Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh OH OH....can I come too, I'll bring the ice cream.

I love German Chocolate, but this Caramel fudge creation sounds too to intriguing.....can you share the recipie???

apple and strawberry together?  That sounds great-i NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF IT...oops caps lock- I truly do hate that key- why can't they put it in an out of the way place were wonky fingers aren't as likely to get to it?  :/

bear_tongue diloop bear_tongue

teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

Here is a good reason to quit. It is becoming socially unacceptable. It seems like so many have quit, it is rare to see people smoking. Well, at least down south, do tend to see more smokers up in the northern states. What else do you have to do in winter I guess, kind of like, who plays cards in Florida, knowone!

It is getting to a point where smokers are the outcasts (dregs) of society. If that doesn't do anything, well, food tastes SO MUCH better. If you are trying to sell a bear to a potential customer, smelling like a cigerrette may not be the best thing. Though if you are a woman bear artist smoking cigars, that could add to the allure! bear_original

"Just do it" and stop talking about it. Getting over the first 4 day shock is the hardest part. If you make it a week, your a champion. Make it a month your a winner. Make it two months, you have quit.

Just think, you will have so much more energy to make bears! Curb your cig needs by changing your mindset. Having the urge to smoke should not be a negative thing, it is going to happen. You need to channel the urge to something positive, making bears, excercising, whatever.

Yeah, I've been a dirty smoker, alwyas scared that my teddies stink.

Good luck, don't be a stinker whatever your do! bear_original

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

My sister quit smoking two years ago, after smoking for over 20 years.  One thing she said is that she didn't realize until she quit how much money she was spending on cigarettes.  So just think of all of the bear supplies that you can buy with the money you were spending on cigarettes.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Heather,
Sorry to jamp in here so late...
I just wanted to say
   ***  Big Congratulations !!!!!!!!! **********************

Hug Hug Hugs/Marie

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Heather for quitting smoking - that is wonderful and how much better
your health and money in your pocket will be!!! Best of luck with that.

Rikki, I was very sorry to hear that your husband has not been well and hope that
he will be making a good recovery.

I made the most yummiest cake banana with lemon icing and we had about half of it and
I put it in the fridge. Someone lay a bottle of gerkins on their side and the juice ran
over the cake on the rack below - not a good look and had to throw the cake out.

Hugs
Carolyn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

EWWWW!!  Pickled banana cake!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I heard that the average lifetime smoker spends over $300,000 on ciggies.....that's a house worth!!!!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

If I had known you weremaking dessert, I woudnt have logged off so soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol:

Sue anne are you pregnant???????:lol::lol:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Late Congratulations, Heather bear_laugh

Hang in there! I hear it's just about the hardest addiction to beat, so don't be discouraged at any setbacks! The will is everything

Eileen

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Hang in there Heather, save your money, and improve your health, their my words of wisdom. bear_happy

Deb Upstate New York

Matilda,

Hey, maybe after the caramel chocolate we could give that banana with lemon a try? I think it sounds good.  Banana probably sweet with a little zestly contrast  ...  yum!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

DEB! I'm a wee bit worried about the pickle custard that apparently goes with it.:lol::lol:

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Dear Heather,
One of the biggest reasons that I can give to you for quiting is "life!"
My mama lost her very long battle with emphysema this last June. I never want to see a person suffer such a long and painful struggle like that again. She was only 60 years old. Mom began smoking when she was like 18 years old. My mama was diagnosed with COPD first about 6 or 7 years ago. Drs gave her inhalers to help, but kept on smoking. After a couple years it developed into emphysema. She then had to be put on oxygen. She continued to get sick with pneumonia and broncitis all the time, and continued to smoke. The last 2 years of her life was in hospitals. One afternoon she was sick and continued to sleep all afternoon. My dad tried to wake her up for dinner and had a difficult time getting her up. He called 911 and the paramedics could not wake her up either. With the sickness, her lungs were not strong enough to expel the co2 in her body and it was putting her into a coma. When they inserted the tube down her throat to help her breath, she vomited and it to went directly into her lungs. That was the beginning of the end. She was on a ventilator from then on. She was well enough to go home with a ventilator home unit attached to a trachea. When the paramedics were carrying her up to their front door, they dropped her right on the ground, flipped on her side. Still strapped in the gerny, she layed there trying to kick if off of her while they just stood there looking at her. So back then to the hospital for xrays and reevaluation. The last 6 months were at home. I was so thankful for that. My dad and family there took care of her night and day. Hospice is a good thing, but they would not help my mama out because she was still on a "life support", the ventilator. It really did not make much sense to me because if they would turn off the ventilator, she would die within minutes..... So sorry to go on with this story. But smoking really is very addictive and controlling habit. So, so much pain and misery she went through just for a puff.....

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Heather, I know you can do it!!!
For me the worse thing is the smell of smokers. You met my daughter Megan. The smell is always on her and it's not pleasant. You will eventually regain your sense of smell and hopefully join the group of ex-smokers who are so obnoxious to smokers about quitting!

Marion

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, I don't know what to say to all of you. I am soo touched. I wasn't expecting 'those' kids of reasons to quit. I'm lucky and haven't known anyone who has died or been sick from smoking. It seems so real when I hear all of your stories. Thank you soo much for sharing, and maybe you've even helped other smokers reading the thread as well.
I knew it smelled, but I didn't know it smelled THAT bad!! Thank goodness I've quit then.
You have helped soo much, thanks for the support, and the prayers (dilu)

Oh, and for those of you with loved ones that smoke. PM me, and I'll send you the title to the book I've read. The book doesn't force you to quit, or anything. It just helps you understand the nature of the beast. So it's not intimidating to smokers who have no intention to quit.

Okay, have to leave work now, I'll read this thread EVERYDAY to motivate me

Thanks more than I can say

Heather

Board footer