Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Stellajella Wien

My dear friends,

my time on TT is limited since some time and even more so since about a week, when my dad, age 78, had a stroke.
My mom reacted extremely well, after my dad got up in the morning and was not able to talk propperly, she called the ambulance.When the ambulance came to pick him up he could still walk, but his situation got more and more critical afterwards.
It took 2 days, until his condition stabely settled: his right side is paralysed, his speaking is very bad.
My mom, who is not in the best of conditions either and I are trying to liften his spirits, even though my mom fears, that he might be a nursing case.
I keep telling her about all sorts of people, who recovered from a stroke, to give her hope.

I found out about how strong prayers and good thoughts can be, and therefore,

may I please ask you for some sunny good thoughts or prayers for my dad, so he will recover completely and for mom& dad, so that they can have many more happy years together

I thank you all so much! :hug:

May I remind y´all, how you can find out, if somebody has a stroke:
The symptoms of stroke are distinct because they happen quickly:

Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg (especially on one side of the body)
Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
Sudden severe headache with no known cause
What should a bystander do?
If you believe someone is having a stroke – if he or she suddenly loses the ability to speak, or move an arm or leg on one side, or experiences facial paralysis on one side – call 911 immediately.

Thank you all and god bless you

Gaby bear_flower

Densteds Densteds
Website

Dear Gaby,
so very sorry to hear about your Dad, my dad is 85 and I worry so much about him, so I know it must be a very hard time for you & your mum, my thoughts are with you & your family & I pray that he'll be well again very soon.

puca bears puca bears

Oh Gaby - what an awful thing to happen! I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts your way - I DO hope he recovers well.....and I wish you and your family strength to get thru' this
lotsa hugs :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
love
Maria

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Hugs to you! My folks are in their late 70's. I worry about them as well. They are in the process of moving closer to me (2 hours instead of 12) and I will be very glad when that is all said and done! All my best to your dad!  bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Gaby. Your news is very sad and I am so sorry to hear that your dad is suffering and your Mum too. I send all my positive thoughts and prayers for both of them and wish them both long and happy lives together.
God bless!

Hugs Jane. 
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Gaby: I am so sorry about your father having a stroke. It is so hard not only for him but you and your family. I will send many prayers.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aw, Gaby... so sorry to hear about your dad.  There's lots of hope for rehab and recovery, though, for most stroke victims.  It sounds like your dad's surrounded by caring, intelligent people.  I wish him all the best and send all my most positive thoughts your family's way.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Gaby Hun! Wonderful and good thoughts come your way and to your family! You are all in our thoughts and prayers!!

Hugs Louise

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

So sorry about your dad, sending hugs and prayers your way.  :hug:  :pray:

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad Gaby. Wishing him a fast and complete recovery!
Remember to take care of yourself too! :hug:

Cheryl bear_flower

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Dear Gaby,  I wish the very best for you, your dad and mom.   :hug: I'll say a little prayer; I hope you all are OK!

Kimberly W.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I will certainly be praying for you and your parents.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh Gaby, I am so sorry to hear of your Dads stroke.  I will prey for your Dad to have a speedy recovery.  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:
Big Hug to you and your Mum, it is such a trying time for you both  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Peace and comfort to you, Gaby, and both your parents.  I hope for the best possible outcome.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Gaby prayers being offered for your Dad and your family I hope your Dad makes a speedy recovery..

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Gaby, my sincerest hugs and prayers go out to your dad for a full recovery.   :hug:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

:hug:  :pray:  :hug:  :pray:  :hug:  :pray:  :hug:

Hugs &

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Gaby I do hope your father will be well soon :hug:

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Gaby my prayers are with your Dad and Mom and with you. I know how terrible worry you have to be.
BIG hug.
Gladys :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Thinking of you and your family, prayers and thoughts are with you all  :hug:

:hug:
~Chrissi

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Gaby,

Sorry to hear about your Dad.  It's such a shock when these things happen.

My Dad had a very sudden cardiac arrest last year (only age 65) , and has been left with terrible brain damage due to lack of oxygen.  He now needs 24 hour care.....My Mum looks after him, but when she can't cope with it anymore he will probably go to a nursing home.....

I wish you and your Mum all the strength to get through this and I hope your Dad recovers well.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Gaby I am sending you  my prayers and hugs too.  Take care  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pauline

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad! My prayers are with you and your family!  I hope your dad makes a speedy recovery! Lots of hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

:pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Prayers and hugs coming to you......God Bless
Ellen

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Gaby, so sorry to hear about your dad. you must be so worry.... bear_cry
I'm wishing for his speedy recovery and sending many hugs your way... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer