  :hug:
I think of you often but never find the time to read or post, so here I am waiting up for my husband and I thought I would use my stolen moment to write..

The last time I was active was right about the time Daphne was getting swamped with bunny stuff. Seeing Mimzy is such a thrill for me, I can't wait to show my daugther the bunny.

As some of you know, I quit making bears when I had my baby - amazingly over 1 year ago. Since time is so short this moment, I will post a pic and come back and fill you in on how things are going for us. I am currently recovering from surgery and am getting the crafty itch, but am not quite able to use my "sewing" foot! :)

Here is Madison Grace at 1 year. She looks sweet but can be a little tart.  :bday:
maddymarch2007041.jpg madssweater.jpg

This was her last year
mad2.jpg

I am in such awe of all the work you ladies do, the bears and friends are so great! I need to spend more time browsing and reading!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Well you and hubby sure have produced one lovely little girl.
beary regards
Lynette

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked   NO!!! NOT a year!  Don't tell me a year has passed  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked   Gee, I can't believe it.

She's adorable - I think she looks like you Kirsten!!!   She's just beautiful - I wish she were mine  bear_wub  bear_wub   Even if she can be a tart LOL
Danni

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

hey there - ive joined recently - wendy's fault
my twin girls are 1 on sunday - would you like a pic ? ll shrink one down if so !
i didnt do nay work for the first few months as i recovered from a tough preg and difficult birth ... but i simply had to start fiddling again and i did - its wnats makes me, me --- good luck getting re started again :-)

cat xxxx

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Kirsten you have one little heart stealer there.  bear_wub  Madison Grace is a beautiful little girl, I can't believe that she has already had her first birthday. Sorry to hear that you have had surgery, I hope you feel 100% soon and maybe even get time to sew bears once again.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Madison Grace is a very sweet  little girl, Kirsten and how quickly that 13 months has gone.

Hugs
Carolyn

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kirsten, she's just lovely, and so feminine even without long, girly hair!  Beautiful eyes!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Kirsten, It's nice to hear from you! Madison Grace is ADORABLE, I am sure that she keeps you very busy.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Kirsten!

I think of you so often! How can I not? Oliver reminds me!!! I miss you!
But look at Madison! I'd stop everything for her! What a cutie! Can't wait to hear more!

I hope your foot heals fast!

Big hugs and love,
Daphne

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I'm going to second what Daphne said... Kirsten... we MISS you here!  Get that foot all healed up and come back!!!!!   :pray:  :pray:  bear_wub

I can't belive that it's been a whole year since she was born!  You've got a gorgeous little girl there!   bear_wub

Kim Basta

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Kirsten . . . great to hear from you and see the new pics of your adorable little girl!  Hope you can visit us from time to time - we've missed you a lot!  Madison is precious!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

She is adorable!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

IT'S BEEN A YEAR!!!!!!!!!! oh my. If feels like just yesterday I was reading about you being all excited to have a baby. Oh my!

What a cutie, congrats. Hope your foot heals, I would like to see more bears from you soon.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Kirsten HELLO!!!

Oh my gosh I can't believe it's been an entire year!  Madison Grace is adorable  bear_wub   Hope you heal quickly... and so glad you could stop by to say "hello" even if it's real quick  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh it was so nice to see your avatar again!  welcome back....don't wait another year....

Madison Grace is absolutely adorable, what a beautiful child, congratulations!!!

hugs
dilu

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

So great to see familar names popping up! Amazing how quick that year went by.
Funny - I tried to sew a curtain today for Maddy's room and its my right ankle which I can't use, so I had to try to control the sewing machine pedal with my left foot! ICK!

I definitely have the itch to sew bears, but can't imagine dragging out the fur with the kid and then I thought of sewing while she naps, but that can be so iffy. So maybe if I have energy, I will ty to do some at night. You all are so inspiring and are so good. I'm suppose to be cleaning, but I wanted to check the forums out again!  bear_wub

Since I was here last, we've moved twice. Once to a 1 bedroom apartment and then to a new house. The apartment was fun with my girl popping her head over the crib at night to see me. We moved into the house 2 weeks after I had sugery. The good part was we hired movers and house cleaners since I couldn't do it! :dance:

The surgery was to replace bone on my ankle. I had my joint "cleaned out" 2 years ago and now the joint got so bad I had to have part of it replaced. Of course my girl learned to walk the month before the sugery.

I daydream of filling Madison's room with bear creations fom my bear friends. Daphne - I often think of Oliver, my favorite bear of all. I was so  excited about his pattern and cute look, I have one bear just laying in pieces waiting to be finished. So pleased that the lady who made the Mimzy bunny owns my bear! LOL I haven't caught up completely on all that went on with you while I was gone, but I've been praying for you! Oh my I'd love to attend your bear show too! SO proud of you my friend.

As I read I am excited to "meet" new people and to see what the Oldies are up to. You all are too busy for me!

Well, my novel needs to be wrapped up. Cat, I'd love to see a pic of the twins!

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Kirsten:

What a darling little girl...I just love her name.

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Madison is just so lovely.
What a beauty.

Weymouth
Website

Apr05213.jpgApr05212.jpgok ... here we are - in the box pic daisy got inside it herself - matty is asking if she should get the selotape !

in the second pic matty is pointing to daddy ...
they are pretty small - im small and they were BF twins !
i stopped about 6 weeks ago !

enjoy ... we are blessed!
cat xxxxx

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

oh beautiful children Cat and Kirsten  bear_innocent  bear_innocent welcome back too  :hug:

Weymouth
Website

thanks sarah xxxxx

Board footer