Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

I've often wondered if listing auctions to end on a holiday weekend is a good idea or not. With so many busy traveling or preparing for family gatherings it would seem many do not find the time to review auctions. What are your takes on listing an auction to end on a holiday weekend?

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hello!!

I live in a highly popular tourist location and us locals don't even think about venturing out at holiday weekends, so I'd be on the look out for auctions (should be working really!!) but can't resist!!   bear_whistle  bear_whistle

I love your bears by the way!!   :hug:  :hug:

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

It didn't work for me, for what I perceived as the reasons you listed.
Nor do weekends seem good for me.
I'll continue w/5 day auctions ending in the evenings of Tues, Wed or Thurs.
Glad you posted this topic!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Debbie,  I don't do well with auctions that end on weekends - I have several customers that only have internet at work.  I try to list only during the week and I do much better.

hugs,

Brenda

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Interesting question.  bear_ermm
I list to end on a sunday night in the US, or Monday Morning OZ.
I do have my doubts about listing to end on a long weekend or holiday, but I keep forgetting when I go to list.
There are alot here that go away for long weekends, especially easter. 
For me it's a good time to stay off the roads, it's hectic out there.   bear_wacko

sarahjane Brisbane

Chris I do the same and because I don't look too far ahead I keep forgetting also.... bear_ermm   Oh well I guess we will see....  bear_original

WhimzeeBearz Whimzee Bears
Moonee Ponds, Victoria

Interesting subject and one I've often wondered about (not just ending on a holiday weekend but any weekend)  Traditionally I've always listed to end on a Sunday evening...my thinking being that people will most likely be home then and have time to spend bidding on auctions, but another interesting point has been brought up that a lot of people only have access to the internet at work hmmmm something to think about !

Funnily enough and getting back to the original question... my current auction due to finish tonight has done better than my last two ie; I've actually had bids and not just 'watchers' so I think the moral of the story is that ebay is a fickle thing and there are just no hard and fast rules.

Michelle

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

I in the past always listed on Monday evening with a three day auction. I recall a few who were working that would bid due to no internet access at home. Clare, I'm with you on the tourist. Our town gets very busy and I'm always thinking about traffic if I do go somewhere on a holiday weekend. I try to aviod it and stay home. Michelle, eBay is a fickle thing. You never know. I am going to try my next auction to end during the week. It's not that I haven't had success to auctions ending Sunday evening, it just seems that I have had more interest.

Board footer