Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

mumka Posts: 80
Website

Hi everyone, I'm a bit new here:)
I posted in this case in another topic but a kind girl named Natasha adivised me to write it here. I would like to buy spare leftover pieces of your mohair to make a small bears. Because new mohair is a bit pricey so maybe by this way I could buy some small amounts to make small few-inches bears:) I don't want those pieces you need, only those which cannot be used for the bears you're doing. I hope it's not wrong me to ask about it, if so just tell me and I'll pass^^'
I bought some pieces at Sassy (thanks, Natty:)) but she doesn't have much mohair.
I think not only me could purchase fabric via that way, it could be both way advantage. Don't you think?:)
Oh, and if someone would like to see my bears (made of really fair and cheap synthetics) please visit my flickr page (photos are bad too, but I'm still learning ^^')

I know I'll find here lots of friendly people here, I hope it's ok for me to ask for this:)
Thanks in advance,
Ania

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Ania,

What size of scraps are you looking for?  like a 9x9 size and does the length of mohair matter or are you just looking for short pile as you make mini bears?

Big hugs

Shane

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Welcome to Teddy Talk  :hug:   I don't work with mohair, just real fur, but I wish you much luck in your search.  Where there's a will there's a way  bear_thumb 

You might also ask the German mohair makers if they sell smaller scraps??  I know on Intercal (the people that host us), they sell smaller sizes that would perhaps fit the size you are looking for?  Being in Poland, if you ask the German mohair producers if they sell the same, that would keep you from perhaps having to pay a VAT or other taxes trying to get it sent in??

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Hi Ania

There is no reason you should have to buy some small pieces on here at all.... Natasha got a small stash given to her for free when she was looking for some fabric...I am sure some of those same girls or the ones who came on later and realized she had enough already will be willing to send you some pieces so that you can have some fun too....

please send me your address either by private message or on this board...I will be happy to ship you some fabric....

Website

What size of scraps are you looking for?  like a 9x9 size and does the length of mohair matter or are you just looking for short pile as you make mini bears?

I would love to have sparse mohair! bear_wub but generaly it doesn't matter how long it is.. and frankly I like medium or even long size, the bears are so fluffy then ^^ (once I made a 2" dog with long faux fur... he turned out pretty funny!) 9x9 size is good too. It can be even numerous smaller ones, it could be good, too. I'm waiting for offer:)

Debbie, I was trying to find some German mohair in German websites, but it was a fiasco. I don't know the language X) I didn't know Intercal is from German. I should look more carefully there too. But when I was lurking on their site even the smallest pieces was pricey, at last for me  :redface:  Thanks anyway! :)

Big thanks for Bumblebearies, you are so nice! :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Ania - try www.probaer.de    they also have an English language facility, and carry a HUGe stock of mohair
huggies
Maria bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ania - the German mohair is not what Intercal primarliy sells, they sell mostly the English Hembold mohair. The German mohair is made by Schulte. Maria gave you a great link to Pro Baer who carries a larger selection of Schulte!

Have you looked on eBay??

Website

Yes, ProBaer is a really great site! Thank you for this link, Maria bear_original . But I have a question... they say price is per centimeter. But is it 1cm x 1cm or 1cm x 140cm? (because fabric width is 140cm) When I'm buying fabric in normal shop it's just like the second way, but I'm not sure about it here... Do you know which way is proper?

Daphne - yes, I was searching ebay but I think I'm doing it wrong and I can't find anything cheap. One forum member gave me link to one interesting auction so I keep an eye on it.
Indeed, ProBear is nice, really. Thank you very much bear_original

puca bears puca bears

Yes, it's 1cm by 140 cm ....maybe it sounds cheaper that way(!)
huggies
Maria

Website

Indeed, it's a way cheaper! This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you VERY MUCH Maria :hug: I found so many nice people and usefull information today on this forum, I'm so happy to find this forum bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Just to straighten the record some . . . Intercal does carry German mohair as Helmbold is a German company.  They did have Norton fur from England, but that company went out of business.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yeah, right, sorry... I always think Helmbold is English. I'm dippy sometimes you know!

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I didn't know Intercal is from German. I should look more carefully there too. But when I was lurking on their site even the smallest pieces was pricey, at last for me  :redface:  Thanks anyway! :)

Did you check Intercal's small cuts or end pieces pages?  There is a huge variety there, the small cuts (12"x12") start at about US$7.50 a piece, and for small bears you can get at least two or three out of it, making them very economical. It can be tricky to find the page tho.
   http://www.intercaltg.com/special/8.html

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Ania: I don't have any mini bear fabric, but I could help you with some longer, sparce fur. Let me know your mailing information and I'll send you some.

Marlys

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Daphne wrote:

Yeah, right, sorry... I always think Helmbold is English. I'm dippy sometimes you know!

No problemo!!

Board footer