Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

nandesign Posts: 361

Raggedy-1.jpgHi All:

Just a little dolly I designed for our doll club's Raggedy Challenge...not sure if I should "prim" her...what do you think?

Hugs, Nancy :rose:

PS...I just found out that my little Raggedy is going to be in the July issue of Soft Dolls & Animals Magazine...I will be sending the pattern and doll to them this week. I'm pretty excited!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Way cute!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Sweet, Nancy!
I like her the way she is or...maybe just a little primming (is that a word? bear_wacko ) not the
"I was in a massive trainwreck" kind of prim!

Cheryl bear_flower

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Oh my word, she is ADORABLE!!!  I love the little stand with all the accessories!!  I agree with Cheryl, if you are going to prim her don't do too much, she is fantastic as is!!!  Those eyes just make one melt!

Amelia

Thank-you so much gals...I know Cheryl and Amelia...it is tough to decide...I should probably do another one and "prim" that one. I think if I was going to do the "trainwreck" technique, I wouldn't put the doll with it until after I had done it and then add a slightly prim doll.

Thank-you again for your help and nice comments....I really appreciate it.

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Nancy: I love the doll...but, forgive me here... what do you mean by "prim". What technique is that?

Hi Michelle:

I just mean that primitive, kinda grungy look...usually stained with tea, coffee etc. It is a technique...and I love the look, but I wasn't sure about this doll..I may add a little more colour to her legs...but I won't give her a tea bath.

Thank-you for your nice comment.
Hugs, Nancy

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Oh Nancy I like her just the way she is, nice and crisp and clean.  I think I agree that you could do another one in a more primitive look but this one is perfect just the way she is.  (ok this is saying alot for me as I'm not much of a doll person but she is adorable )   

hugs

Shane

Thank-you so much Shane...I agree...I am going to do another one...the new one will probably have a theme like Halloween or Christmas!

Congratulations again on your cover...I know the feeling...you will have this time and memory forever. Enjoy!!

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Amazing! I love this doll, so many elements :clap:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Beautiful piece of work. Don't change her she looks just right the way she is.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Thank-you so much Heather and Jane. I really appreciate your compliments. I will not be touching this one, Jane.
I'll make another and mess with that one!!

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Very cute! And I'm glad you explained prim. I was thinking you meant "to make it primitive or distressed".

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I like this lovely little pinkeep just the way she is!!  I'm not one for the grungy/prim look.  A little prim is okay.  Some people take it way over the top and make a piece look down right filthy/dirty!! 

I bought a really neat fabric duck from a gal on eBay.  It looks like a vintage toy.  The pictures she posted looked a little prim.  However, on receipt of the duck I was so disappointed.....it looked like it had been dragged through the mud.  I really love the duck and have it in one of my bear displays but everytime I look at the thing I just want to give it a bath!!  There are lots of wonderful prim designs offered on eBay but now I'm really leary of buying and I wouldn't think of asking an artist to make another "clean" one for fear of offending them.

I think your idea of making another is a great idea!!  That way it appeals to both sides of the fence.   bear_original  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs, :hug:
Aleta

Hi Tami:

Thank-you so much, Tami...I will just add a little colour to a couple of small areas and leave her alone...I do like the distressed look...it depends on the piece.

Oh, Aleta...I am so sorry about your duck. I won't be doing that! But, I do like the grungy look...I'll probably do something really primitive and grungy for Halloween. Thank-you so much for your nice words.

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Nancy - i must have missed this first time around, she is WONDERFUL!!!    bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub    Did you prim her yet??   

I do like grunge, but prefer a 'vintage' looking prim, some are a bit too mucky looking, my nan would be grabbing all my stuff and washing it if I did do it that way - she doesn't 'get' that I want stuff to look old at all!!   :crackup:  :crackup:

Beautiful work!!   bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:

Oh Clare...how nice of you...I have admired your dolls, bears and the "primitive" work you have been doing. I am like you...I just love the look!
Actually, I won't be doing anything on this one...she is headed off tomorrow to be in the magazine...I am just thrilled!!

I thought maybe I would do a couple of different ones...which I will definitely be aging. I'll keep you posted.

Thank-you again, Clare.
Hugs, Nancy

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Nancy well done - it's lovely to get her in a magazine, can you show us when she's in, I don't think we get that here.   Can't wait to see more from you, yes do keep us/me posted!!   :hug:  :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Clare said: 'vintage' looking prim.  That's exactly the kind of prim I like!!  Like your avatar angel, Clare.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Oh this is just too cute! I do think a little bit of "primming" would give her alot of character. I say do it! Maybe use a spray bottle and "spritz" her ever so slightly....

Love her and congrats on her being in the next issue of SD&A! Thats fantastic!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

What a cute Raggedy Annie!! Love her!

Thank-you for your kind words, Kim and Gemma.

Kim, She is on her way to the magazine, but I did use a little bit of make-up and oil pastels to give her some depth...almost like painting. I did a little "shadowing". I didn't take the time to photograph her before I sent her...and so hopefully their cameras will pick it up.

Thank-you again so much
Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

Board footer