Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Nancy,

I am so sorry to hear of your Daughter and how very hard that it must be for your family.
Our prayers and thoughts are with you at this time and hope that she will soon be feeling
much stronger and will be able to enjoy her darling new baby.

Hugs
Carolyn

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Nanc, so sorry ...
She and all your family is in my thoughts and prayers...

Marie

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

This must be such a hard time for you and your family - best wishes to you, especially to Stephanie for a very speedy recovery.  Hopefully mum and son will be together very soon.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh this must such a worrying time for you all.  I hope she has a very speedy recovery and can spend muchmore time with her new baby.

You and your family are in my thoughts Nanc,
Danni

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

I'm sure she will improve very quickly with all these powerful prayers!!!  Giant hugs for both of you!!
Lynne

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Nance,

I'm so glad to hear Stephanie is a bit better. Scary enough if it happened to you, but to one of your babies . . . indescribably scary. Still praying up here . . .

Eileen

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

my thoughts and prayers for your daughter and your family! wish them all home together soon!  deb

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Nancy.... The wee ones and I said a prayer especially for Stephanie and her family last night.

Deb Upstate New York

Nanc ~

How is Stephanie doing?  Matthew?  Gramma?

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

I wish I had the time to address each of you individually and thank you for your prayers and your thoughts.
I cannot ever express what it has meant to me...I have even seen some names I am not even familiar with.

An update on Stephanie  (Matthew is doing just fine and had his little surgery yesterday to prepare him for society).

Another Dr. has been brought in and he gave her another 2 units of blood last night.  He was concerned about her red blood cell count.  After checking it again this morning, it is still quite a bit lower than he wants it to be...but he feels certain she can bring it up herself now.  They are going to get her up for a short while today and try walking.  He said she can walk about the house but for 6 to 8 weeks she is to do nothing...so I imagine I will be here quite a lot.

Anyway, talking with her this morning she said the extra units of blood last night have made her feel better...she can tell the difference.  She is so thankful that Matthew is doing fine and there are such wonderful nurses there to care for him.
She said Pete has got a 3 days growth of face fur...poor guy, I know he has got to be getting exhausted and she keeps trying to get him to come home to clean up and rest just a bit, but he won't leave her or Matthew.
I heard Matthew on the phone and I started to cry...such a tiny little voice.
This has been a real trial for me and I thank you so much (again) for your prayers.  It is such a comfort to me to know that so many people are holding my Stephanie up to the Lord in prayer.  It is obvious we have got His attention.
Blessings,
Nancy
We may be able to go see them both today.

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

So good to hear that things are looking up for your family:):):)
We will continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Nancy,

Just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of your family...keeping everyone in my prayers.  Thank you for keeping us updated...I know it must be hard.  I like so many do believe in the positive powers of prayers and have seem miracles happen. 

Love to you and yours....

Shantell

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Nanc, I believe with all my heart in the power of prayer...and it looks like you've got a lot of prayers here, including mine.  Take care and God Bless.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Thanks for the update, Nance! We'll all keep praying, but it sounds to me as if Stephanie's doing well!

Poor Pete--somebody get that guy a BEAR!! bear_laugh

Hang in there, Nance--Judi's right, you've got to take care of yourself too!

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks for updating us, Nancy . . . I'm so glad things are looking better!  All of you are in my thoughts and I certainly hope Stephanie continues to improve!!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Nancy, I am just getting caught up witht the posts...Sorry to hear about your daughter's ordeal and hope you all will be just fine real soon...Winney

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Dear Nanc
My thought and prayers are with you and your family. So glad to hear all is going reasonably well and will continue to do so
Hugs
Gail

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

I just found your post and had to let you know that I am also praying that everything continues to go well for you and your family. My daughter's life was also saved by receiving 2 units of blood when she needed it...so this is a reminder to all of us...the importance of giving blood (when you can). It really saves lives.

Best Wishes
Kathy

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Thanks for the update Nance, nice to hear your daughter is feeling a bit better.  We continue to keep you all in our thoughts.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kathy is right, for those that can, it is always important to give blood. It saved my father's life many years ago too. I'd donate every year if I wasn't diabetic. We should be offering a prayer of thanks to the donors of the blood Stephanie received. They could have very well saved her life too!

Thanks for the update, Nanc! I know you have a lot on your mind right now so I really appreciate the time you take to sit down and give us updates. I hope you were able to see them today.

Hugs,
Daphne

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Hi Nance,
I'm late in on this one. I'm sorry to hear Stephanie has suffered such an ordeal. Childbirth and all those hormones flying around are difficult at the best of times, but so much more complex when things don't go to plan.
How lucky we are to live in the age of modern medicine, when such things can be treated!!
The partial hysterectomy is unfortunate, but at least her family is complete...would be devastating for them if Matthew was their first child and it meant no more.
Thinking of you all, and offering prayers for Stephanie, Matthew, Pete and yourself....how lucky is Stephanie to have you to help...must be such a load off her mind.
Hope you don't get too tired in the coming weeks..it will be a tad stressful no doubt.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Nancy- your report was uplifint, I am glad that things seem to be turning the corner.  I am very very partial to the name; the PETA Prince is a Matthew.  And a goofy on at that, but always a blessing.  I pray the same for your Matthew. 

You are right, your son in law is a true gem, I will pray for his strenght.

Rest well, my sweet, you have gotta be a busy gal right now.

Hugs to Jennifer and you and praise that things are looking better!  :)

bear_tongue Diloop

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Nancy - This brings tears to my eyes. I can't imagine how this felt for you and your family. Stephanie is already blessed by a wonderful Mom and Husband. Thank the Lord for the Health of little man Matthew. Surely the life and health of this 4th child can ease the pain of having a hysterectomy. That must have been so hard for Pete and the rest of the family. I am keeping you in my prayers. bear_original Keep us up to date on their progress.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Nancy, I am only just reading posts now...I am so sorry you are all going through this....
thinking of you and your family
hugs sarah

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Nanc, sorry to hear the news, hope your Daughter improving day by day.

Thinking of you all. bear_happy 

Take Care

Board footer