Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

The date: June 29, 2007
The place: Rio Hotel, Las Vegas
The event: Teddy Talk Live!

After seeing all the Teddy Talk "parties" posted online, I thought it would be cool to have a real one at IDEX Las Vegas. We'll have refreshments, activities, prizes (including TT gear and ads), and plenty of time to talk. Plus cameras to document the action, of course. I can't promise George Clooney, but I can promise lots of fun!

More info to come soon -- in the meantime, save the date and plan to come to Vegas.

Hope to see you there!
Mindy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sounds like fun! Hope you all have a great time!
Perhaps we need an East Coast TT party too..... hmm.....  bear_grin

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Does sound like fun and if I lived there

..I WOULD BE THERE

!!! But I am looking forward to the pictures !!! Thanks Mindy !!!

K Pawz Guest

Sounds like it would be a blast!!! Take lots of pictures please.

hugs,
Krista

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Please send me my air ticket !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette

DebbieD Posts: 3,540
MKinsey/TBF wrote:

I can't promise George Clooney, but I can promise lots of fun!

Maybe he'll want the extra publicity and WILL come??   bear_flower  :crackup:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a great time to be had by all!!!  Even without George . . . I guess.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sounds like a rockin' good time, and who needs Clooney for that??? bear_original

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

See you there!!  bear_original  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What fun! and wished we could all be there!!!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Wish I could be there too....How about one in Schaumburg????
Amy

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario
Mutz wrote:

Wish I could be there too....How about one in Schaumburg????
Amy

OH Amy I agree we should do one in Schaumburg how cool would that be, lots of TT's go to Schaumburg and even if it's just you and us and Mindy we'll have a fantastic time  oh  wait Laura Lynn lives nearby so we could kidnap her and we could all go bar hoping in her new mecedes (she can be the designated driver)

Hmmmm we will have to think about the LV one though,  have to count our pennies and see if we can manage that one.  It's Steve's big 40 in July and he wants to go to Vegas, so maybe we just do it a couple of weeks early,  hmmm now if we get Karen Lyons involved with this party then we might get into trouble (Karen has a habit of getting into trouble in Las Vegas  bear_rolleyes  but I won't say anymore   bear_laugh )

big hugs

Shane

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Count me in! Beside, I love Vegas!
Sonya

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh a party!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Shame there are a lot of Aussies too far spread to meet up!
Danni

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

bear_whistle  Hmmm? Guys?
Was it the time the security guard pulled me through a door or was it the time when I made everyone run down the hall right after the Awards Ceremony (women in dresses and high heels) because I made a mistake that security misinterpreted and they came after us (ok after me but I wasn't about to run alone!)? Besides we got away  :rolleyes:
Really, everyone, we had fun! THe Security guards are pretty slow.
Karen

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

OK! Here's my idea... I can't go to Vegas this year, or Schaumburg this Spring... but what if ANY Teddy Bear Show was an excuse for a TT party? Schaumburg in fall is going to be a pretty big party anyway, isn't it?

Have fun all of you going to Schaumburg this month!!! I'll be sitting here at home doing my homework like a good school girl bear_cry

Waterloo, Ontario

Hmmmm  I only know of one incident Karen  bear_grin , you'll have to fill me in on the other one.  I know of the one when you made everyone run down the hallway after the awards ceremony heehee.

Tami I agree we should have a big one in Schaumburg in the Fall, we will be going to that one as well.

big hugs

Shane

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I would love to have one in Schaumburg too, I would be there with bells on.

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

Sounds like a blast.  bear_smile I'm going to see what I am able arrange to get to Vegas.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

For those of you who are new, Mindy has given us some terrific "you are there" reports....

bear_wub [size=18].......and Mindy NEVER forgets the Gollies[/size] :crackup:

Hugs Mindy, bear_wub

dilu

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

I am hoping to lure all of you to Vegas, of course, but I'm doing an event at Schaumburg in the fall so we might be able to do a follow-up event there.

Keep in mind that the party will only be fun if people actually show up -- you can't all stay home and expect to get reports via computer, 'cause all there will be to report is me, Kellie, and Shelli hanging out in a big, empty room with snacks and a cardboard cutout of George!

If you need further enticement, I'll mention that we're planning to have, in addition to the TT party, John Lamb talking about his mystery books (and copies of his newest book); Debi McCarthy teaching a class on crocheting a bear; yours truly leading an artist panel discussion (artists needed); and, I think, Chris Herrington doing a lunch event. Chris is lots of fun, even if he is a manufacturer, and I think you'd all enjoy hanging out with him. Plus, of course, the TOBY Awards event. And the showroom. And the attractions of Vegas itself. So, you know, if you've thought of going to Vegas, this is a good time to try it out.

Mindy

Waterloo, Ontario

Oh  Mindy it sounds like so much fun, we are going to do our best to get there I promise you that.  Never been to Vegas but I know we can have lots of fun.

You are right though that the artist do need to come out and take part, if everyone starts saving their pennies now maybe a lot of us can make it there.  I'd really love to be able to have Steve celebrate his 40th in Vegas as that is what he wants to badly.

big hugs

Shane

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:crackup: We're getting some prime entertainment just reading this thread!!!  Karen???  Our mild, little Karen outrunning security??   :crackup:

And hey, that could be quite a bit of fun with a cardboard cutout of George  bear_rolleyes !  LOL....

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Mindy , I would LOVE to go to Vegas, I will see if I can work it out, even without George it sounds like fun  bear_grin
I would also love if we did something on the east coast, 
Hmmmmmmm I am just going to have to try to make it to the Vegas ...............PARTY!!!!!!!
Karen remember what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas  :crackup:
Bear Hugs
Jodi

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

:photo:  :dance:  :clap: Well, Jodi....
Apparently not  bear_rolleyes Since I think just about everyone I talk to about Las Vegas reminds me of my Vegas past! I think they just tell you that so you'll do something stupid. Wait, I never heard that before I did something stuPid?! But wait, it really wasn't stupid just a misinterpreted experiment!
Karen

Board footer