Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

What should I add or change to my ebay auctions to make them more appealing?  Should I change my subject line or what category I put my bears in? Help!

Deb Upstate New York

Kim,

I spent some time recently in the Artist section of Ebay browsing just to look at the auction formats/colors.  I'll probably use a format similar to the ones that have eye appeal to ME.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Kim,

I struggle with this too.   One of our successful british artists uses a template (I think that's what it's called, no technical knowledge in me old bones!!), I know she's got an auction going at the mo.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … _Stores_IT

I hope this is the link, I'm sure the host (correct term - no idea!!?) is in Julie's listing - yeah 'auction boutique', you can click on it on the listing.   

I think it makes the listing look great - not that I've done anything like this yet as my bears don't fetch that much:( and I haven't really looked into how much it costs, but it's worth a look huh?!

What do others do in their listings to make people LOOK!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kim et al, check out auction template (yes, that's the word!:) ) services.

I use The Seller Sourcebook.  http://www.sellersourcebook.com/

I often see reference to Andale as well; you can Google that one yourself!

If you see a "look" you like, scroll to the bottom of the auction.  If it's a template, from a template service, you can usually click right on the link to that service's site and find out for yourself how to grab hold of that look for yourself.

The Seller Sourcebook added a feature recently that allows you to create your own simple template, which was great, because now, finally, knowing ZERO html, I can use my custom-made PBB website background as the background of my auctions, too.

TSS also has about a gajillion other templates, arranged by theme, from which you can choose.  They're inexpensive and terrific with customer service, and you get so much server space for your dollar it's unreal.  I haven't had to remove an auction photo, EVER, since starting up with them over a year ago.  That's a lot of photos, at about ten per auction!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Dear Kim.... One thing... I know that the one you have listed is not a mini, but I know you had a mini recently on eBay.... You HAVE to put 'mini" in there!  Seriously.... a whole lot of people just collect miniatures, and when they do an eBay search... most of them just go to the Artist Bears section and type in 'mini.'  You'll never be seen by a ton of the mini collectors if you don't have that word in your title.  Though.... of course, there are a couple of well known mini artists who don't use mini and do get a whole lot of action... There's always an exception, isn't there!?  If your little ones are less than 6 inches tall.... 'mini' is the key word!

Beray truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Fantastic post. I am also interested in the answers as I could do with some pizazz. I put bear in my koala title as I know they are not bears but its all to do with the search. Very good point there.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kim,
if you want to email me privately I can offer some help getting you set up with what I now use.  It took awhile to understand it, but once you get your template created it's easy to change.  I've only used it on my current auction (which hasn't been successful yet) but I do like the layout.  You can see it at http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … %3AIT&rd=1

Anyway , it is only $1/month to use, can't get much better than that.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I think I've posted this somewhere before, but for a cheap, easy way to creat ebay auctions go to

robshelp.com

It's soo easy to use, you can create an 'about me' page, or just an aution template. FOR FREE!!!

It's what I use, although I am getting ready to start creating my own HTML. But if you have any questions about Robshelp, just email me and I will be happy to help out.
Heather

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi Kim,
I haven't sold for the last 2 to 3 years. Actually I haven't made any for the last couple of years, just slowly getting back into it.
I used to place one  bear per week on Ebay.
I think most of my collectors at the time, found me through the various Yahoo bear groups I used to belong to. So it really came down to advertising my teds within the groups. Unfortunately the groups aren't all that active anymore.
I also had a mailing list, so I could notify collectors when I had a bear on ebay.
The majority of the bears I sold were mini's, 3 inches & under.
I used to always mention that they were mini's in my heading. With some of them it's hard to tell in a photo  whether they're a full size bear or a miniature. Some collectors luv 'em, others don't bother with them.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I need to do something and figured it might help to get a snazzier auction.... I would like to keep it as cheap as possible until I start selling on a regular basis. I guess I need help all around, with my pic taking, auctions and my website LOL i am a mess!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Not as messy as my head is at the moment! I have spent the last hour or so looking at the suggested links for templates. Mind blowing stuff. I have found a nice simple free copy and paste one.

http://auctionsupplies.com/templates/

Don't get too overloaded, you can only do one task at a time. Some great links were given.

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Kim, it doesn't get much easier than this place.
It is free, you have a nice clean looking auction and I used it for a long time.  I think Mary Holstad uses it too, if my memory serves me correctly.  I would have to go look at her auctions to tell you that for sure tho.

Anyway, give it a try.
SIMPLE and NICE
http://www.antique-central.com/tips1.html

Nanc,

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

thank you, nanc bear_original they have lots of pretty backgrounds!

Board footer