Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Balfur-small-2.jpgBalfur-small.jpgMorning all! here is my new Guilty-coz-I-should-be-revising creation, Balfur XD

He's diminuative for me, at only 5 inches tall standing, but he's quite a beefy sort of fellow: the first bear I've made completely from my own pattern! There were times when I felt like throwing bits of him into the hall, but I think that would scare my fellow students, and luckily he's turned out ok bear_original I want to tighten up his arm joints, as the mini cotter pin creations i tried seem a little floppy, but after this I may chose to sell him... which brings me to another point.

I am a new bear maker, and have not yet sold a bear (although my local art shop agreed to take a few in: whoopee!) so I have little idea about costs and my own creations worth... I have no shiny medals or prominant experience to speak of, and I was wondering if people would be so kind as to give me a price they would be willing to pay for him?  That way i can decide whether or not to sell him when he's finished off bear_original

Please let me know what you think!

Chloe x

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Chloe: what a sweet bear! I don't sell my bears so I can't advise you on pricing. Maybe others can guide you. But none-the-less you have somebody willing to put your little guy in their shop. That is wonderful!

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

bear_laugh Thanks Michelle bear_original I'm actually considering putting him on my Etsy pages, which is why I'd like an estimate: those prices can't be haggled!

I'm glad you like him bear_original He looks a little lopsided there... better pictures soon!

majdle Posts: 130
Website

AWWWW...what a cute bear! Good luck - i´m quite sure your bears will do just fine.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thank you bear_original I hope so... I may be giving him to a lady who helped me last month after I was flashed walking back from the shops last week... bless her, she was so kind to me bear_tongue She's the receptionist at my College.  I still need to fix his arms first though bear_happy

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

lucky lady if she gets him, she'll be made up
sorry to hear you had a bad experience :hug:

cat xxx

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Yeah it wasbn't good: four days before my exams too. Still they got him so no worries there... She was so kind to me, so I'll either be giving her Balfur or a bigger bear: depends which takes my fancy!

Board footer