Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

mumka Posts: 80
Website

I don't know if I'm doing right making a topic for this and if it's in a right place... If I should go somewhere else please tell me ^^'

I finally had time to make a bear with my fresh new fabric:) Here is a tiny one made with fabric from Matilda (pleaaase, could you tell me what's this? I'm fresh in this stuff  :redface: ). His name is Bruce and he's only 4.5cm / 1.7". It was really hard job to make such tiny limbs! But I like how it came out, hope you like it bear_original

Bruce1.jpg
Bruce2.jpg
Bruce3.jpg
now I can see... the nose and eyes are no symetric, something's wrong with paws, dang. I'm just learning X)
oh, and what should I do to hide stiches and knots? (hopelessly seen on the back of the bear ;P )
larger photos are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7707125@N06/

next bear is in his way now, made with stuff from another part of the world ;)

now I can see... the nose and eyes are no symetric, something's wrong with paws, dang. I'm just learning X)
oh, and what should I do to hide stiches and knots? (hopelessly seen on the back of the bear ;P )

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Bruce is a lovely little bear with a great smile on his face.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Hi Anna, cute bear. Certainly is tiny. This type of topic ususally goes into the TIPS AND TECHNIQUES area.
I will answer you here this time no problems.
The fabric is a velvet. Bear suppliers sell it in their mini bear section.
As for stitches, you need the finest needle you can get your hands on. I use a 10-12 sharp. The 12 sharp is a bugger to thread though. And with the tiny needle you need strong but fine thread.
With minis I have found it helpfull to add a little bit of fabic at the opening seams on the pattern. This then gets folded down into the opening and the ladder sitich glides under it.
To ensure the stitches dont show you have to be doing the stitches correctly in the first place.  I spent 2 years struggling with my ladder stitich until I was found to be doing the stitch incorrectly .
Any more questions possum post them over on 'tips and techs' and I'm sure you will be inundated with people wanting to help.
I popped over to your Flick site. You have a lovely refreshing imagination. Your wee critters are darling.
Wendy bear_thumb

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Bruce is so tiny and so cute.  bear_wub You can always check the Library. It's just about your post on this page. There is a wealth of information there.

Kathleen Pa

What a cute little bear,  He is sooooo tiny.  I don't have the patience to make one so small.  Any thing I've attempted that small is still in pieces in the bottom of a drawer. lol.

Kathleen

Website

here are another bears I've made from received mohair. I would like to thank you again because you've give me a great joy. The real stuff is ineed fabulous!

Here is Blake. I've made it with mohair given by a girl from Germany. I've lost your mail because I've got system reinstall and I just couldn't write you confirmation that I've collected the fabric. So please show yourself, I would like to thank you  bear_flower

Blake1.jpg

Now here's Spook, a tiny bear made with Kathleen's fabric. I have so much fun making this one! (and a real hard time to make a photo of him! X))

Spook3.jpg

And know my fresh creation (yesterdays) - Goldie. This mohair is so nice in touch! But hard to use, look at this bear's fringe ^^'

Goldie5.jpg

Thank you very much again!! bear_flower  bear_wub
more pictures at my flickr site

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

They are all so lovely.
Well done.  bear_thumb

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Each and every one is adorable. Looks like you're putting all that new fabric to good use. Your bears are just very, very cute and sweet. :hug:

Website

thank you! And I forgot to write that Goldie is made with fabric from you, Marlys! So sorry, I was bit excited writing it  :redface: I love this one bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

They are all wonderful bears Anna!!! :clap:  :clap: You should be proud of them alll :dance:
Wendy bear_thumb

puca bears puca bears

Hi Anna
it's the GIRL (I LIKE that!) from Germany.....you've made some lovely bears from all the fabric! I bet you sat for HOURS deciding just which fabric to start with!!
big huggies
Maria  :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Not to worry, Ania. I'm so glad you're excited about all the mohair you received.
Buy, no wonder Goldie is my favorite! :crackup:  :crackup: That fur was very dense and long for such a tiny bear, but you've done a beautiful job. I love her fluffy look and happy smile and her pet fishie. :hug:  :hug:

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

I like all of the bears, they are cute!

Website
puca bears wrote:

Hi Anna
it's the GIRL (I LIKE that!) from Germany.....you've made some lovely bears from all the fabric! I bet you sat for HOURS deciding just which fabric to start with!!
big huggies
Maria  :hug:

It's you, thank you thank thank you! ^^ Your package was a great surprise, it was relatively small but when I opened it all the fabrics poped out and was twice more than in the envelope  bear_grin

and yes, it was a bit hard to make my mind which to choose, I started choosing randomly  bear_tongue

oh... and girls... yes, all we here are girls! bear_smile

Thanks everyone, I'm happy that you like my sweeties!  bear_flower

Website

I've made another couple of bears! Real stuff is really increadible, I love making bears with this bear_original

Here is my first panda bear, made with great mohair from Bumblebearies. He's 23cm / 9" , 5way jointed (this is for the first time, too). Thank you very much! bear_flower

IMGP4164.JPG

And here is a small bear made with fabric from Sonya Shaw.
Mary is 9cm / 3.5"

IMGP3528.JPG
There is another bear sitting in my room made with your mohair but I haven't took his pictures so I'll show him later:) Thank you! bear_flower

Kathleen Pa

WOW! Youv'e been very busy!!  All your bears are adorable! :clap:

Kathleen

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Ania, you have been very busy. They are all so adorable and I love your style. bear_wub

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Your bears are so cute.  You have been so busy.  Are your fingers tired yet?

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Wonderful looking bears!! You have made excellent jobs of each and every one of them. What a clever girl you are.  bear_thumb 

Spook is super cool, I really like the look of that fabric.  bear_original

Regards

Lisa

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Awwww Ania.....they are all so cute!!  What a great job you are doing.  Love the design of them.... such sweet faces....

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

now I can see... the nose and eyes are no symetric,

It's amazing what the camera 'sees' that our eyes don't!

If you ever have doubts about things like symmetry, turn the picture upside down. Additionally, if needed, you can draw true North/South & East/West lines through the image. Your eyes will immediately see exactly what's 'off'...

Website

Thank you everyone, I'm not tired at all! All I need now is more time, yes... more time!  bear_rolleyes

And thanks for the tips, Roberta! I need to learn using it beacause I definetely don't like asymetry with bears! bear_grin

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

i love your work - i added you as a friend on flickr !
cat xxxx

Board footer