Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

First I have a specific blog related question.... I'd like to add some links to ther people's blogs to my blog-link area on my blog page.... Is it customary to ask the other person if it is okay to do this?  Or, do you just do it? 

I know that I don't mind having someone link to me without asking!   bear_wub  :hug:   Just wondering what is customary, so I don't end up running afoul of some unwritten rule of blogging!

Speaking of which.... ARE there any "blog etiquette" rules?   You know... like written ones?   bear_wacko

Kim Basta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Thanks for beating me to the punch, Kim.  I'm in the process of setting up a blog now, and was wondering all of the same questions!

hugs,

Brenda

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Hey Kim and Brenda,
Fill free to add me to your blog links and I will do the same for y'all if you want me too..... bear_flower

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

..eh, I just added 'em..I figure cross-publicity is always good!  I never stopped to wonder if the artist would prefer to be contacted---I suppose it would be courteous!! 

[on that note, everyone on TT please let me brag about your incredible bears and post links to your site from my blog!!  I know it's gonna happen eventually, just wanna cover my bases!]

On a related note, I finally went and installed Statcounter on my site---it's AMAZING how many cross-linkings I get from other artists sites!!  Hurrah for marketing!!!

Amelia

K Pawz Guest

Feel free to use my blog link anyone, and I will use yours as well as soon as I figure out where the blog links page is :crackup:

Hugs,
Krista

Kalispell, Montana

..oh, duh..yes, anyone if they like can use my website banner or link to my blog/site, whatever...whenever!

Amelia

Hudson, Ohio

I just feel like I am still SO in "the shallow end of the pool" when it comes to blogging!   :crackup:   I just don't want to screw anything up!

I did find this... in another BLOG of all places!

http://www.cadence90.com/wp/index.php?p=2793

Kim Basta

Hudson, Ohio
K Pawz wrote:

Feel free to use my blog link anyone, and I will use yours as well as soon as I figure out where the blog links page is :crackup:

Oh yes... ditto for me!  I do still have to figure out HOW to do it as well Krista!   :crackup:

Kim Basta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

eh, I just added 'em..I figure cross-publicity is always good!  I never stopped to wonder if the artist would prefer to be contacted---I suppose it would be courteous!!

[on that note, everyone on TT please let me brag about your incredible bears and post links to your site from my blog!!  I know it's gonna happen eventually, just wanna cover my bases!]

On a related note, I finally went and installed Statcounter on my site---it's AMAZING how many cross-linkings I get from other artists sites!!  Hurrah for marketing!!!

EVERYTHING Amelia said, above.  Kim, I've actually already added you to my blog.  Hope that was okay!  I keep trying to grab any blog links I see in the avatar boxes here at TT, and just stick them in my own blog LINKS area, for just that cross-marketing purpose.  And yes, I do get lots of hits to my blog from other artists blogs, just like Amelia!

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Amelia what is statcounter ?? Does it count visits as I couldnt work out how to do that on my blog .How do you get it? I would like to add anyone who would like to be added and visa versa .
Thanks ,
Louise

K Pawz Guest

Okay so I have added everyone who has posted in this link to my blog, I figured it out, but don't ask me how...fluke I tell you!!! :crackup:

Hugs,
Krista

Hudson, Ohio
Shelli wrote:

Kim, I've actually already added you to my blog.  Hope that was okay!  I keep trying to grab any blog links I see in the avatar boxes here at TT, and just stick them in my own blog LINKS area, for just that cross-marketing purpose.  And yes, I do get lots of hits to my blog from other artists blogs, just like Amelia!

Oh of course it is Shelli!  :hug:  I'm certainly not worried in the least bit about people adding me to their blog links.... I was more worried that someone might be upset with ME if I added them withouot asking.   Again, being so new to this, I just wasn't sure if there were any "unwritten type rules" that I was unaware of.  I'm worried that I might step on someone else's toes... not that someone would step on mine. 

Oh this is fun... now I'm off to figure out how to link all the bear blogs I can find!  If I miss anyone (and I'm sure I will... just eMail or PM me and I'll add you!)   :hug:  :dance:

Kim Basta

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I'll be updating my links at the weekend.  I added all the initial teddy talk bloggers but I see lots more have joined the party.

To me blogging is all about the community and in fact the way I've discovered some of my favourite blogs has been through blogrolls (the linky bit!).    It's also why I think it's important to comment on people's blogs.  It's all about sharing in the creativity!

I do want to feature some specific works on my site and in that case I'll most definitely contact the artists in person.

In wordpress (www.wordpress.com) the free blogging software that I use, you get both a feed counter and a stat counter for free - so I can see who's linked to my blog from where, and what search terms in search engines people have found me by (they are soooo funny sometimes).  I can also see roughly how many people use the various aggregators like bloglines, googlereader etc to read my blog.

Kalispell, Montana

Louise, if you have Statcounter already, simply click on "My Projects", pick "Add New Project", fill out the questionaire accordingly [if you are using the free one, it'll choose fields for you, name your page Blog, give the web address location, pick a category & time, hit the Next button...eventually you will get to a screen that asks you if your website uses frames, say yes...it'll ask if you use blogging software, pick Blogger...and then take the code, do a new page element with HTML/Java, and put the code Statcounter gave you in it, and BAZAM!  You'll be all set!

With Wordpress, it's built in.  I am still toying with both, figuring out which I like better.

Amelia  *blogging happily*

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Anyone can add me - I don't mind.  I would think everyone would want someone else to add them b/c the more links to your site, the better.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I ditto what Chrissie said!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh, I SOOOO feel like I am being left behind! I really need to try to figure out to make a blog so I can join in the fun! Maybe one of these days when I have a hundred or so hours to spare!  :lol:
Gee, then maybe I could even have a banner here on TT, since I don't have a web site to link that to, I could link it to my blog instead! Off to read about which blog site to think about trying - but don't look for a blog from me for quite some time yet, I know this is going to take me a while!  :crackup:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Edie - go for it.  It's really easy.  I set mine up in a morning.  I'm using blogger.com and if I can do it, you sure can.  I really enjoy writing, and I've got tons of ideas for posts.  Get going girl.

hugs,

Brenda

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hello, may I  please be added too, just started one!! Found it quite hard and I think everybody is so very clever, they are a pleasure to read.  I will add everybody to mine as soon as I find out how!!  Thank you so much.

Warm wishes
Pauline

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I add them without asking. It's total flattery to find your link on somebody's blog. I've been a slacker lately but I am trying to update my blog.

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi All,
I think I have added everyone to my blog. I would appreciate it if everyone would add me to their blog links.
Thanks!
Amy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I was just about to drive myself nuts with this very question today.... bear_wacko   bear_wacko

I knew I had read something about it somewhere...GO FIGURE it would be here on TEDDY TALK!!!

bear_grin   bear_grin   bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

While we're on this discussion I must apologize in advance for not having ANYONE's blog links on my blog.
And thank all of you who have my blog link on your blog. I WILL reciprocate! It's just so time consuming unless there is an easier way to do it on Blogger than I think.

If it's any consolation, I'm not good about keeping my blog current.... it's just 'one more thing' for me most of the time and I never get to it. Besides, exactly 2 people I know of ever check my blog and they have their own blogs with all of your links so I don't think I'm preventing any of you from getting extra hits to your blog!

I'll try to do better .... in fact it will be my new year's resolution.... a list which grows longer every day! :redface:
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Please feel free to add me, too. I consider it a compliment...and appreciate it!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

OK in answer to the question.  Normally you let the person know you have linked.  I nearly always ask first because it allows them to reciprocate and spread the word back to you.  Crafters and artists out there love to pay it back to you.  Now my blog links are woefully out of date and I will get round to adding everyone one day.

Board footer