Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi guys! I just had a thought that perhaps a small boycott was taking place with Ebay! Call me crazy but the last time I checked there were only 193 artist bears listed. For a Thursday night, that is a bit odd.

I think if that is the case it is likely well deserved with all the negative changes for sellers that have taken place as of late.

Has anyone else noticed a change? Or is the Merlot finally going to my head! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Hugs Louise

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

It could be due in part to B4B but also UK listings no longer show up there unless the artists pay for it too and list it separate to their UK listing. Or that's how I understood it from Shane's recent post.

It's also spring... sort of... and that usually causes a slow down on eBay. And it's a busy show time...

There could be a lot of reasons. I'm willing to bet a big one is B4B... that's where all the bears have gone.... or 50 or so anyway.

Or perhaps you spelled bear wrong when you did a search after drinking too much merlot????

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Louise, I just checked both ebay.ca and ebay.com and under artist, one of a kind, it is currently showing 484 artist bears on ebay.ca and 632 on ebay.com and that's not counting whatever is under "other".

Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Daph !! You are probably right Hun!

Edie, thanks so much, when I check for artist bears I always type in ARTIST BEARS and when I do I now see 199. I guess I need to expand my horizons! Thanks so much guys. I still think is a bit quiet as when I type in artist bears as a norm  400-500 listings show. I will just sit back and sip on my Merlot and let the night time fuzzies set in so I can go to bed.

Hugs Louise

Hugs Louise

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I know when I was on earlier, the set up on ebay.com looked different.  For new listings there was only something like 49 artist bears for the last 24 hours !!  I thought that was strange as well.  I hope they go bankrupt actually , they have just become far to greedy if you ask me. 

hugs

Shane

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

People are upset with the new private bidder feature and other changes they have made lately, people are slowly going to other venues to sell their stuff, I hope Bid4bears can beneifit from ebays lack of understanding their customers.  There is a chat board with over 4000posts saying how much they hate the new system and how they are leaving ebay.  Ebay has lost the trust of so many of their customers, they don't seem to care when people write, but the sellers and buyers have gotten smart, they are letting their money do the talking. Maybe now ebay will start listening.

Tofield Alberta Canada

I totally hear you guys! I am almost sorry that I have a bear on Ebay for an auction at this time.

I say, Go For It Bid-4Bears and lets hope this does not have a long term effect on the bear collectors as a whole! We need to keep those collecors intrigued! Without those lovely people who have a passion for our art, we would soon be in the toilet without a paddle.

Hugs Louise

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oops...I didn't mean to boycott eBay but I listed my 3new bers on B4B this time...  hee hee :redface:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Jodi Moisan wrote:

There is a chat board with over 4000posts saying how much they hate the new system and how they are leaving ebay.

Just a note...they have been saying that on the eBay chat boards for years whenver they change something....

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Edie, thanks so much, when I check for artist bears I always type in ARTIST BEARS and when I do I now see 199.

That is interesting, Louise! I always just click on "Dolls and Bears" and then narrow it to artist bears and then one of a kind. The way you do it you will only get the ones where the lister has put "artist bear" in the title - which I have never done! Right now there are 255 with artist bear in the title (and that includes some from the "manufactured" and the "other", as well as the "ooak"), and 767 in artist bears total, with 483 of those in the "ooak". It is good to know what people search on to find things as THOSE are the things we need to put in our titles. I always put my name (which unfortunately is long! bear_grin ), "miniature" and "mini" (as I know some people search just for miniature bears but you don't know if they will use the full word or shorten it!) and I think in future I will have to try to fit artist bear in as I am sure you would not be the only one who uses that for searching, Louise!

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

personally i have avoided ebay after not selling anything my last three times listing, and paying the outrageous fee for being in the 'featured' section. for a lot less money i have had much better success over at bid4bears on my first try! plus i started using an etsy.com shop to sell at too for different more specific customers that are looking for handmade.

so i guess i am boycotting ebay! inadvertently anyway....

Board footer