Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

big_ted2.jpgOkay you lot, 'fess up, who else has pics of themselves with their childhood bear?

This is my Chiltern (still with me!) when I was a wee thing of seventeen months ... aw bless! bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Paula, that picture is adorable!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

mandy1.jpgHere is my Panda for my first christmas off my parents. When I was sevenish I swapped a bear for the panda with my brother. You see my younger brother must have been given MY panda when we were both young!!!:o Best of it I did not know this until I found the evidence in the photo some years later!! I still have him and he was always my favourite cuddly.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Paula that is a beautiful picture!!

I, in actual fact, only got 'into' bears when I 'grew up' (if you can call it that);)....but envy you sooo much!!

All my childhood photos consist of dodgy basin haircuts and very scary clothes!!:lol:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I still remember my childhood bear called Honey. I think it was a handmade sock type toy. My mother handed it down to my brother and he destroyed it. I still haven't forgiven him and that was 50ish years ago. One day when he isn't looking I'll get even.

Marion

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I'll have to check my baby book to see if I have pics...

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

MerBear wrote:

I still remember my childhood bear called Honey. I think it was a handmade sock type toy. My mother handed it down to my brother and he destroyed it. I still haven't forgiven him and that was 50ish years ago. One day when he isn't looking I'll get even.

Marion

HA!  bear_grin:lol::lol:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh what adorable photos!  Clare, I'm with you... I didn't get "into" teddy bears till I was about 30.  When I was a kid I collected bunnies.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I didn't have stuffed toys as a child. bear_sad bear_sad bear_sad  But those photos are really, really cute!!

Deb Upstate New York

Bear?  I'm too cool for a teddy bear ... or was anyway. ;)
Kart.jpg

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Wonderful photos guys. Of course being the third child, very few baby pics taken in our house hold. Love the photos!!!

Many hugs Louise

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Jo-and-teddy.jpgHere I am quite young with my first black teddy bear.  Unfortunately, I do not know what happened to Teddy.  It was in front of my grandparents house in Ontario, you can see them looking out the picture window.  This is one of my favourite pictures.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Of course being the third child, very few baby pics taken in our house hold

I hear you!  lots of exceedingly cute photos of my two older siblings, not so many of me!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Mom put a blue bunny in the incubator with me 2 days after I was born.  I went everywhere with him for years.  Still have him displayed in my bedroom.  Jenn

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

OldBears1.jpgToys-in-the-yard.jpgThis is a nice thread.  I am on the right, in the checked shirt, and my bear is the panda in the unfortunate t-shirt that the boy on the left is holding.  My little sister is in the middle (on a large sit-upon turtle), and our neighbor John is at left.  (I wonder what ever happened to him?)  I also see my sister's rubber faced monkey doll.  He's still around too.  Taken around 1968 or so.

The second photo shows my old Panda in the middle, with my absolute favorite yellow elephant (who came from Goodwill) on the right.  On the left is a little FLAT teddy that I sewed on my Mom's machine when I was about 8 or 9 years old.  He has glued on fabric eyes, nose and mouth. I wanted a Winnie the Pooh so badly that I made my own.  My first official ARTIST BEAR! :lol:

Lynne bear_laugh

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What great pics!  Keep 'em coming, this is fun! :D;):cool:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

teddy.jpghelena_bear1.jpgI've been enjoying these pics, so just had to add my own! Here's a fuzzy photo of me, aged about 18 months, wrestling my first ted to the ground..... I still have this bear, a big pink and white one with whirly fur. Very cuddly. Unfortunately (for him) he was abandoned when a new-bear-on-the-block arrived a year or two later (other photo). This bear was made for me and has a growler. He's a bit the worse for wear these days.... bear_happy

ellen ontario, canada

WONDERFUL pics you guys. i'm number 5 so there's no pics of me with anything.... 'cept the rotten brothers and sister.
:lol:
thanx for sharing!

Board footer